Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 19-02-2012, 16:06   #1501
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I have just been told that ''VM are going to be changing some of the bundles'' by one of my insiders

No other was given.[COLOR="Silver"]
hopefully VIP50 and VIP100 will still be the top packages, if not will they change them to make them top packages still
Advertisement
Old 19-02-2012, 16:20   #1502
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
hopefully VIP50 and VIP100 will still be the top packages, if not will they change them to make them top packages still
Do you mean VIP120 after all the BB upgrades have gone through
Old 19-02-2012, 16:24   #1503
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Do you mean VIP120 after all the BB upgrades have gone through
ya that
Old 19-02-2012, 17:00   #1504
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

[QUOTE=Media Boy;35384504]I have just been told that ''VM are going to be changing some of the bundles'' by one of my insiders

No other was given.[COLOR="Silver"]

About time I have said before they need to change them I wonder what they do.
Old 19-02-2012, 17:33   #1505
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

XXL perhaps?
Old 19-02-2012, 17:36   #1506
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
XXL perhaps?
l think it will be more like a VIP120 perhaps.
Old 19-02-2012, 17:44   #1507
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1234 View Post
so Sky Sports F1 is going to be in sd and not hd
Correct we only get it in sd despite channel name sky sports f1hd

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
I think virgin need to start thinking of what customers want and give it to us. Many top hd channels there is no discussions, give us new channels and more apps. Like we recently got CBS action when customers was asking for CBS drama, we ask for universal hd crime investigation hd, disney hd and itv hd non are sky exclusives and still don't have them. They get a offer to carry premier sports on xl virgin declined. I can understand sky sports 3 and 4 hd as sky don't back down. Remember virgin have no leverage now which causes problems like we get F1 only in sd, if we get atlantic only in sd. The rest are no excuse come on virgin up your game
The problem with that is that VM isn't really trying to sell its tv as a comprehensive and all channels included package. It is not equivalent to any other tv sub available.

XL is, or at least this is my impression, a package that includes a bit of everything in the price. It has all the major pay channels plus HD in the sub itself and includes comedy, drama, sports, documentaries and on demand in HD in the sub.

I really think the problem here are the customers. They have bought the wrong package as it sounds more like some customers wanted Sky and went ahead and bought VM.
I disagree mate because with exclusions on sky hd channel all major hd channels should be available especially if they plan 80 by end of next year

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I think the fact that Virgin have just announced increased subscribers and a profit suggests that actually Virgin are giving it's customers what they want. Lexdiamond is right, Andrew, what you actually want is Sky.
No I enjoy being with virgin media just sick of everytime a channel launches we got to wonder are we getting the channel and remember the cable company in Ireland got 7 hd channels we don't have

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
yes sure would be boring if all had same taste plus cant see sky letting VM have it as it being more awkward with channels again and as proved with F1 only get sd now if anything
I think it's a bit harsh to say that Sky are being awkward with channels. They, not Virgin, bought the rights to F1 and have at least the right to profit from that by keeping the hd variant as an exclusive to themselves to drive new subs. Hd is one of Sky's few plus points, after all-no sense in losing your best selling point by giving it to your competitor. At one point I had a fear we wouldn't see this channel on Virgin at all. Keeping all versions of Sky Atlantic exclusive was maybe a little petulant, but I think we're reaching the end of that particular issue.
Not really because virgin make nothing from sky movies and sports so we are
Giving full subscription to sky, so of sky make every penny, why do we deserve less, they are a content provider and should put all channels to tender with independent commission to oversee channel bid, not sky say no so it no

Old 19-02-2012, 19:35   #1508
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Anyone heard if MTV HD is coming to VM?
Old 19-02-2012, 19:36   #1509
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
The answer to that one at the moment is no.
Old 19-02-2012, 20:50   #1510
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The answer to that one at the moment is no.
Cheers for info!

The gap is growing ever wider! Really begining to think about sky for my TV.
Old 19-02-2012, 20:52   #1511
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Cheers for info!

The gap is growing ever wider! Really begining to think about sky for my TV.
Well all l can say is the grass is not always greener on the other side jobbie.
Old 19-02-2012, 21:05   #1512
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Is that separate from MTV NHD

Old 19-02-2012, 21:08   #1513
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
Quote:
Is that separate from MTV NHD
Yeah, Sky have 2 MTV HD channels.
Old 19-02-2012, 21:25   #1514
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Yes MTV HD and MTVN HD the latter will become MTV Live HD with an SD version also launching on satellite.
Old 19-02-2012, 21:49   #1515
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

MTV is the non-music channel - just teen style programming.

MTV HD has just launched on Sky - but is only 4-5 hours a day of HD material.

MTVN HD is the HD only channel available on Sky and VM - and (as said) is turning into lots of Live stuff - as there isn't much else music in HD.
Closed Thread