Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TIVO install 3rd November HELP

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

TIVO install 3rd November HELP

Old 31-10-2011, 10:26   #1
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone and 50Mb BB , Tivo \m/
Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough
TIVO install 3rd November HELP

Hey everybody ,

Just a query , the mrs is having Tivo installed this thursday but she wants it installed upstairs in the bedroom , which they said on the phone was fine , we already have 50mb BB installed downstairs , we have the usual brown box on the outside of the house at the front and the small white box that the cable is connected to for the broadband modem inside , what i want to know is , will they install the cable from the brown box outside the house and then drill a hole through the bedroom wall like i asked and install another white box for the tivo connection , hope you understand how i mean ! ( or will they try and connect to the white box downstairs and then lay a cable all the way through the house to upstairs ?

thanks for any help on this
Bluffdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2011, 11:08   #2
peachey16
Inactive

Services: 1TB tivo and vhd xl 50mb talk xl
peachey16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TIVO install 3rd November HELP

they will run it around the house ..... (well they should) lol
peachey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 13:35   #3
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachey16 View Post
they will run it around the house ..... (well they should) lol

how do you mean ? inside or out ?
Old 31-10-2011, 13:46   #4
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

outside probably
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2011, 16:29   #5
Bluffdemon
Inactive

well if they moan at me for wanting all cabled outside i will just sack them off
Old 01-11-2011, 23:41   #6
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
They can't moan, they may not like it but as long as it is possible to route outside and installing a cable is possible within the realms of health and safety and vm guidelines like not throwing a cable over a rooftop and not routing too high up a ladder

Then you may have the cables installed wherever you want, you are the homeowner and vm have to respect that.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

They are quite co-operative normally when I had my TiVo installed and v+ box moved I stipulated I wanted 2nd drop cable and for them not to add any extra splitters due to previous signal issues.. Said I wanted the cable routed on the outside, where I wanted the isolator and everything was done as I wanted and a 2nd drop cable was installed just need to know what you want and tell the engineer every detail.. As if u leave to their own devices they will take quickest and shortest route like drilling through a wall from one room to another
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:49   #7
Bluffdemon
Inactive

thanks for your info mate , for them it would be easier outside as its the shortest route from the brown box on the wall to our bedroom , less cable and less hassle i reckon but yeah i'll explain in a polite manner on what i want , no messing with cables over the roof or anything like that for our house and its not high to drill through the outside to our bedroom wall so i think we should be fine !
Old 03-11-2011, 17:00   #8
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffdemon View Post
thanks for your info mate , for them it would be easier outside as its the shortest route from the brown box on the wall to our bedroom , less cable and less hassle i reckon but yeah i'll explain in a polite manner on what i want , no messing with cables over the roof or anything like that for our house and its not high to drill through the outside to our bedroom wall so i think we should be fine !

UPDATE :

Had the install today , phoned just before he came to let me know he is 20 mins away ( cool ) , really cool polite guy and installed everything i wanted , very clean and tidy cabled installation cant fault it , now explaining to her in doors about Tivo and how to use it , so all in all a happy bunny i am , sadly i wont even get near the remote when she is around lol

thank god for pc gaming :-)
Old 04-11-2011, 10:37   #9
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffdemon View Post
UPDATE :

Had the install today , phoned just before he came to let me know he is 20 mins away ( cool ) , really cool polite guy and installed everything i wanted , very clean and tidy cabled installation cant fault it , now explaining to her in doors about Tivo and how to use it , so all in all a happy bunny i am , sadly i wont even get near the remote when she is around lol

thank god for pc gaming :-)
another update :

Went outside this morning to check ( out of curiosity ) what he had done with the brown box and the cable up to the bedroom , he went out of his way to tack down the cable nice and clean next to the sky dish cable and the tv aerial cable coming down the side of the house , how cool is that, well done VM a big thumbs up from us here \m/