Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 21-02-2012, 16:41   #46
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
But I so hate being disappointed
And l am sure you will not be.
Old 21-02-2012, 16:59   #47
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
BBC Apps and Sky Sports Red Button will launch during March and complete in very early April according to NickO on the Community Forum

Looking forward to the BBC Apps personally
That will keep someone we know happy.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 17:04   #48
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
For the moment!
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 17:05   #49
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
BBC Apps and Sky Sports Red Button will launch during March and complete in very early April according to NickO on the Community Forum

Looking forward to the BBC Apps personally
Excellent news, just in time for the end of the football season and the World snooker.

Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 17:59   #50
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Any news on the qwerty slideout keypad remote?

Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 18:13   #51
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l have heard nothing more about it at this present time but it would be a nice addition when it does arrive..
Old 21-02-2012, 19:00   #52
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Hasn't it been reported by some that, albeit some of the buttons are different so it doesn't necessarily do everything, if you but an American one online it will work with the Virgin Tivo? Or have I imagined that?
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 20:20   #53
Ardbeg1977
cf.member

Services: VIP 100 + Tivo
Ardbeg1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

No you didn't imagine it, it does work. I ordered one from Amazon.com before Christmas (£39.48 including shipping & import tax). You plug a bluetooth dongle into the USB port at the back of the Tivo. It has infra-red, as well, so you can program it to switch your tv on and off at the same time as your Tivo box. Although on mine, they don't always sync together. No My Shows button - you press the Tivo button twice, instead. The coloured buttons are different but the functions are in the same place, so red button services are on the first button from the left, in this case the yellow button. Yellow functions are on the red button. Green and blue are reversed, too, but the functions are also in the same positions. Keypad works in the new You Tube app but not in the old one. Also, symbols don't seem to be recognised but that may be due to lack of support in the app. The remote is backlit and overall I'm very pleased with it - a definite improvement on the supplied remote.
Ardbeg1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 09:47   #54
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Talking Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardbeg1977 View Post
No you didn't imagine it, it does work. I ordered one from Amazon.com before Christmas (£39.48 including shipping & import tax). You plug a bluetooth dongle into the USB port at the back of the Tivo. It has infra-red, as well, so you can program it to switch your tv on and off at the same time as your Tivo box. Although on mine, they don't always sync together. No My Shows button - you press the Tivo button twice, instead. The coloured buttons are different but the functions are in the same place, so red button services are on the first button from the left, in this case the yellow button. Yellow functions are on the red button. Green and blue are reversed, too, but the functions are also in the same positions. Keypad works in the new You Tube app but not in the old one. Also, symbols don't seem to be recognised but that may be due to lack of support in the app. The remote is backlit and overall I'm very pleased with it - a definite improvement on the supplied remote.
Was thinking about looking when next in the states but I dont think I will given the use this instead of that . I use the remote with out looking at it for the most part. Life it to short to "train myself" to do all that as well

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
O lord what will I do then. All kidding aside. Full red button & reminders are all I was ever looking for on the Tivo. As I said many times before things there I have no use for, but all in all it that will make as good as I think it can get. There I have said it.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 21:10   #55
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
It's annoying that when I set a series link for a programme it doesn't record it if it changes channel. Happened today with the prem league darts it moved from sky sports 1 hd to sky sports hd 2 so it didn't record. Its done it before.
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 21:23   #56
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
It's annoying that when I set a series link for a programme it doesn't record it if it changes channel. Happened today with the prem league darts it moved from sky sports 1 hd to sky sports hd 2 so it didn't record. Its done it before.
No PVR can do that AFAIK as series links are channel specific.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 21:23   #57
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
Set up a wish list instead.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 21:24   #58
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Set up a wish list instead.
Good idea
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 21:31   #59
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
True. I had the same problem on my V+ when Sky Sports had the rights for The Ultimate Fighter as they kept moving it round so I missed half the episodes.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 21:36   #60
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Tivo could if they added the wishlist capability (so the S/W code is already in place) to search any channel to a series link or individual recording. It would actually be an extremely useful feature which Tivo has all the components to deliver. Thye just need to enhance what they already have in place.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote