Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 23-02-2015, 12:26   #5551
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I dont care any more they can put the price up to what ever they want, i know the direction i am going in.

I decided it 2 months ago. There's always a line there to cross, and the price point was too much for me after being a loyal sky sports customer for about 15 years.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2015, 20:19   #5552
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

The cost of Sports (and by that i mean football) is reaching the point where more and more fans are going to say no.

It has reached that point for me. Potentially £40 pm for just Sky Sports in HD on VM- no way. If BT decide to hike their prices or take it out of the XL pack they arent going to get my custom either. Same for Premier Sports. What would the cost of all sports be £70pm + ?? -its a joke.

Enough is enough. I am not going to help subsidise players wages who earn more in a month that i will probably earn in a lifetime. Quite frankly it is obscene.

Increased prices will merely make more look for cheaper and possibly not so legal ways to watch.
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2015, 21:40   #5553
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Why would their first port of call be a less legal option, and not an attempt at negotiating with their provider?
Old 25-02-2015, 12:46   #5554
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Sports has won the rights to broadcast exclusively live Major League Soccer (MLS) from the US for the first time.

Link
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 16:02   #5555
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

BT Sport extends Serie A rights deal

Link
Old 25-02-2015, 16:51   #5556
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Link
Pleased about this as I enjoy watching Italian football.

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

Quote:
Sky Sports has won the rights to broadcast exclusively live Major League Soccer (MLS) from the US for the first time.

Link
Not so fussed about this but may tune in now and again for the bigger games
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 17:20   #5557
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Personally I have little to no interest in either but thought it worth posting.
Old 25-02-2015, 19:46   #5558
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Personally I have little to no interest in either but thought it worth posting.
Same here the only European league I have the slightest interest in is La Liga and that's mainly for the Madrid derby and el classico.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 19:52   #5559
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Same here the only European league I have the slightest interest in is La Liga and that's mainly for the Madrid derby and el classico.
Nevertheless there are still quite a few who prefer the foreign football compared to the overpaid ballerina's of the Premiership.
Old 26-02-2015, 09:20   #5560
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Quote:

Link
Delighted with this, given the NBA deal too I'm a happy sports fan. Keep it in xl next year and I'm a very happy sports fan
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2015, 09:56   #5561
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
Delighted with this, given the NBA deal too I'm a happy sports fan. Keep it in xl next year and I'm a very happy sports fan
Yes it would be lovely if everything is kept on the XL pack but personally l have my doubts.
Old 26-02-2015, 12:00   #5562
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes it would be lovely if everything is kept on the XL pack but personally l have my doubts.
I think we have one more year in XL and then we are all screwed? Wasn't it a 3 year contract?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2015, 12:51   #5563
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

unless they create/bought another channel....
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 22:45   #5564
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

VM appear to be doing a deal on Sky Sports Collection i recently got a deal the Sky Sports collection for £19 a month on a 12 month deal at that price.

You can cancel at anytime but once you do cannot go back on that deal.
Old 28-02-2015, 12:14   #5565
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

I've been wondering if they'll do anything re sky sports when the season ticket offer ends, maybe that's it
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote