Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 00:18   #16
Jameseh

Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
24th. BSkyB may close Sky Livingit +1 on Virgin Channel 160 today. is sky closing this on there paltform aswell ?
Yes.

Advertisement
Old 03-01-2012, 11:13   #17
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Has anyone heard anything about the potential launch dates for Film GB, Sofa Stars and Sofa Screen?

http://www.electric-sofa.com/filmgb.htm

These channels were supposed to launch before the end of 2011. The site owners, in the forum section of their site, have suggested they do have a launch date but can't confirm it as of yet.

There is some speculation, and it's only speculation, that the channels will launch by the end of February, with an official announcement at the end of this month. Further speculation suggests the channels will launch on SKY and Freesat. No mention of Virgin
Yes I have haerd about them, I really think that that VM should get these channels as soon as possible!
Old 03-01-2012, 13:08   #18
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Sports confirmed launch date for Sky Sports F1 HD.

Sky Sports F1 will launch on March 18th.

Still no news on if this channel will also launch on that date on Virgin Media.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 03-01-2012, 13:17   #19
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

l would be hopeful that news regarding a carriage agreement for this channel on Virgin Media will be forthcoming in the next few weeks MB as l think it would be unwise to leave it until the last moment.
Old 03-01-2012, 13:22   #20
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

I hope we get both Sky Sports F1 and Sky Sports F1 HD by then!

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l would be hopeful that news regarding a carriage agreement for this channel on Virgin Media will be forthcoming in the next few weeks MB as l think it would be unwise to leave it until the last moment.
I fell that VM will leave it at the last minute before desiding, Remember Channel 5 HD?
Old 03-01-2012, 13:23   #21
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yes let's hope we don't see the dreaded words Sky the only place to watch all F1 races live in High Definition, I'm still confident a deal will get done.
Old 03-01-2012, 13:40   #22
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Yes let's hope we don't see the dreaded words Sky the only place to watch all F1 races live in High Definition, I'm still confident a deal will get done.
Yes l am confident of a deal being done but then we have the vexed question of what package it is going to be on but one would suspect it will be on the SKY HD premium package.
Old 03-01-2012, 14:41   #23
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I agree however, as per usual, SKY are in the driving seat. For all we know SKY and Virgin might already have an agreement, but Virgin aren't allowed to confirm or market the deal until 1 week from launch. This way Virgin customers who are F1 fans will think, for the next 9 weeks, the only way to get the channel is by joining SKY. I wouldn't expect it any other way from SKY as it makes perfect business sense..... well to me it does anyway.
Old 03-01-2012, 15:26   #24
denphone
Still alive and fighting

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...ogramming.html

Quote:
ESPN has announced plans to introduce a revamped Sunday schedule this month, featuring live coverage of multiple sports.

The Disney-owned sports broadcaster will air nearly nine hours of live studio and sports programming every Sunday, starting on January 15.

All programmes will lead into and out of live UK and European Football, rugby and other sports (depending on the schedule), starting at 1.45pm and ending at 10.30pm.

The Sunday rundown will include pre and post match coverage of Budesliga and Serie A football, including the forthcoming Milan derby, as well as ESPN's existing studio presentation coverage of the English Premier League, FA Cup, SPL and Aviva Premiership Rugby.

It will also feature a revamped version of ESPN's weekly studio talkshow Talk of the Terraces, which moves from Monday night.

"Weekends are at the heart of the weekly sports agenda, and are often when ESPN features more live sport and reaches the biggest number of UK fans," said Jeroen Oerlemans, vice president and channel manager, ESPN - Europe, Middle East and Africa.

"This new schedule allows us to bring viewers a great blend of quality live sport, studio discussion and analysis from an outstanding roster of presenters, pundits and guests throughout the afternoon and evening each Sunday."

Meanwhile, ESPN is also launching a new weekly sports comedy show, titled Off the Ball, on January 12.

Hosted by Will Buckley, the 30-minute show will feature regular panellists offering their "wit and wisdom" on the latest goings-on in the English Premier League.
Old 03-01-2012, 15:47   #25
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

To be honest Den I'm not that impressed with ESPN in its current form if it wasn't for ESPNA HD I would drop my sub straight away.
Old 03-01-2012, 16:00   #26
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
To be honest Den I'm not that impressed with ESPN in its current form if it wasn't for ESPNA HD I would drop my sub straight away.
When ESPN first entered the UK market there was a hope that they could take on the behemeth of SKY but it seems they are content to play second fiddle to SKY as most of the sports rights they have picked up are basically scraps off the table while SKY has outbid them on every major sports right battle so far.
Old 03-01-2012, 16:07   #27
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
ESPN is not too bad for a saturday night football match to miss all the crud on the other channels ie the reality tosh dancing/singing shows (and i am not really a football fan!).And i have watched snippets of american sport on it to see if i could like it,but as for lots more content well sky sports have most of the best content sewn up ESPN are content to play second fiddle,though i think they may well get one more package of premiership football when the time comes.

Would i pay around £10 to sub no,but as an add on to TVXL i think it works well.

Old 03-01-2012, 16:09   #28
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post

Would i pay around £10 to sub no,but as an add on to TVXL i think it works well.
Agreed but what happens when the goalposts change.
Old 03-01-2012, 16:16   #29
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Agreed but what happens when the goalposts change.
Why are they changing them to make the matches easier or harder
Old 03-01-2012, 16:20   #30
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Why are they changing them to make the matches easier or harder
Its just a saying Devil but your mischievous mind is at it again.