Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Need a remote code for wharfedale tv

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Need a remote code for wharfedale tv

Old 31-01-2013, 23:37   #1
chrishay123
Inactive

chrishay123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need a remote code for wharfedale tv

Hi people,

I've brought a Goodmans GDR 11 freeview box and I need a remote code to Work with my Wharfedale tv.

The codes that came in the manual with the freeview box : 0037, 0861, 0896, 0519 and 1613 do not work.

The model number of my Wharfedale tv is : KP21TK210QG

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From Chris
chrishay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2013, 00:30   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Need a remote code for wharfedale tv

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum.

I hope one of our members will have already found the code you need but in case they haven't I have had a good search around but can't find any other codes anywhere.

The company Wharfedale have not actually manufactured TV since 2008 when the brand name was licensed to Argos for the manufacture of electronics products so who actually provides the parts for TVs badged as Wharfedale after that date is unclear.

I have seen mention that the innards of your TV could be by LG so it may be worth trying the codes for that make of TV.

LG codes 0056 0178 0037 0370 0377 The fact that 0037 appears in both sets of codes is hopefully a good sign.

Other than that I think you may just have to try the laborious method of working your way from 0001 to 9999. Fingers crossed that won't be necessary.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:03   #3
chrishay123
Inactive

Thumbs up Re: Need a remote code for wharfedale tv

Thank you.

I've tried the LG codes that you have stated, however, it still does not work.

I brought my tv from Ebay, so I'm at a bit of a loose end here.

I don't particularly want to go through the laborious method of trying every four digit code.

If anyone else can help then please advise.

Kind regards

Chris
Old 01-02-2013, 17:19   #4
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

The other 2 long shots that I used to recommend trying when many of us had problems tracking down codes to use with the VM V+ were Goodmans and Samsung codes. Goodmans because they use a lot of parts from other manufactures and Samsung because I believe they supply parts to end suppliers such as Argos.

Fingers still crossed that someone on here will still be able to help you.
Old 02-02-2013, 00:27   #5
chrishay123
Inactive

Goodmans and Samsung codes didn't work for my Wharfedale tv.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:35   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

It's quite possible the remote has no code for your TV. Rather than going from 0000 to 9999, a safer bet may be to buy a generic remote (One For All or similar) and use it to control both the TV and the Freeview box.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:19   #7
chrishay123
Inactive

Okay. I think I'll just stick to what I've got. Thanks anyway.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:42   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Not a lot of help to the OP, but possibly to someone else: the remote that came with my Echostar Freesat box "learned" the remote signals from my Wharfedale telly. Echostar also make Freeview boxes.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:16   #9
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

I found these on FixYa, not sure if they'll work since I don't have the same TV. Give them a try anyway. Hope they are of help .
0031 0062 0004 0005 0009 0051 0000 0068 0075 0087 0095 0119 0052 0001 0008 0024
Old 03-02-2013, 11:33   #10
chrishay123
Inactive

Thanks for this information, however they do not work.