Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moving House Twice Within A Year

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Very Poor Service

Old 25-06-2011, 10:06   #1
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute
Very Poor Service

I feel let down badly by VM

I recomended it to a mate, who only had the basic broadband and he agreed to up his broadband and give the TV a try, with a view to upgrading further if it all went well...........Now he wants to throw the whole thing out.

I attach a copy of the automated replys from Virgin
Virgin Media Installation Complaint
===================================
I originally sent this complaint via your website on 13th June.
Your Customer Services Complaint Ref 35481978 (KMM68642534I15977L0KM)
& also on the 17th June.
Your Customer Services Complaint Ref 35640289 (KMM68969898I15977L0KM)
& also on the 22nd June
Your Customer Services Complaint Ref 35784747 (KMM69277464I15977L0KM)
So this is another repeat message as nobody, apart from the automatic email, has contacted me & no, the problem hasn’t gone away.

I decided to upgrade my Broadband from L to XXL and to also add the 'TV L: 100 Channels' cable TV package.

Installation was arranged for Wednesday 1st June between 8am & 1pm.

Your installation engineer arrived at 12:15 obviously stressed & behind schedule.

He couldn't have been more unhelpful if he tried.
He rushed both the jobs & didn't stop looking at his watch.

Once he had configured the broadband he didn't test the internet connection or the email & I had to register the new modem/router which failed because it said that it had been already installed. I’ve since read the router instruction leaflet to get accustomed with it.

The new V+ HD box was installed and a very quick demonstration was given.
Bearing in mind that we have never had a virgin media cable box set up before I thought this was inadequate.

The big problem is that now our DVD player does not work.
Our TV has only one HDMI socket which is now occupied by the V+ box.
The engineer suggested that I bought an HDMI splitter.

I would have thought that after installation all that we had working before would still be available. I am sure that the ‘one’ HDMI socket problem has been encountered before & that a solution has been available.

We watch a lot of movies on DVD & to keep swapping cables at the back of our television just isn't acceptable.

I believe that there is a 28 day cancellation period after installation which I will take up if a solution isn't available at no extra cost.

However…

On the 6th June I phoned Virgin Media & after the usual very long delay I spoke to a customer support lady & threatened to cancel the contract. After I relayed all of the above she agreed that it was inadequate & arranged for another engineer to visit us on Thursday 9th June between 1pm & 6pm.

In the mean time I had bought an HDMI splitter & cable connector.

I had arranged to work at home on Thursday afternoon as I work on Salisbury Plain 50 miles from home. I leave for work at 7am every morning. The engineer phoned at 7:20am & my Wife took the call when he confirmed the appointment for 1pm-6pm that afternoon. My Wife then left home for the day for a previously arranged appointment. The engineer phoned me on my mobile at 10:25 asking if he could come to our house earlier as he was in the Thatcham area. I explained that my wife had gone out for the day & that I couldn’t be home until 1pm. He then informed me that he would leave our visit until last which would be about 6pm and although I wasn’t too pleased with this option I agreed.

The engineer eventually arrived at our home at 20:40, he was tired & stressed, not surprisingly. He attached the splitter but this option did not work. He said that perhaps a scart lead option would be OK but he didn’t have a spare in his van. He left us at 21:05 still without a working DVD & suggested that I contact customer services again.

This is that contact.

I look forward to your comments.
dazed&confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-06-2011, 13:49   #2
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: Very Poor Service

Wrong forum mate.

Try here
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 17:00   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Comments, ok, it's not virgins fault your mates tv is inadequate with only having 1 hdmi socket, fit either the box or DVD with a scart lead
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 21:13   #4
Jonnymeg
Inactive

Jonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Comments, ok, it's not virgins fault your mates tv is inadequate with only having 1 hdmi socket, fit either the box or DVD with a scart lead
Agreed...get a new tv that can cope with modern demands.
Jonnymeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 11:36   #5
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with your points, personally I would route it all through an AV amp.

However what annoys him is THREE automated replies.
How hard would it be to pick up the phone and explain it to him?
dazed&confused is offline   Reply With Quote