Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Services Chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky Services Chat

Old 22-01-2012, 12:46   #1
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Sky Services Chat

A place to discuss Sky services eg Sky Apps , Sky BB , Sky Talk etc.

Just checked my bill online and under the Sky BB section I've noticed it says Wifi Coming 2012 , I'm thinking this relates to the Sky Anywhere product and Sky's purchase of The Cloud.
http://wifi.sky.com/
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-01-2012, 13:39   #2
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Sky Services Chat

Is the Showcase section on the iPad Sky+ app broken today for anyone else? The formatting isnt correct towards the end of the slide and a couple of things dont have titles today?
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 13:53   #3
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Is the Showcase section on the iPad Sky+ app broken today for anyone else? The formatting isnt correct towards the end of the slide and a couple of things dont have titles today?
Looks to be , on the Man City picture and the elephant.
Old 22-01-2012, 14:10   #4
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Yeah, that's the one. The first time I've ever seen something like that. These apps are usually hugely polished.

With the Sky wifi cloud you linked to, is that similar to what VM are planning for London or just shops with a wireless router in?
Old 22-01-2012, 14:19   #5
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yeah, that's the one. The first time I've ever seen something like that. These apps are usually hugely polished.

With the Sky wifi cloud you linked to, is that similar to what VM are planning for London or just shops with a wireless router in?
BSKYB now own The Cloud who provide Wifi in places like McDonalds , pubs , coffee shops etc , when it's fully launched Sky BB subscribers will be able to use these wifi hotspots with unlimited use by signing in with their Sky id and I'm sure I saw it mentioned eventually be able to stream Sky Go on their decices in these locations.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4...to-sky-go.html
Old 22-01-2012, 14:31   #6
Doz007
cf.geek

Great stuff, thanks for the link. I didn't realise that there's a 2 device limit for Sky Go, that's surprisingly restrictive. I can think of 5 devices that I'd like to use the service on, have you heard anything abou them increasing that limit?
Old 22-01-2012, 14:36   #7
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Great stuff, thanks for the link. I didn't realise that there's a 2 device limit for Sky Go, that's surprisingly restrictive. I can think of 5 devices that I'd like to use the service on, have you heard anything abou them increasing that limit?
I agree with you it is , the problem is too many devices would probably result in people giving friends their Sky id allowing them to watch movies and sport without subscribing. I use Sky Go on my iPad and iPhone 4S , you can change devices month to month but can only have two registered at once.
Old 23-01-2012, 20:03   #8
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Sky Zeebox App

Just found the article below about Sky's tie up with Zeebox it would appear if you read the comments from Simon Miller that after the web and iOS versions Android and other versions are next so at least it shouldn't just be restricted to iPhone users , if you read Zeebox's about us it would appear Simon Miller is the Chief of Product & Content Development for Zeebox.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/homecinema/s...hone-50006589/
http://zeebox.com/about-us

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

Quote:
The showcase on the Sky+ iPad app seems to be back to normal today
Old 23-01-2012, 21:28   #9
Doz007
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky Zeebox App

Just found the article below about Sky's tie up with Zeebox it would appear if you read the comments from Simon Miller that after the web and iOS versions Android and other versions are next so at least it shouldn't just be restricted to iPhone users , if you read Zeebox's about us it would appear Simon Miller is the Chief of Product & Content Development for Zeebox.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/homecinema/s...hone-50006589/
http://zeebox.com/about-us

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

The showcase on the Sky+ iPad app seems to be back to normal today
Yeah, I think it was definately a one off. I've been using the app for around a year and thats the first time I've ever seen it.

I'm really looking forward to Sky integrating the Zeebox software into thier apps. Alongside them enabling direct planner access and remote control functionallity this will take the Sky+ experience to a whole new level.

Let's just hope Sky don't take as long releasing it as VM have with the TiVo iOS app.
Old 23-01-2012, 21:48   #10
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yeah, I think it was definately a one off. I've been using the app for around a year and thats the first time I've ever seen it.

I'm really looking forward to Sky integrating the Zeebox software into thier apps. Alongside them enabling direct planner access and remote control functionallity this will take the Sky+ experience to a whole new level.

Let's just hope Sky don't take as long releasing it as VM have with the TiVo iOS app.
If you click the first result in my link and read the Q&A it says the following
We’ll be doing extensive research over the next six to 12 months to understand which areas our customers are enjoying and which they are not, so we can keep improving the product.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Q%26A:+Emma+Llo...products,+Sky+

It sounds like it could be released sooner rather than later but again it's just speculation.
Old 23-01-2012, 22:36   #11
Doz007
cf.geek

Quote:
If you click the first result in my link and read the Q&A it says the following
We’ll be doing extensive research over the next six to 12 months to understand which areas our customers are enjoying and which they are not, so we can keep improving the product.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Q%26A:+Emma+Llo...products,+Sky+

It sounds like it could be released sooner rather than later but again it's just speculation.
You're like an endless wealth of Sky related links and knowledge!

Sounds really promising, Sky are really leading the UK market in this field and I hop they continue to innovate, pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

I was watching take me out yesterday with the mrs' and she kept pointing out dresses and shoes that she really liked. Zeebox could potentially highlight the clothes being worn, allowing us to get a little more info and even purchase them!
Old 23-01-2012, 22:43   #12
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
You're like an endless wealth of Sky related links and knowledge!

Sounds really promising, Sky are really leading the UK market in this field and I hop they continue to innovate, pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

I was watching take me out yesterday with the mrs' and she kept pointing out dresses and shoes that she really liked. Zeebox could potentially highlight the clothes being worn, allowing us to get a little more info and even purchase them!
LOL could end up costing you a fortune the zeebox app claims to work currently with TIVO although it does say you need to enable Network remote on the box so not sure whether this update will have killed that function.
Old 23-01-2012, 23:03   #13
Doz007
cf.geek

Quote:
LOL could end up costing you a fortune the zeebox app claims to work currently with TIVO although it does say you need to enable Network remote on the box so not sure whether this update will have killed that function.
Wow, thanks for the heads up! I've just had a quick play with it and its certainly slick and impressive.

On the Deep Blue Sea some music starting playing and it zee tagged the OST to buy directly on iTunes.

It even controls the TiVo.
Old 23-01-2012, 23:07   #14
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Wow, thanks for the heads up! I've just had a quick play with it and its certainly slick and impressive.

On the Deep Blue Sea some music starting playing and it zee tagged the OST to buy directly on iTunes.

It even controls the TiVo.
See its not all duff info I give you LOL yes it looks quite good I'm looking forward to seeing how it's integrated with Sky+.
Old 23-01-2012, 23:18   #15
Doz007
cf.geek

Quote:
See its not all duff info I give you LOL yes it looks quite good I'm looking forward to seeing how it's integrated with Sky+.
lol no way mate, you're definitely the man in the know when it comes to Sky news!

I've just made a very quick video giving a little look at the interface and TiVo control etc.

http://youtu.be/tIgDiKpKtVc