Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Why do you stay with Virgin, even if you are unhappy with the TV service?
View Poll Results: Why do you stay with Virgin for your TV service, even if you are unhappy?
I'm locked in contract at the moment, I plan to leave. 4 7.02%
Virgin is the only option in my area. 6 10.53%
I can't afford other TV providers packages. 2 3.51%
I'd miss catch up TV, and on demand if I left. 13 22.81%
I'm just staying with Virgin for the broadband. 20 35.09%
I don't know, maybe I just like to having something to moan about! 1 1.75%
I'm blacklisted by SKY, they won't have me back. 1 1.75%
I'm too lazy to do anything about it. 3 5.26%
I don't like the idea of a dish on my house. 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2011, 11:01   #1
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Why do you stay with Virgin, even if you are unhappy with the TV service?

Reading through the forums it's clear that some people aren't happy with the TV service Virgin provide.

What puzzles me is why people complain but do nothing about it. People are always drawing comparisons between the content SKY provide and the content they currently receive from Virgin. HD channels seems to be one of the most emotive issues.

The point of this thread is simple, why are people who are unhappy choosing to stay with Virgin even though they are unsatisfied with the content / service being provided?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2011, 11:33   #2
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Why do you stay with Virgin, even if you are unhappy with the TV service?

Why did you leave out the I'm perfectly happy with Virgin Media option?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:05   #3
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

In my case i chose sky originally as i have been given permission from my housing association for a dish on my flat, but the dish would have to go on a pole to go just over the blocks roof in front of me,sky had four attempts at this sending youngsters around despite my having told them i needed a pole put up at height,i took four half days off work for appointments each time sky failed to send the right people and i lost holiday.

In the end out of frustration i phoned NTL and went with them now virgin media,the annoying thing also apart from my wasted holiday was an offer had just ended on sky and ntl which was for sky sports free for a year promotion due to skys performance i misssed out,after i had ntl installed sky rang me up about a week later and said if i still wanted to go with them,the orignal installation firm they gave the job to had now been dispensed with they would send better intallers around now if i wanted, my reply well its a family forum.

Hence i have been with NTL/virgin media ever since and am quite happy at the moment with sky sports Red Button on the way.

And i would now miss VOD if i left hence i opted for this on the vote.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:07   #4
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

My main reason is if I did leave to get the extra HD channels two months down the line Virgin will add another 10 HD channels lol. I'm giving them to the next footy season to add at least ESPN America! Or my TV side to going to sky!
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:07   #5
Zing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
because the question is aimed at people who are not happy with their tv services not people who are happy.

Adding your option to the poll would give false results and would ruin any statistical equation made at the end

I stay for the BB and get M tv free. I was on XL for the VOD but then HBO went and so did my interest
Old 02-04-2011, 12:20   #6
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Broadband is the one reason why have not left so far, I am staying put for the time being. No doubt if I did leave to get the extra HD channels VM would add the promised extra channels. I am due to get infinity in my area within the next few months, if this happens I will give serious consideration to leaving, if no new HD channels are added.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:36   #7
scrooge
Inactive

scrooge is on a distinguished roadscrooge is on a distinguished road

Where's the "I don't want to pay BT £130 to get a landline installed" option?
scrooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:42   #8
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Unfortunately, if you are happy, you can't vote, so you can't see any results.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:45   #9
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

I feel most people are comfortable with the idea of buying all of there services from one supplier namely Virgin, in most cases people don't want Phone from BT, TV from SKY and broadband from Virgin!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:53   #10
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
I feel most people are comfortable with the idea of buying all of there services from one supplier namely Virgin, in most cases people don't want Phone from BT, TV from SKY and broadband from Virgin!
But don't other companies offer triple play ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:57   #11
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Unfortunately, if you are happy, you can't vote, so you can't see any results.....
Click on "View Poll Results" at the bottom right hand corner.
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:57   #12
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
But don't other companies offer triple play ?
They do ,but if you want to get the best BB its VM at the moment, I personally cannot afford to mix and match.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:57   #13
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Whoops!!!

I've started a few votes before, I just assumed everyone could click on View Poll Results if they didn't want to vote. Is this option is only available to me, and not everyone else?

Is there anyway I can change this? Some interesting results so far
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:58   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: Why do you stay with Virgin, even if you are unhappy with the TV service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Reading through the forums it's clear that some people aren't happy with the TV service Virgin provide.

What puzzles me is why people complain but do nothing about it. People are always drawing comparisons between the content SKY provide and the content they currently receive from Virgin. HD channels seems to be one of the most emotive issues.

The point of this thread is simple, why are people who are unhappy choosing to stay with Virgin even though they are unsatisfied with the content / service being provided?
l only stay with Virgin because we are not allowed a dish on the side of the house, its as simple as that, l do not have a go at Virgin just for the sake of it.
Virgins track record in the last year boils down to broken or vague promises in which they have fail to deliver on many fronts and then we have the mighty Tivo fiasco which is still ongoing.
Virgin need to look after their existing customers far better than they are currently and if they don,t l suspect they will lose many more customers to Sky.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:59   #15
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Maybe an alternative poll should be set up for people happy with VM services, questioning what it is that is keeping them as a customer?

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Whoops!!!

I've started a few votes before, I just assumed everyone could click on View Poll Results if they didn't want to vote. Is this option is only available to me, and not everyone else?

Is there anyway I can change this? Some interesting results so far
I can click on it.
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote