Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 03-11-2016, 17:20   #916
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l wonder whether our usual trusty doomsayers have joined that queue as well Andrew.
No point in anybody just turning up, it's by personal invitation only

The invites went out yesterday.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2016, 17:21   #917
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I suspect they're still in a state of bewilderment after this and the Amazon App in the space of days.
And there could be more to follow perhaps.....
Old 03-11-2016, 17:25   #918
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboyo View Post
Guide - Only difference I see is the channel logos rather than just names as on normal TiVo.
I'm pretty sure my Tivo has the channel logos too. I'm at work, so I can't confirm, sorry.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 17:28   #919
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Channel logos are an option on the current TiVo
Old 03-11-2016, 17:29   #920
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Channel logos are an option on the current TiVo
Good to know I'm not going mad. Cheers, Ben
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 17:30   #921
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

How does multiroom work ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 17:46   #922
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Is it right to guess that the new software written for the old TiVo is basically for the V6 and hasn't been optimised properly for the old technology and is the cause of the slow down.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 18:22   #923
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

If VM redeem themselves and offer something tangible by way of an apology, I am open to reconsidering my cancellation as I am not an unreasonable man.

What did they actually do or say to you that has upset you so much?

Sending packaging to drop in returned equipment to several pick up points in the local area, is, I believe, common practice.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 18:44   #924
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I am a long standing customer of 17 years, with a fair bit of control over whether VM can continue to supply services to other properties (both residential & business).

After having enough of the TiVo last Sunday and with my window to cancel nearing expiration, I decided to cancel.

No attempt whatsoever was made to keep me, which after all the money that I have channelled their way, I found to be insulting.

I spoke to a manager at a charity do last Sunday who has promised to look into this after saying that "it doesn't appear to be a very satisfactory situation for either party".

Despite telling them that if they want any equipment back that they would be required to pick it up themselves at my convenience, I received a text the following day saying that they would be sending some packaging for me to send the equipment back! Sheer inept impertinence in my book; it's almost as if they are going out of their way to annoy me and are effectively saying if youre going, get gone

Today I received a courtesy call from someone who said that she would be looking into the way that I have been treated and my concerns about the call centre employee that took the call.

In addition, more information has come to light with regards as to when the new box will be available.

If VM redeem themselves and offer something tangible by way of an apology, I am open to reconsidering my cancellation as I am not an unreasonable man.
sorry but what utter nonsense. This is their standard process when you leave . Have you any idea how much it would cost to send an employee over to pick it up.

Taking it to a collect+ location is simple and easy. I took mine back to one in September when I left for Sky Q.

They aren't going to pander to a single customers demands or requests when they have perfectly good processes in place.

I was a customer for 13 years and 10 of those as an employee, and also got offered nothing to stay. Big deal, move on to a different supplier with a better offer. They are a business out to make money.
Old 03-11-2016, 18:44   #925
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Is it right to guess that the new software written for the old TiVo is basically for the V6 and hasn't been optimised properly for the old technology and is the cause of the slow down.
I think that you've hit the nail on the head.

From what Spaceboyo has said, it appears that new installs will get the new box, but additional boxes are the old stock.

I do wonder if VM are deliberately stringing people along when they say that they hope to be able to resolve the issues with the old boxes.

If the main box is fast, whilst it's an irritation, watching the odd programme in bed would probably be tolerable for most people. It also becomes less of a problem if the fast box is able to stream elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
What did they actually do or say to you that has upset you so much?

Sending packaging to drop in returned equipment to several pick up points in the local area, is, I believe, common practice.
The call handler was slurring his words throughout and it's more what wasn't said than what was said ie he effectively shrugged his shoulders and made no attempt whatsoever to keep our custom. After 17 years I find this insulting.

Re: equipment return.

I informed them that, regardless of what process they wanted to follow, if they wanted their equipment back they would have to pick it up at my convenience.

He couldn't even get that right from the text received the following day.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 03-11-2016 at 18:48.
Old 03-11-2016, 18:47   #926
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Slurring? So you are mocking him for a possible disability?

Nice!
Old 03-11-2016, 18:49   #927
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
sorry but what utter nonsense. This is their standard process when you leave . Have you any idea how much it would cost to send an employee over to pick it up.

Taking it to a collect+ location is simple and easy. I took mine back to one in September when I left for Sky Q.

They aren't going to pander to a single customers demands or requests when they have perfectly good processes in place.

I was a customer for 13 years and 10 of those as an employee, and also got offered nothing to stay. Big deal, move on to a different supplier with a better offer. They are a business out to make money.
I'm not suggesting Richard does but some folk treat pay-TV companies like they're football teams. As you say, they're just businesses and we should move on if we feel next door's grass is greener. There's plenty of options including many streaming providers and Vodafone are set to join the market at some stage.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 18:56   #928
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

With this attitude towards customer retention, it's probably just as well that you no longer work for the company.

Under the Equality Act, they are obliged to make 'reasonable adjustments' for me, they don't have a choice.

Even without this, I have no intention of pandering to their convenience after their laissez faire attitude.

Quote:
Slurring? So you are mocking him for a possible disability?

Nice!
This possiblity has already been covered; check the site archives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm not suggesting Richard does but some folk treat pay-TV companies like they're football teams. As you say, they're just businesses and we should move on if we feel next door's grass is greener. There's plenty of options including many streaming providers and Vodafone are set to join the market at some stage.
Indeed there is and this is reflected by VM churn. They are the only pay TV provider to be losing net customers.

I'm hoping that my intervention will improve matters after the courtesy call that I received today.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 03-11-2016 at 19:04.
Old 03-11-2016, 19:00   #929
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Well Richard if you don't return the equipment as per the VM process then you will find they will charge you for said equipment. As I stated above just because you told them that doesn't mean they will bend over backwards to the request of a single customer.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

Quote:
With this attitude towards customer retention, it's probably just as well that you no longer work for the company.

Under the Equality Act, they are obliged to make 'reasonable adjustments' for me, they don't have a choice.

Even without this, I have no intention of making life any easier for them after their laissez faire attitude.[COLOR="Silver"]
Sorry but what on earth are you implying by saying just as well I don't for for them anymore?

No they don't have make any sort of adjustment for you to return their property. I hope they charge you as your attitude socks.

Your Intervention? Hahaha
Old 03-11-2016, 19:08   #930
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Richard, I share and sympathise with many of your issues with VM, but can I politely ask that they, your issues with VM, be restrained to one thread rather than the current several?

Can we please keep this thread for V6, something I am interested in?