Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WTF is up with my connection?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

WTF is up with my connection?

Old 23-02-2012, 22:23   #1
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold
Angry WTF is up with my connection?

My connection has gone to total crap!
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2012, 22:59   #2
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: WTF is up with my connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
ok i know virign have some bad area but if that is due to a over ulisation issue that is taking the ****
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 23:11   #3
Risco
Inactive

Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Aiii, totally rediculous. Typical as I have been away from home for nearly 3 months due to a serious motorbike accident and come back to this crap! Connection was perfect before I was away.

I spoke to offshore and they have booked an engineer for Saturday. He seems to think the modem has had it, could that be the case as my signal levels seem ok?
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (191.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: png Untitled2.png (242.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 23-02-2012, 23:22   #4
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Did you post from the connection? In other words is the connection off? Because the modem stats, if taken whilst TBB was showing red, are good.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 23:26   #5
Risco
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Did you post from the connection? In other words is the connection off? Because the modem stats, if taken whilst TBB was showing red, are good.
Yeah I am and was posting from the connection. I was also getting 8mbps download speed while it was going crazy. It has sorta recovered a bit, however I am barely breaking 30mbps on a speedtest. Downloading from Ubuntu gives me between 3 and 4 MB/sec as I post now?

Sepiroth, any suggestions as to what is going wrong?
Old 23-02-2012, 23:31   #6
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

It's possible that your IP address has changed. You prolly had the modem/hub off or VM reset it after some area outage/works.

I'd go back into TBB, set up another graph (it'll get your current IP address) and see what happens.

Old 23-02-2012, 23:37   #7
Risco
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
It's possible that your IP address has changed. You prolly had the modem/hub off or VM reset it after some area outage/works.

I'd go back into TBB, set up another graph (it'll get your current IP address) and see what happens.
Just tried and it says I am already monitoring this address ( same IP ) Should I still set up another one? Oh and is it possible some greedy SOB new customer is hogging all the bandwidth?
Old 24-02-2012, 00:37   #8
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

is your modem connected to a router? have you checked over whether ping response is allowed.

try get rid of your old monitor on TBB and set up a new 1 from scratch
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 00:56   #9
Risco
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
is your modem connected to a router? have you checked over whether ping response is allowed.

try get rid of your old monitor on TBB and set up a new 1 from scratch
Yeah, I was looking at the FAQ and noticed I did not have respond to internet ping enabled on my router. So I have deleted the monitor and set up a brand new one.

New live graph ( assume this will update on the fly? )

Old 24-02-2012, 00:59   #10
DABhand
Inactive

DABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of lightDABhand is a glorious beacon of light

If all else fails.....

Hit it with THE stick.
DABhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 01:19   #11
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

good stuff. yeah its your live graph

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABhand View Post
If all else fails.....

Hit it with THE stick.
lol
Old 24-02-2012, 01:45   #12
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Looks pretty similar to mine at the moment, online gaming impossible. FIFA is a delay fest, so frustrating.

I saw someone say that it could be someone hogging bandwidth so ive just cracked off 20GB in the last hour in the hopes that ive ****ed somebody off.
boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 01:57   #13
thenry
Inactive

that doesnt look at bad as some of the others.. mine included. have you posted your results mate?

Old 24-02-2012, 02:56   #14
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Mine is unusually bad tonight, pages not loading properly
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 11:08   #15
Sephiroth
Simples

Risco's graph is a perfectly good gaming graph IMO. True it's not peak time. But if Boroboi's graph is like that at peak time, his gaming is more likely suffering from congestion at the peering point between VM and the internet routed towards the game server.