Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Been away for a week (moved to 200mb)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Been away for a week (moved to 200mb)

Old 08-06-2017, 18:49   #16
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all
Re: Been away for a week (moved to 200mb)

Interesting. Still on 200 gamer as I always have been, no freebies for me (yet!)
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2017, 20:30   #17
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Now I'm just confused. Consideriimg that 300mb wasn't even an upgrade option for me, how and why has this suddenly happened!
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 20:32   #18
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Sounds like a clerical cock up somewhere!
Old 08-06-2017, 21:14   #19
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

wasn't sure they could change your package and price without at least letting you know?
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 11:14   #20
Stop It
Inactive

Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

And now it's back to 200mb with a £2 credit on my account.

It now says a complimentary upgrade on my bills section but if that's true why has it been taken off? Really confused!

Edit: Apparently my account was used as a guinea pig for testing the possibility of the area going to 300mb. Whoever done it then changed me up to 200mb Gamer and took £5 a month off my package.

Because reasons, but hey no complaints here.

Last edited by Stop It; 16-06-2017 at 12:07.
Old 16-06-2017, 13:24   #21
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Hmm, that's worrying all the same, nobody should be changing your package without your consent and definitely not without informing you. As in, that's not entirely legal.

I suspect you've been given the discount/credit to prevent you from complaining because you'd have every right to do so.

But hey, at least you've benefited!
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 14:58   #22
Synthetic
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Hmm, that's worrying all the same, nobody should be changing your package without your consent and definitely not without informing you. As in, that's not entirely legal.

I suspect you've been given the discount/credit to prevent you from complaining because you'd have every right to do so.

Guessing they're hoping no one is going to complain about a free (temp) upgrade
Old 16-06-2017, 15:21   #23
Stop It
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post

I know! Normally when they test higher speeds they just up the provision on the modem so this was a very weird way to test it.

I may hit up 150 just to clarify why my account was used in this way. I suspect my account is flagged as I tested the Hub 3 and signed up as available for nearly any trial going but still a little notification would have been welcomed.
Old 23-06-2017, 10:21   #24
bigpmc
Inactive

Services: TV XL, BB L, Talk Weekends.
bigpmc is an unknown quantity at this point

Strangely, my account has also been upgraded from 100mb to 200. I only knew about this because I got an email telling me about this "free" upgrade. I have a sh2, and over wifi can only get 110 ish meg (link speed says 150mb) with a wired connection I can get nearly 200, so do I need to ask for a newer router (2ac or 3) or is there some wifi setting I need to change to get the full speed?
bigpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2017, 22:21   #25
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I received a mailshot in the post today saying that I'd been upped from 100 to 200 Mbps.

Speed test says 11.1 download and 11.7 upload.

I have a SH2.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2017, 22:37   #26
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

There is a lot of this atm. It cant be random and there has got to be some logic behind it. If it is a new wave of upgrades i am glad they didnt announce it and are just doing it because it saves the waiting and constant delays on the rollout schedule. I just wonder if all the 200mbit customers are going to be upgraded to 300mbits.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 09:49   #27
Synthetic
cf.geek

Interesting, somehow I can't see them giving us a free boost to 300 though
Old 27-06-2017, 11:03   #28
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

why not? the other tiers seems to be getting double. This has happened before where you have had marginal upgrades for the top tier from 100 to 120, 120 to 150 and 150 to 200. In the past the network couldn't handle it but we know it can now because 300 is already available through Homeworks.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 14:20   #29
Synthetic
cf.geek

EDIT: Spoke to Virgin and they have no knowledge of any free speeds boosts happening, would still cost me £8/m to upgrade from 200 gamer.

Wouldn't be surprised if first line just hadn't been told about it though, where's Ben when you need him

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

(Apologies for double post)

Just checked my modem and i've gone from 16 to 24 downstreams, so I'll be keeping an eye out for a config change, not sure if the 2 would go hand in hand though.

Last edited by Synthetic; 27-06-2017 at 13:37.
Old 27-06-2017, 14:38   #30
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
EDIT: Spoke to Virgin and they have no knowledge of any free speeds boosts happening, would still cost me £8/m to upgrade from 200 gamer.

Wouldn't be surprised if first line just hadn't been told about it though, where's Ben when you need him

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

(Apologies for double post)

Just checked my modem and i've gone from 16 to 24 downstreams, so I'll be keeping an eye out for a config change, not sure if the 2 would go hand in hand though.
You've gone from 800Mb to 1200Mb of shared bandwidth with the increase in downstreams, so maybe. Or it could just be to help alleviate any congestion.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote