Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New build with Virgin Media branded ethernet sockets - what to expect?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

New build with Virgin Media branded ethernet sockets - what to expect?

Old 22-06-2017, 00:57   #16
Mikeferne
Inactive

Mikeferne is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New build with Virgin Media branded ethernet sockets - what to expect?

Sorry to hijack this post. I have just moved into a new build and the lounge has the TV plate with sockets and modules and pre wired with VM.

My understanding was the VM cable connection and phone connection would be on euro modules like the new build developers guide so it's nice and neat. The engineer came today and took one look and said we don't fit them so then pulled the cables through 2 empty module spaces and fixed new VM surface mounted cable and phone face plates under the TV face plate. It's looks ugly as sin and I know it will be hidden behind the TV unit but surley after all the effort to install a nice TV plate they could install it properly.

Does anyone know if you can get the VM module as I understand it has an inline isolator. I know I can get a master phone socket on a module.

Failing that I may just drill a hole in the blanking module and do it that way.

Thanks

Mike
Mikeferne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2017, 11:18   #17
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Hi Mike

Do you want to PM me your address and contact details and I will get one of the local liaison engineers on it for you.

Cheers

Stephen

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 14:39   #18
Mikeferne
Inactive

Thanks Stephen, will do. I have attached a photo of what was installed!

VM are calling me today to see how the install went so will also mention it.

Thanks Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vm.jpg (122.2 KB, 112 views)
Old 22-06-2017, 14:44   #19
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Jesus Christ.

(In reference to the shoddy work done there, not the thread hijacking).
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 14:45   #20
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS

It's a good point though, the whole time i was an installer i could not order nor was i supplied the correct fittings for this...
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 14:56   #21
Mikeferne
Inactive

Its in the attached document as well...So if they cant supply, why detail it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vm plates.JPG (106.8 KB, 66 views)
Old 22-06-2017, 15:03   #22
DJSADERS

DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure but the engineers have to order their van stock and when i was there (left in September) there was nothing on the consumables form mentioning the part in the document... actually this is the first time i've seen / heard about it and i worked for them for 5 years...
Old 22-06-2017, 15:30   #23
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

This item is normally fitted at second fix by the developer, the stock hasn't made it to site for whatever reason. I have your details Mike, will get the local team to contact you and resolve.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 15:45   #24
Mikeferne
Inactive

Nice one.

cheers

Mike
Old 27-06-2017, 11:41   #25
Mikeferne
Inactive

Just had a call from my local VM installation manager regarding the faceplate install issue (see my pic in previous thread). He told me that they have to have isolators to stop surges etc. so they have to use the surface mounted face plates as I had it installed. Its the same on all new builds apparently. There are 70 new houses in the development I live in all pre wired for VM like mine and he said they will need to be installed the same, with the surface plates. What the point then!

He said well your TV is in front of it isn't it? Well yes true, you can't see it behind the telly but I know its there. So frustrating.

Can you get the phone modules compatible with VM?

Cheers Mike
Old 27-06-2017, 11:51   #26
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Ha, with shoddy attitudes to work like that it's no wonder they've been under an embargo in places.

Speaking of, I've had no luck finding any information about what's going on in Liverpool, nobody seems to know what's going on and nobody is getting back to me about it
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 11:55   #27
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I think Stephen needs to contact your local team again. There's no excuse for carp work like that.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 12:11   #28
DJSADERS

As i mentioned above...

The install manager is one of the contractors too... who doesn't have access to the modules... just like the installers...

As weesteev mentioned it's the developer who should fit these or supply these... you'll probably find that the manager isn't aware of the modules... i know that Reading and Guildford managers weren't aware when i worked there
Old 27-06-2017, 12:14   #29
Mikeferne
Inactive

So do you think I should go to the developer (Bellway) to see if they can get hold of them?
Old 27-06-2017, 13:33   #30
DJSADERS

That's the impression i got from weesteev... yes

But you would need an installer to visit and connect them up