Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2017, 16:58   #511
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Strewth, I can barely say boo on this forum without some kind of rebuke. Hugh and I have enough rappport to overcome small digs (either way). And I did 'go after the content'.
Always best for us forum members play the ball and not the man, old bean.
In this instance you attacked the quality of Hugh's contribution without giving a reason as to why you felt it was weak. So no one could support or challenge your argument.
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2017, 17:10   #512
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Always best for us forum members play the ball and not the man, old bean.
In this instance you attacked the quality of Hugh's contribution without giving a reason as to why you felt it was weak. So no one could support or challenge your argument.
How kind of you to offer clarification old bean.

My comment was self-explanatory; Hugh didn't actually comment either - he just posted a couple of links which were also self-explanatory.

Feel free to comment when you work it out, oh hang on, you already did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
If I was one of the apologists for Trump, I would suggest that Trump was technically correct and that one of his aids called Putin or Putin called him.
Old 28-02-2017, 17:17   #513
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

It did not take a genius to figure out what Trump actually meant here. He means he did not call Russia before he became President, stop looking for fake holes.

You also have not answered my post from a few pages back.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out if he called Putin 2-3 weeks before he made that statement, he had called Russia within the last 10 years.

Or perhaps he just forgot....

Which post is that, Mick?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 28-02-2017, 17:53   #514
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It doesn't take a genius to figure out if he called Putin 2-3 weeks before he made that statement, he had called Russia within the last 10 years.

Or perhaps he just forgot....
No because it obvious what he meant.

Quote:
Which post is that, Mick?
You said what about his staff yesterday, (meaning last Friday) and I asked what about them, as I was not clear as to what you were referring to.
Old 28-02-2017, 18:12   #515
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
No because it obvious what he meant.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one...
Quote:
You said what about his staff yesterday, (meaning last Friday) and I asked what about them, as I was not clear as to what you were referring to.
He stated that others were using unnamed sources in their articles against him, and that was wrong, at the same time his White House staff would only speak off the record (being an unnamed source) to news reporters - sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...nymous-sources
Quote:
President Donald Trump assailed the news media’s use of unnamed sources on Friday, just hours after White House aides briefed reporters on condition of anonymity about their efforts to debunk a New York Times article on contacts between Trump’s campaign and Russian officials.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 28-02-2017, 18:31   #516
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:

It did not take a genius to figure out what Trump actually meant here. He means he did not call Russia before he became President, stop looking for fake holes.

You also have not answered my post from a few pages back.
Trump should be making himself clear at all times ,especially for us dimwits that take what he says as being what he means .Lets hope he isn't so vague when it comes to relaying the important stuff to joe public

Old 28-02-2017, 18:40   #517
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one...
Fine with me but I'm curious why the inept attitude to something so obvious ?
Old 28-02-2017, 18:44   #518
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Trump should be making himself clear at all times ,especially for us dimwits that take what he says as being what he means .Lets hope he isn't so vague when it comes to relaying the important stuff to joe public
When dimwits rely on the media to tell them what he meant and just take soundbites to prove their point what do you expect.

So this
Quote:
"We have come up with a solution that's really, really I think very good," Trump said at a meeting of the nation's governors at the White House.

"Now, I have to tell you, it's an unbelievably complex subject," he added. "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated."
Is scoffed and derided when this is what he said in context.

http://time.com/4684068/donald-trump...m-complicated/

Totally different when you hear it in context.

That's the mainstream media for you though.
Old 28-02-2017, 18:44   #519
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Same applies to you.

Can't help being inept because it's suits your negative Trump stance.

Let's have some fake outrage.
Old 28-02-2017, 19:29   #520
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

By the way for all Trump went on about Obama travelling and golfing he himself is going back to his resort for the 4th time in 6 weeks this weekend: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/flo...228-story.html

Which likely brings him to the average cost of Obama's trips a year in just 6 weeks: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...xpayers-234562

Here is Trump: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...085760?lang=en

Seems the Democrats aren't the only hypocrites.

Last edited by Damien; 28-02-2017 at 19:38.
Old 28-02-2017, 19:40   #521
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
By the way for all Trump went on about Obama travelling and golfing he himself is going back to his resort for the 4th time in 6 weeks this weekend: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/flo...228-story.html

Which likely brings him to the average cost of Obama's trips a year in just 6 weeks: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...xpayers-234562

Here is Trump: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...085760?lang=en

Seems the Democrats aren't the only hypocrites.
Looks like you edited your post as you realised the context.
Old 28-02-2017, 19:47   #522
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Looks like you edited your post as you realised the context.
No I just don't like starting two different points because it doesn't flow as well.

Since you bring up though what is the context? He doesn't say anything before or after that changes the meaning of the sentence 'nobody thought health care could be so complicated'? He says why it's complicated but who thought it wouldn't be? Obama basically threw his first term behind health care, Clinton couldn't do, American Presidents have constantly hit the rocks with health care.

So people made fun of Trump for saying nobody thought health care could be so complicated when everyone knows it's very complicated.
Old 28-02-2017, 19:50   #523
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

His thrust was the delay in announcing tax cuts until heath care was costed and accounted for.

Seems quite clear to me unless you have an agenda.

EDITAnd the need to enter it into statute.
Old 28-02-2017, 19:56   #524
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
His thrust was the delay in announcing tax cuts until heath care was costed and accounted for.

Seems quite clear to me unless you have an agenda.
Yes I know he was saying tax cuts would come later. It's clear what he is saying. It's that he said 'nobody knew healthcare would be so complicated' that made people laugh. That was the correct quote, he didn't caveat it.

The context doesn't change the meaning of the quote, it's just that he said other stuff too.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

I should point out I don't care about the quote.

I think the hypocrisy of him slagging off Obama for trips whilst running up in 6 weeks what took Obama, on average, a year to reach is more interesting.

Although even then I don't care that much as the overall money is negligible in the context of a US budget but imagine the uproar had Obama went to a resort so often. He got so much flack for the trips he did take.
Old 28-02-2017, 20:08   #525
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Yes I know he was saying tax cuts would come later. It's clear what he is saying. It's that he said 'nobody knew healthcare would be so complicated' that made people laugh. That was the correct quote, he didn't caveat it.

The context doesn't change the meaning of the quote, it's just that he said other stuff too.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

I should point out I don't care about the quote.

I think the hypocrisy of him slagging off Obama for trips whilst running up in 6 weeks what took Obama, on average, a year to reach is more interesting.

Although even then I don't care that much as the overall money is negligible in the context of a US budget but imagine the uproar had Obama went to a resort so often. He got so much flack for the trips he did take.
I have cereal, vegatable and fruit at least once a day.

That is true beacause a pint of bitter, a Brandy and a vodka are "just other stuff".

Thanks for assisting me to be healthy.

As regards his trips I don't care in the least. Not my budget, not my problem. There will come a time when the Presidential budget will not support them.

EDIT Replaced Scotch with Brandy for the grapes.
Closed Thread