Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Liberty Global Schedules Investor Call.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Kelly group

Old 18-10-2012, 19:40   #1
Gregors
Inactive

Gregors is an unknown quantity at this point
Kelly group

Just wondered if anyone had any information on Kelly group. They have offered me a job as a telecommunication engineer but very wary of taking it because have heard a lot of negative feed back about them.

Any information would be very much appreciated as I don't wanna change jobs and be screwed over.

Thanks again.

Greg.
Gregors is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-10-2012, 20:02   #2
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Kelly group

is the job with Openreach BT ?
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 20:11   #3
Gregors
Inactive

I'm not sure to be honest but that does ring a bell. Literally a woman phoned me up while I was at work today and just spilled lots of jargon to me. She said 9 days training in Coventry then go straight out on me own getting £25 an install.

I work on a building site for myself and I hate my job so I see that job and I applied for it. I've got three kids and a mortgage so I need to make the right decision.

Thanks for helping.
Old 18-10-2012, 20:37   #4
startoucher
cf.member

Services: TV with Sky, sports/films & includes NetFlix. UFO with TalkTalk 900mb & includes Prime Video
startoucher is a jewel in the roughstartoucher is a jewel in the roughstartoucher is a jewel in the roughstartoucher is a jewel in the roughstartoucher is a jewel in the rough

Kelly Group or Kelly Services (one and the same) both are recruitment agencies offering work, yes it's a good thing, but if they offer Temp to Perm steer clear mate. 12 weeks work and then they reject you, saying your "not suitable" agency wins by providing staff so get their cream and the company wins by getting your cheap labour.
startoucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 20:44   #5
Gregors
Inactive

It was such a brief phone call. Wasn't even an interview which really makes me think it's shady. To not be on a set wage is worrying as well cos if you onlY do 2 installs, £50 ain't gonna pay my bills lol.

Nearly everything i have read about Kelly group has been bad. I have no knowledge or experience in this sector so just need as much info as possible before I commit.

Thanks.
Old 19-10-2012, 20:24   #6
judgey
Inactive

what do they class as an install?. to me for 25.00 would be tv, internet and phone which could take upto 90 mins plus per job.
Old 19-10-2012, 22:07   #7
Gregors
Inactive

Not sure if I'm honest. They said people do 7,8,9 jobs a day but I'm guessing they just tell you that to get you interested.

I just don't know hat to do but my gut instinct is telling me not to take the job.
Old 19-10-2012, 22:33   #8
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Put it this way, even if they gave me FREE cable tv/bb/phone for life, I would not take the job even if l was desperate.

In the Telewest days l applied for a job with there collections team, and l went with them for three hours going to homes in the Twickenham area. I realised why customers get fed up with the cable network and what they did, and that was enough for me, they called me three days later to say that they couldn't take on anymore staff as they were making cutbacks.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 16:17   #9
judgey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregors View Post
Not sure if I'm honest. They said people do 7,8,9 jobs a day but I'm guessing they just tell you that to get you interested.

I just don't know hat to do but my gut instinct is telling me not to take the job.
well i work for Fujitsu on the VM contract and we do 5/6 jobs a day, all diff from a single bb install to a full install included are 2 x tv, bb and phone

anyway i fought MJ Quinns had the BT contract.
Old 20-10-2012, 21:08   #10
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all

Quote:
Just wondered if anyone had any information on Kelly group. They have offered me a job as a telecommunication engineer but very wary of taking it because have heard a lot of negative feed back about them.

Any information would be very much appreciated as I don't wanna change jobs and be screwed over.

Thanks again.

Greg.
Stay where you are in your current job!

Kelly's is NOT the way to go, you will be making a big mistake imo
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 22:06   #11
Gregors
Inactive

I really appreciate all the feed back.

I work on a building site and really wanna change careers but I have 3 kids and a mortgage so I have to think logically not selfishly.

On the feed back I've been given, I'll be telling Kelly's group to find someone else.

Once again really appreciate your views.

Greg.
Old 21-10-2012, 00:54   #12
Martyn
Inactive

Services: Sky TV 2TB HD - Fiber Pro
Martyn is an unknown quantity at this point

ask them for part time work??
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 13:12   #13
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I have heard many awful stories about Kelly's, and the worst thing is that VM or Telewest stuck with them - probaly because they are cheap.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 13:18   #14
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all

Quote:
I really appreciate all the feed back.

I work on a building site and really wanna change careers but I have 3 kids and a mortgage so I have to think logically not selfishly.

On the feed back I've been given, I'll be telling Kelly's group to find someone else.

Once again really appreciate your views.

Greg.
Good move, having worked for Kelly's in the past, i can assure you that you've made the right choice.

Granted you might not like your current job, but there are far far worse out there, one of which you've just avoided
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 13:42   #15
Gregors
Inactive

Telecommunications Installation Engineer (Residential).

This is the job I have been offered so just wondered if anyone knew what it involves.

Thanks.