Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 28-01-2012, 20:26   #751
Jameseh

Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
It has Adult Swim programmes!
WOW!

Advertisement
Old 29-01-2012, 18:14   #752
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
Nat geo app launched on apps and games.
Just tried it , quite a well laid out app and video quality seems pretty good.
Old 29-01-2012, 18:18   #753
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Just tried it , quite a well laid out app and video quality seems pretty good.
l thought you only had a Sky box MM.
Old 29-01-2012, 18:32   #754
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l thought you only had a Sky box MM.
I do Den , however my parents have TIVO if you want further clarification I'm telling you the truth when opening the app the first show is the Dog Whisperer with others like Megafactories and Air Crash Investigation with a bar along the bottom with Home , Shows , Clips , Gallery
Old 29-01-2012, 18:33   #755
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I do Den , however my parents have TIVO if you want further clarification I'm telling you the truth when opening the app the first show is the Dog Whisperer with others like Megafactories and Air Crash Investigation
l need no clarification from such a revered trusted CF member.
Old 29-01-2012, 19:35   #756
undertakereddie
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB Including 2 Mini-boxes SKY as Pay As You Talk Sky Unlimited Broadband Fibre Max
undertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant futureundertakereddie has a brilliant future

I'm Looking Forward To Getting My New Tivo Box Installed This Week I Hope Virgin Media Bring More Channels To There Service. I Would Like To Know What Its Like as well Is It popular Than Sky+?.
Old 29-01-2012, 20:09   #757
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakereddie View Post
I'm Looking Forward To Getting My New Tivo Box Installed This Week I Hope Virgin Media Bring More Channels To There Service. I Would Like To Know What Its Like as well Is It popular Than Sky+?.
Its very good piece of kit i have had mine now for about 3 weeks and the box does everything i thought it would after reading extensive reports on here,if you take sky sports red buttn is not on there yet,and it does not do reminders (coming i hope.)

But it has a longer EPG and so far the express series links i have set have not missed one recording, i found with mine the picture takes about a week to settle down and before it does picture quality does fluctuate,but once it has the picture quality is as good if not better then the V+ i have kept as a 2nd box.

The EPG also goes backwards after being populated so if you miss a programme it can set up a recording if its showing again ,i have used this feature once.

All in all i am well pleased so far with it got quite a few shows in my library and the box is not even half full.

Old 30-01-2012, 11:11   #758
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I will never understand why companies bring out equipment and half of it doesn't work.

I have Sky and VM, and l get really annoyed when VM come out with this rubbish saying about the Tivo box being top of the range, when most of the items that is on Sky boxes doesn't work.

VM give out all these promises, and there are plans on bringing out another Tivo box, which will be better than the first. How can it be when most of the stuff on the first Tivo box doesn't work properly.
And it takes so long to bring out new channels VM should be fighting Sky to bring out channels to give customers valuie for money.
Old 30-01-2012, 11:23   #759
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Nice to know that you are in your usual moaning mood this morning Arthur but my Tivo and many many others boxes work perfectly fine
Old 30-01-2012, 11:25   #760
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I will never understand why companies bring out equipment and half of it doesn't work.

I have Sky and VM, and l get really annoyed when VM come out with this rubbish saying about the Tivo box being top of the range, when most of the items that is on Sky boxes doesn't work.

VM give out all these promises, and there are plans on bringing out another Tivo box, which will be better than the first. How can it be when most of the stuff on the first Tivo box doesn't work properly.
And it takes so long to bring out new channels VM should be fighting Sky to bring out channels to give customers valuie for money.
Am I stating the obvious but to me if more than half of "the stuff" on the new Tivo box does work then it will be better than the first. With regard to "fighting Sky" if they don't want to sell VM can do nothing about it.

Just a thought - if you don't like VM so much why, oh why, don't you just get rid of it.
Old 30-01-2012, 11:25   #761
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Arthur, what is it thatyou think doesn't work on TiVo? You constantly moan about stuff but in that post you don't actually state what doesn't work. I've had TiVo for about 16 months now and I have no issues or problems with the way it works. How can most things not work??
Old 30-01-2012, 11:54   #762
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Just to point out several things re Tivo.

From members comments on here, not my comments, but fellow comments, they have stated that the Red Button doesn't work, this is what l saying, Why bring out a new box if the red button doesn't work.

And the point l have been saying all along, l am happy with what l have, VM is cheaper than Sky and has free ESPN, Its phone service is very good, the only thing that spoils it, is that the network is not challenging Sky in the channels market.

Its not a whinge but a fact that customers do not like Tivo for the reason that l have mention, and why bring out a better box, until the they fixed problems on the first one.

Its like buying a Rolls Royce without the engine
Old 30-01-2012, 11:59   #763
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Any news on Alibi HD?
Old 30-01-2012, 12:01   #764
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
From members comments on here, not my comments, but fellow comments, they have stated that the Red Button doesn't work, this is what l saying, Why bring out a new box if the red button doesn't work.
Red Button does work, it's just that neither the BBC or Sky have written apps for it yet, but both are currently doing so

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Any news on Alibi HD?
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1553265
Old 30-01-2012, 12:10   #765
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Red Button does work, it's just that neither the BBC or Sky have written apps for it yet, but both are currently doing so[COLOR="Silver"]
More of a case Tivo have never had a red button so are having to develop one. From a customer prepsective there has always been 2 red button services available, namely (a) multiple screen options for sports like Wimbledon where last year Tivo users had nothing but on Freeview you could watch different matches via red button, (b) information services such as BBC news text bot national and regional, i.e. just check Freeview again.

This is why Tivo customers feel Tivo was actually a step backwards in this area and VM/Tivo should have developed up front for launch as a minimum capability just to keep the service the same as current products.

I know that it appears VM are working with Tivo on a more interactive red button/multi-channel service (especially for the Olympics), but there is plenty of frustration with Tivo users on having to wait for this.

We know the update before Christmas was to enable such services so the red button could be introduced at any time, but VM needs to catch up stillin key areas and the red button service is one of those (also concerned about iPAD app which seems to have slipped into "some time" in 2012).
Closed Thread