Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 20:50   #46
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

We have had a good number of new channels over the last year, and we are grateful for that, but many have been fairly low quality or low interest channels. I hope now under Liberty management we can look forward to getting all the channels we would expect to see on the cable platform.

At the very least, we should have Sky Atlantic/HD, Drama, More Movies, MGM HD, Sony Movies, BT Sports 1 and 2/HD and ESPN/HD, all of which are prominently set out in listings magazines such as TV and Satellite Week. Other HD channels that we do not presently have should also be added.

Additionally, Virgin Media should put on a decent choice of 3D material, and if this cannot be done through video on demand, a deal should be done with Sky for Sky 3D.

Just by doing this, it will encourage more people over to Virgin Media as we will no longer be regarded by satellite viewers as the 'poor relation'. That will bring more money into VM and help them to improve services further.

It is heartbreaking to see the possibilities with the TIVO box not being exploited. I thought we would at least have access to Lovefilm or Netflix by now - this was being mooted well over a year ago. Only a small number of the apps VM have given us are worth having. Personally, I only use the i-Player, news, weather and You-Tube, which is a poor relation of the internet version. Such a shame. Such a wasted opportunity.
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2013, 20:51   #47
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Trouble is, VM users have got all those channels already, except for Atlantic. If they don't give an Atlantic only option, then it's way too expensively priced for VM users IMHO.
Maybe that is the plan..attract others..and price it so that you need to pay full price to see atlantic
Old 06-08-2013, 20:54   #48
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Trouble is, VM users have got all those channels already, except for Atlantic. If they don't give an Atlantic only option, then it's way too expensively priced for VM users IMHO.
The product isn't specifically aimed at pay TV customers its been designed to attract those who've so far not adopted pay TV due to long contracts and pricey subscription packs.
Old 06-08-2013, 20:55   #49
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
l agree its too pricey in my opinion as well.
Old 06-08-2013, 20:56   #50
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
For the upcoming launch on Now TV.
As I pointed out in vol. 3 they could still keep the exclusivity label as both services are operated by BSkyB.
Old 06-08-2013, 20:59   #51
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I agree however it's a nice addition for Freeview customers who maybe want access to SKY programming but don't want to pay a substantial subscription cost each month.

I must admit I'm really impressed with some of the options on the market. Samsung Smart TV's have catch up TV available for free on BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5. You can also access Netflix, Lovefilm and Blinkbox. Whilst Now TV is exclusive to LG Smart TV's for the next 12 months, it will be available next year to Samsung. With 10 new HD channels launching on Freeview within the next 12 months, a Smart TV and Now TV subscription for the SKY basic channels will be a very attractive option to some households.

Youview could become defunct as more and more new TV's are Smart as standard.

Sorry to go way off topic.
Old 06-08-2013, 21:02   #52
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
We have had a good number of new channels over the last year, and we are grateful for that, but many have been fairly low quality or low interest channels. I hope now under Liberty management we can look forward to getting all the channels we would expect to see on the cable platform.

At the very least, we should have Sky Atlantic/HD, Drama, More Movies, MGM HD, Sony Movies, BT Sports 1 and 2/HD and ESPN/HD, all of which are prominently set out in listings magazines such as TV and Satellite Week. Other HD channels that we do not presently have should also be added.

Additionally, Virgin Media should put on a decent choice of 3D material, and if this cannot be done through video on demand, a deal should be done with Sky for Sky 3D.

Just by doing this, it will encourage more people over to Virgin Media as we will no longer be regarded by satellite viewers as the 'poor relation'. That will bring more money into VM and help them to improve services further.

It is heartbreaking to see the possibilities with the TIVO box not being exploited. I thought we would at least have access to Lovefilm or Netflix by now - this was being mooted well over a year ago. Only a small number of the apps VM have given us are worth having. Personally, I only use the i-Player, news, weather and You-Tube, which is a poor relation of the internet version. Such a shame. Such a wasted opportunity.
AFAIK VM are the only platform that remain commited to 3D and have announced plans for more VOD 3D content.

As 3D hasn't really taken off and Sky have partially unencrypted their own 3D channel to try and improve ratings, it wouldn't surprise me if Sky 3D appeared on VM. It's no longer the draw for customets that Sky obviously thought it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
As I pointed out in vol. 3 they could still keep the exclusivity label as both services are operated by BSkyB.
Indeed.
Old 06-08-2013, 21:03   #53
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I agree however it's a nice addition for Freeview customers who maybe want access to SKY programming but don't want to pay a substantial subscription cost each month.

I must admit I'm really impressed with some of the options on the market. Samsung Smart TV's have catch up TV available for free on BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5. You can also access Netflix, Lovefilm and Blinkbox. Whilst Now TV is exclusive to LG Smart TV's for the next 12 months, it will be available next year to Samsung. With 10 new HD channels launching on Freeview within the next 12 months, a Smart TV and Now TV subscription for the SKY basic channels will be a very attractive option to some households.

Youview could become defunct as more and more new TV's are Smart as standard.

Sorry to go way off topic.
If I was to get rid of sky, and not want Virgin, I do have a smart tv and broadband, so maybe an option (no Aerial at present).
Old 06-08-2013, 21:11   #54
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The product isn't specifically aimed at pay TV customers its been designed to attract those who've so far not adopted pay TV due to long contracts and pricey subscription packs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
it's a nice addition for Freeview customers who maybe want access to SKY programming but don't want to pay a substantial subscription cost each month.

Agreed; that's what it's for. It could mean that VM will lose out on Atlantic (again) because it doesn't make economic sense for VM users.

If they don't offer an Atlantic only option, I guess we'll have to wait until they are discounting the entertainment pack at £9.99 for six months, similar to the current offer on the movies part of Now TV
Old 06-08-2013, 21:28   #55
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

SA aint coming to VM sooner the people accept this the better
Old 06-08-2013, 21:33   #56
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
I suspect you are right
Old 06-08-2013, 21:33   #57
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Well said
Old 06-08-2013, 21:37   #58
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I suspect you are right
Oh my thy pessimism is very prevalent tonight.
Old 06-08-2013, 21:59   #59
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Sky is the brand name, BSkyB is the company - Now TV is it own brand, so its not still exclusive to Sky at all. If this wasn't the case they wouldn't be changing the language.

Stop trying to invent reasons to speculate (AGAIN).
Old 06-08-2013, 22:01   #60
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
Sky is the brand name, BSkyB is the company - Now TV is it own brand, so its not still exclusive to Sky at all. If this was the case they wouldn't be changing the language.

Stop trying to invent reasons to speculate (AGAIN).
exactly SA will only be going on now tv so not exclusive to sky platform that's only reason they dropped word exclusive it not coming to VM
Closed Thread