Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 01-10-2011, 12:42   #46
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I like to watch boxing, and wrestling etc, but there is no gurrantee that it will come to VM.
All you will get is 'faked' American crap, but when l was a kid, you would get British wrestling at its best, so we could get a channel for that.

BUT, if VM are expecting Box Nation to come soon, they will have a long time waiting for it.
Go to this page
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35307735-post25.html
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2011, 12:45   #47
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well we shall see.
Old 01-10-2011, 13:22   #48
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

All members know that IT might be on that date, but you know VM, a tech fault may come up and you won't see it, come on this is VM we are talking about here, not Sky.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 17:05   #49
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
A real great show by both fighters. They gave it all. A real contender for British fight of the year.

A super opening night by Box Nation, enjoyed by virtually zero Virgin customers It's a shame and disgrace that 4 million Virgin TV customers didn't get the chance to see this.
It's the same for VM MMA fans whose only option was to watch online

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/g...#disqus_thread
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 17:22   #50
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It's the same for VM MMA fans whose only option was to watch online

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/g...#disqus_thread
Yeah I feel sorry for the MMA fans too. It's a real shame when you've got to seriously consider online streams or illegal measures to watch the sport you love because even though you pay full wack to your cable provider, they still can't provide you with the content you'd like to see.

I'm currently downloading a DVD of last nights Box Nation event from Germany. 7.5Gb dual layer DVD!

It's times like these that I feel piracy is justified. Premier Sports, Box Nation and Virgin Media one way or another are to blame. It's shocking.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 19:42   #51
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I e-mailed Box Nation regarding the channel launching and received the following reply from the Box Nation sales team:

"Many thanks for your interest in BoxNation on your Virgin Box. We are working very hard to arrange this for you, please keep up to date with all the latest info and follow us on twitter @boxnationtv or visit www.boxnation.tv."
Old 02-10-2011, 21:40   #52
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I e-mailed Box Nation regarding the channel launching and received the following reply from the Box Nation sales team:

"Many thanks for your interest in BoxNation on your Virgin Box. We are working very hard to arrange this for you, please keep up to date with all the latest info and follow us on twitter @boxnationtv or visit www.boxnation.tv."
Not committing though are they.
Old 02-10-2011, 22:01   #53
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not committing though are they.
Nope. Nathan Cleverly Vs. Tony Bellew plus Bernard Hopkins Vs. Chad Dawson are live on Box Nation on 15th October 2011.

If I've not heard anything concrete about the channel coming to Virgin by the 09th October then I'm off to SKY. SKY assured me install will only take 4 or 5 days so I'll call them on the 09th, pay my £10.00 and hey presto Box Nation.

Seeing Premier Sports which launched 16 months ago never appeared on Virgin, I've got fears about Box Nation and other future channel launches. Whilst catch-up TV and broadband from Virgin are great I've finally realised I've been accepting second best on the TV front now for sometime.

I've been incredibly loyal and always trusted Virgin to come good in the end however their deals to secure new linear channels always crawl on at a turtles pace whilst 99% of the time the channels are on SKY from launch. I really shouldn't moan at Virgin. As a customer I have a choice of provider. I'm just disappointed in myself for giving Virgin the benefit of the doubt for so long.

I took a new 12 month contract when I upgraded to SKY Sports and SKY Movies HD last August. I think it's absolutely incredible that since Virgin first announced on the 04th June 2010 that SKY Anytime would be coming to Virgin it still hasn't launched. It might be on the horizon but that's 16 months. I've both entered into a new contact, and it has expired during this period!
Old 02-10-2011, 22:08   #54
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Nope. Nathan Cleverly Vs. Tony Bellew plus Bernard Hopkins Vs. Chad Dawson are live on Box Nation on 15th October 2011.

If I've not heard anything concrete about the channel coming to Virgin by the 09th October then I'm off to SKY. SKY assured me install will only take 4 or 5 days so I'll call them on the 09th, pay my £10.00 and hey presto Box Nation.

Seeing Premier Sports which launched 16 months ago never appeared on Virgin, I've got fears about Box Nation and other future channel launches. Whilst catch-up TV and broadband from Virgin are great I've finally realised I've been accepting second best on the TV front now for sometime.

I've been incredibly loyal and always trusted Virgin to come good in the end however their deals to secure new linear channels always crawl on at a turtles pace whilst 99% of the time the channels are on SKY from launch. I really shouldn't moan at Virgin. As a customer I have a choice of provider. I'm just disappointed in myself for giving Virgin the benefit of the doubt for so long.

I took a new 12 month contract when I upgraded to SKY Sports and SKY Movies HD last August. I think it's absolutely incredible that since Virgin first announced on the 04th June 2010 that SKY Anytime would be coming to Virgin it still hasn't launched. It might be on the horizon but that's 16 months. I've both entered into a new contact, and it has expired during this period!
Adding Sky Sports shouldn't recontract you, unless you changed to another package or "deal".
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 22:11   #55
Chad
cf.mega poster

EDIT:

After posting the above rant I've just been on Twitter. Box Nation have made the following tweet:

"news on Virgin coming soon"

Of course this could mean a deal couldn't be done, or the channel won't launch until it becomes a subscription channel.

I'm getting a little tired of all the vague news from both parties.
Old 02-10-2011, 22:13   #56
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
EDIT:

After posting the above rant I've just been on Twitter. Box Nation have made the following tweet:

"news on Virgin coming soon"

Of course this could mean a deal couldn't be done, or the channel won't launch until it becomes a subscription channel.

I'm getting a little tired of all the vague news from both parties.
Could the sporting highlights on virgin media website be right after all ?
I think the reason premier sports is not on Virgin Media because they are trying to get in the XL pack
Old 02-10-2011, 22:13   #57
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Adding Sky Sports shouldn't recontract you, unless you changed to another package or "deal".
Well technically what happened was I went from VIP20 to VIP50 because I wanted access to SKY Movies and SKY Sports in HD. I seem to remember it worked out cheaper for me to get VIP50 rather than VIP20 plus £7.00 premium HD charge.
Old 02-10-2011, 22:18   #58
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
I think the reason premier sports is not on Virgin Media because they are trying to get in the XL pack
Well thats just speculation.
Old 02-10-2011, 22:20   #59
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
I really hope so. It would be difficult for Virgin to explain why they have "Boxing – Bernard Hopkins v Chad Dawson: 15 October (BoxNation)" listed as one of their Sports TV highlights in October if they didn't intend carrying the channel.

How long does it take Virgin to launch a channel? Can they launch it with 7 days notice, 10 days notice, 14 days notice etc...? How realistic is it to expect the channel to launch in 13 days if a deal hasn't yet been finalised?
Old 02-10-2011, 22:22   #60
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Well FIVE HD launched before a press release