Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 11:57   #1
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

This is a continuation of all the 'Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2011)' threads which you can find here:

VOL. I - http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-2011-vol.html
VOL. II - http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-2011-vol.html
VOL. III - http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-2011-vol.html

1. The old thread has been closed, but will remain for information purposes;
2. I will collate all the information from my various sources and post an list update every month, indicating any changed items in bold text;

In addition to that I will be on hand to answer any questions that arise and to provide links to other sources of information as they come up.

Thank you

January list update.

Keep up-to-date on the latest news on upcoming channel launches and other important events across all platforms of Virgin TV network.

NOTE: I do not work for Virgin Media so all the information on this list is subject to change.

Colours on my list are as followed:

Media Boy = New Info just added.
Media Boy = Virgin Media News and links.
Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: = It an Media Boy EXCLUSIVE and you can only see it on this thread.
Media Boy = Other Media news/Things.

=== Coming up on Virgin's Digital TV ===
=== Freeviews on Virgin TV ===
Dec. 7th. Virgin Media customers on the M Package can watch all of these great channels – Alibi, Alibi +1, Good Food, Good Food HD, Good Food +1, Watch, Watch HD, Watch +1, Blighty, Home and Home +1 absolutely free until January 4th.
Dec. 11th. Virgin Media customers on the M Package can watch GOLD and GOLD +1 absolutely free on Virgin Channels 128 and 129 until January 4th.

=== Before April ===
M+ Viewers to get Sky Anytime on their package.
Channel 5 + 1 will launch on Virgin Media someone before April.

=== January ===
3rd. Sky Movies Christmas and Sky Movies Christmas HD to be rebranded as Sky Movies Showcase and Sky Movies Showcase HD on Virgin Channels 403 and 433.
4th. Christmas 24 will be rebranded as Movies 24 on Virgin Channel 419.
4th. Christmas 24 + will be rebranded as Movies 24 + on Virgin Channel 420.
24th. BSkyB to close Sky Living Loves on Virgin Channel 159 today.
24th. BSkyB may close Sky Livingit +1 on Virgin Channel 160 today.

=== February ===
No News...

=== March ===
My insiders has confirmed to me that Virgin Media are in talks with BSkyB with an view to carry both Sky Sports F1 and Sky Sports F1 HD from launch.

=== April ===
No News...

=== May ===
No News...

=== June ===
No News...

=== July ===
19th. BBC Three will broadcast all day long until August 13th on Virgin Media Channel 106.
UKTV says Alibi HD will launch this month - Plus I have been told that Virgin Media will put it on their XL Package.

=== August ===
13th. BBC Three will go back to its 7pm starting time from today on Virgin Media Channel 106.

=== September ===
No News...

=== October ===
24th. The UK and Ireland says goodbye to Analogue TV.

=== November ===
No News...

=== December ===
No News...

=== By 2013 ===
C21 Media web site has reported that Current TV may close on Virgin Channel 155.
The BBC may launch an BBC ONE HD Channel for viewers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland on Virgin Channel 108.
The BBC to axe the BBC Red Button multi-screen on Virgin Media but one stream will carry on broadcasting (Like Freeview).
Also the BBC is to rebrand BBC HD as BBC TWO HD on Virgin Channel 187.

=== By 2015 ===
RTE Radio and WRN Radio will be axe in old Telewest areas or added to all areas of Virgin Media.

=== Unknown dates ===
-Local TV may launch on Virgin TV in some areas.
-The BBC to axe BBC Radio 4 LW on Virgin Channel 911 ''in the long term''.

-Discovery to replace Travel and Living with TLC on Virgin Channel 275.
-Discovery may launch an 3D Channels if audience numbers are high on Virgin on Demand.
-UKTV on Demand may also launch on Virgin on Demand.
-MTVN HD will be rebranded as MTV Live HD on Virgin Channel 310.
-TCM to be rebranded on Virgin Channel 415.
-Channel 4's ''4oD'' will offer HD content.
-Diva TV will be rebranded as Diva Universal on Virgin Channel 164.
-Virgin Media will launch the Sky Sports red button on TiVo.

=== The following channels are rumoured to be launching or in talks with Virgin Media ===
List last updated on December 15th 2011.

The following Channels are said to be testing on Virgin Media right now:
-No channels are testing on Virgin testers boxes right now.

Channel has been confirm as in talks with Virgin Media by my insiders:
-Sky Atlantic
-ITV2 HD
-ITV3 HD
-ITV4 HD

The following Channels are rumoured to be set to launch on Virgin Media soon (but not yet confirm by my Virgin Media insiders):
-Premier Sports (But are said to be in talks with Virgin.)

=== Channels THAT still to appear in all areas ===
List was last updated on December 1st 2010.

NO. Channel Name
917. Radio: RTE Radio
920. Radio: WRN Europe

NOTE: Channels are only broadcasting in Ex-Telewest areas right now.

====== Media Boy Information =====
Media Boy - Keep it real and FREE on Cable Forum.

=== Media Boy Extra info: ===
Media Boy Blog - For all things Virgin TV - http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/
See Virgin Media on ''twitter'' here - http://twitter.com/virginmedia
See latest news about Virgin on Demand via ''twitter'' here - http://twitter.com/vmondemand
See Nialli's blog on Virgin Media High Definition & TiVo Services here - http://vmhd.blogspot.com/
Latest news on Freeview - http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10...ew-2011-a.html

=== Ask Media Boy ===
Last updated November 10th 2011.

Q: WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT VIRGIN MEDIA FROM?
A: I get all my info from Virgin Media viewers and Web Sites (NOTE: When I used web sites I will post an link to that web site).

Q: WHY AM I NOT GETTING ''RTE RADIO'' OR ''WRN RADIO'' FOR?
A: RTE Radio and WRN Radio do not broadcast in Ex-ntl and Ex-Cable & Wireless areas - yet.

Q: NOW THAT BSKYB HAS TOOK OVER VIRGIN MEDIA TELEVISION WILL ANY CHANNELS CLOSE ON VIRGIN TV?
A: Yes Sky has closed Bravo, Channel One and Challenge Jackpot down and is Closing Living Loves (Now know as Sky Living Loves) down in January 2012. But us Virgin Media viewers will see some channels moving about as we have now got Sky1 HD, Sky Arts 1 HD and Sky Arts 2 HD on our network.

Q: WHY DO YOU THINK DISCOVERY WILL AXE TRAVEL & LIVING FOR TLC TO LAUNCH IN THE UK AND IRELAND?
A: Since March 2010 Discovery has replace all the following versions of Discovery Travel & Living with TLC.

In Europe:
-Norway
-Poland
-Balkans (Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia and Bulgaria.)
-Hungary
-The Czech Republic

In Africa:
-South Africa

==== Deals with broadcasters ===
List last updated on December 27th 2011.

When deals with broadcasters run out Virgin Media need to sign new one to keep that Channel on Virgin TV.

Here is an list of channel that Virgin may get when they old deal runs out with that broadcaster:

NOTE: Only Broadcasts who has got some Channels broadcasting on Virgin Media right appeared on this list. To start broadcasting soon = That channel has still to start broadcasting on Sky, Freesat or Freeview.

=== TV and Radio Channels: ===
=== Own by A+E Networks UK (Was AETN UK) ===
Bio HD
Crime & Investigation Network HD
Crime & Investigation Network +1
HISTORY HD
HISTORY +1

=== Own by ABC Television Group ===
Disney Channel HD
Disney Cinemagic HD
Disney Cinemagic +1
Disney Junior +
Disney XD HD

=== Own by ARY Group ===
ARY Qtv
ARY Oneworld
ARY Entertainment
ARY News

=== Own by BSkyB ===
Pick TV +1
Sky 3D
Sky Atlantic
Sky Atlantic HD
Sky News HD
Sky Sports F1 (Soon to start broadcasting.)
Sky Sports F1 HD (Soon to start broadcasting.)
Sky Sports HD3
Sky Sports HD4
Sky Sports News HD

=== Own by CBS International and Chello Zone ===
CBS Drama
CBS Reality +1
Horror Channel +1

=== Own by Channel 4 Television Corporation ===
More 4 +1

=== Own by CSC Media Group ===
Bliss
Chart Show TV
Chart Show TV +1 (Soon to start broadcasting.)
Dance Nation TV
Flava
Kix!
NME TV (To close on January 5th 2012 on all networks.)
POP
Pop Girl
Pop Girl +1
Scuzz
The Vault
Tiny Pop +1
True Movies 2

=== Own by Discovery Networks Europe ===
Animal Planet +1
Discovery 3D (May launch if audience viewing numbers are high via on Demand.)
Discovery Home & Health +1
Discovery Knowledge +1
Discovery Science +1
DMAX +1
DMAX +2
Investigation Discovery
TLC (May replace Discovery Travel and Living.)
Quest +1

=== Own by E Entertainment UK Limited ===
Style (Soon to launch in the UK & Eire)

=== Own by ESPN Inc. (The Walt Disney Company/Hearst Corporation) ===
ESPN America HD

=== Own by GMG Radio ===
Real Radio
Real Radio XS
Smooth Radio 70s

=== Own by ITV Digital Channels Ltd ===
ITV2 HD
ITV3 HD
ITV4 HD

=== Own by NBC Universal Global Networks ===
Universal Channel HD

=== Own by NGC Europe Limited ===
FX +1
Nat Wild HD

=== Own by Northern & Shell ===
Channel 5 +1

=== Own by Sony ===
NOTE: The following channels will become part of the ''ViewAsia'' package if Sony can sign an new deal Virgin Media:
ARY Digital^
B4U Movies^
Colors^
MAX^
SAB
Sahara One
SET Asia^

^ = On Virgin Media right now.

=== Own by Sony Pictures Television ===
Sony Entertainment Television
Sony Entertainment Television +1

=== Own by STAR TV ===
Life OK (Was STAR One)

STAR Gold

=== Own by TIML Radio Limited ===
Absolute 00s
Absolute 60s
Absolute 70s
Absolute 90s

=== Own by Turner Broadcasting System Europe ===
Cartoon Network HD
TCM 2
Imagine...Dil Se

=== Own by Viacom ===
BET
BET +1
Comedy Central Extra +1
MTV CLASSIC
MTV MUSIC
MTV +1
Nickelodeon HD
NickToons Replay

=== Own by Zee Entertainment Enterprises ===
ZEE Cafe
Zing

Next update: In four weeks time - unless:
A) If Virgin are set to launch more than TWO channels (TV or Radio) on Virgin TV.
B) If Virgin are set to move more than TWO channels (TV or Radio) about on Virgin TV.
C) If Virgin are set to close or repackage more then TWO channels (TV or Radio ) on Virgin TV.

©copyright 2012 Media Boy 2006 - 2012. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2012, 12:09   #2
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1.

Thanks MB. Lets hope 2012 gives us a great year for TV
Old 02-01-2012, 12:21   #3
Mikey1981
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP 2 V+HD boxes , XL BB, XL Phone and Mobiles x2
Mikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enoughMikey1981 will become famous soon enough

Fingers crosses for a good year, I got my TiVO installed last month (great so far) and hope skysports red button comes soon.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:34   #4
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Excellent stuff media boy lets hope 2012 is a good one for vm tv.

Looking at your list i hope current tv does not close on vm i have watched some decent documentaries on the channel.

Why is it they are thinking of closing it on vm anyway.?

Old 02-01-2012, 13:07   #5
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

keep up great work MB here hoping for another good year for VM tv
Old 02-01-2012, 15:53   #6
Rivva
Inactive

Services: Virgin: XL TV inc V+ Box - M Phone - L Broadband.
Rivva is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Excellent stuff media boy lets hope 2012 is a good one for vm tv.

Looking at your list i hope current tv does not close on vm i have watched some decent documentaries on the channel.

Why is it they are thinking of closing it on vm anyway.?
Totally agree with you regarding current TV..

Excellent channel.
Old 02-01-2012, 16:02   #7
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivva View Post
Totally agree with you regarding current TV..

Excellent channel.
Yes l have to agree having not watched this channel much to start of with l have seen several programmes since and they were excellent so l hope this channels stays on the Virgin platform.
Old 02-01-2012, 18:04   #8
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Virgin Media Notification of Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2011 Results and Strategy Update

LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED)(LSE:VMED) will be announcing its Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2011 results on Wednesday 8 February, 2012 at 7amUK time, 2am ET.
Plus I wonder what the Strategy update could be about?

Quote:
The company will host a meeting and conference call for analysts and investors to discuss these results and a strategy update on February 8, at 1pmUK time, 8am ET.
Old 02-01-2012, 18:27   #9
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Plus I wonder what the Strategy update could be about?
Sky Go equivalents presumably.

Old 02-01-2012, 20:33   #10
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Dose anyone know if Virgin Media customers in N.Ireland will be getting RTE 1 and/or 2 in HD this year?
Old 02-01-2012, 21:58   #11
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Happy new year mb,here's hoping to a lot coming soon !!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 22:33   #12
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Sky Go equivalents presumably.
The problem here is that VM are reliant on signing deals with broadcasters not as big an issue for Sky seeing that they own a vast array of channels.
Old 02-01-2012, 22:36   #13
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The problem here is that VM are reliant on signing deals with broadcasters not as big an issue for Sky seeing that they own a vast array of channels.
But remember Sky are also reliant on going out to the widest audience as this makes more money for them.
Old 02-01-2012, 23:55   #14
thunderlips
Inactive

Services: XL TIVO, 200 MEG BB, PHONE , 4 MOBILES
thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light

24th. BSkyB may close Sky Livingit +1 on Virgin Channel 160 today. is sky closing this on there paltform aswell ?
Old 03-01-2012, 00:16   #15
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Has anyone heard anything about the potential launch dates for Film GB, Sofa Stars and Sofa Screen?

http://www.electric-sofa.com/filmgb.htm

These channels were supposed to launch before the end of 2011. The site owners, in the forum section of their site, have suggested they do have a launch date but can't confirm it as of yet.

There is some speculation, and it's only speculation, that the channels will launch by the end of February, with an official announcement at the end of this month. Further speculation suggests the channels will launch on SKY and Freesat. No mention of Virgin
Closed Thread