Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Government to monitor Internet Use

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

DJ David Lowe loses job over racist word

Old 11-05-2014, 16:04   #1
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
DJ David Lowe loses job over racist word

The BBC are at it again.
Quote:
A veteran BBC local radio DJ has lost his job after playing a song on his golden oldies show containing a racist word.

BBC Radio Devon DJ David Lowe, 68, said he was unaware that a 1932 version of The Sun Has Got His Hat On included the n-word.

Mr Lowe, a broadcaster for 32 years, said it was an "innocent mistake".

He said BBC bosses declined his idea of an on-air apology, and his offer to "fall on my sword" was accepted.
They did offer him his job back but he told them "No Thanks".

Quote:
The BBC said it accepted that the situation could have been handled better, and offered freelance Mr Lowe his job back
This is typical of the BBC, i wonder how much his pay off will be ??

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2014, 16:09   #2
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: DJ David Lowe loses job over racist word

God love him, it was an "innocent mistake" Poor man.
Old 11-05-2014, 16:12   #3
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
God bless him, it was a mistake wasn't it? Poor man.
There are rumours that the 3 presenters from top gear are not going to renew there contracts and that another TV channel has offered them a job on a new show. That's £300 million down the drain for the BBC

Old 11-05-2014, 16:17   #4
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I do not like Jeremy Clarkson now if he were to be sacked I would clap my hands.
Old 11-05-2014, 16:18   #5
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

i dont see what the fuss is its just a word , people call me all sorts of unpleasant things its not like i care. its getting so you can't say anything the worlds gone mad .
Old 11-05-2014, 16:21   #6
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Sadly in todays world there is a unforgiving obsession with PC.
Old 11-05-2014, 16:21   #7
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i dont see what the fuss is its just a word , people call me all sorts of unpleasant things its not like i care. its getting so you can't say anything the worlds gone mad .
Indeed, next i will be called moronic

Old 11-05-2014, 16:24   #8
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
yea by those who like to be offended on someone else s behalf .

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Indeed, next i will be called moronic
its just a term of endearment
Old 11-05-2014, 16:24   #9
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
There is a growing group of people who feel they must be offended on behalf of everyone else no matter what.

Old 11-05-2014, 16:46   #10
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
There are rumours that the 3 presenters from top gear are not going to renew there contracts and that another TV channel has offered them a job on a new show. That's £300 million down the drain for the BBC
Hope that's not true. Top Gear is one of the Beeb's most successful exports.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 16:55   #11
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Hope that's not true. Top Gear is one of the Beeb's most successful exports.
Its a rumour which i don't think would happen to be honest, However as you say it could be a disaster for the BBC. Lets face it there is no one else could do Top Gear as well as Clarkson, May and Hammond.

Old 11-05-2014, 17:14   #12
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
There is a growing group of people who feel they must be offended on behalf of everyone else no matter what.
The BBC is probably the worst culprit of this. The fact they are the media too has allowed them push this kind of thinking too.

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Quote:
I hope Top Gear does move to another channel and that was my first thought after seeing the BBC give them a final warning recently. The appeal of the show beyond the cars is their attitude of not conforming to the politically correct brigade. Remove that and the show is considerably less appealing.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 17:24   #13
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
The BBC is probably the worst culprit of this. The fact they are the media too has allowed them push this kind of thinking too.

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

I hope Top Gear does move to another channel and that was my first thought after seeing the BBC give them a final warning recently. The appeal of the show beyond the cars is their attitude of not conforming to the politically correct brigade. Remove that and the show is considerably less appealing.
I have no problem with it moving and would watch Clarkson and Co on any channel they move to and boy would it be a kick in the butt for the BBC

Old 11-05-2014, 17:32   #14
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

There will always be Dave

If there was a track with an "offensive" word, why wasn't it purged long ago? Or was it left as a boobytrap?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 17:59   #15
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

I think the whole stigma behind using the "N" word is a farce nowadays, Black people use it all the time, if they really found it that offensive they wouldn't use it themselves surely.

Its just another Bull**** excuse for some individuals to get unnecessarily upset about.

I can still appreciate some may find it offensive but come on FFS its just a word, how far do we let the race card get played before some common sense prevails, it's all in the context in which it's delivered not the word itself IMO.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote