Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Double Data Sale

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Double Data Sale

Old 30-08-2016, 18:51   #1
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Double Data Sale

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-...riff_countdown

Is it true 4G will be active from November on Virgin Mobile? Also to those with Virgin Mobile, do you see price rises? I'm really tempted to join.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-08-2016, 19:45   #2
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Double Data Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-...riff_countdown

Is it true 4G will be active from November on Virgin Mobile? Also to those with Virgin Mobile, do you see price rises? I'm really tempted to join.
Where did you get 4G from, all i see is an offer for 4Gb data

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 20:04   #3
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Just ordered one. I was paying giffgaff £5 per month for 125 minutes and 100mb data, just never got around to looking for something better. 1000 minutes and 2GB data for £8 seems like a no brainer now that i've looked at it, especially as the signal over the other side of town is rubbish on giffgaff
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 20:11   #4
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

£2 more gets a lot better but 3g is a put off. In all honesty I would have switched for the extra minutes and texts. My iD sim already has 4GB of data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Where did you get 4G from, all i see is an offer for 4Gb data
Sales team or floor minions as the community mod called said person. Do you know if 4G is going to launch soon?
Old 30-08-2016, 20:17   #5
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Yeah i thought about the £10 one but tbh i probably won't even use half the data from the £8 one. I only tend to browse the net on the phone in the mornings at the gym anyway, the 100mb on the giffgaff sim would get me through nearly 2 weeks so 2GB on this will be more than plenty for me.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 20:32   #6
thenry
Inactive

Good luck. No 4G sucks tbh. Luckily it's monthly so you're not tied in. Have a look at iD sims if you get a chance or need a switch. They have a decent 4G data sim, 500 mins, 5000 texts & 4GB of data for £10.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/sim-only-deals
Old 30-08-2016, 21:04   #7
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

Just been on phone to Virgin. Was paying £9.00 for 2 gb. Now paying 10 for 4 gb. Advisor said they had not been made aware of this promotion beforehand, and have at least 40 calls in the queue currently.
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 22:10   #8
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

We got fed up of waiting for 4G so moved on. When I phoned to cancel back in April I think it was the chap on the phone told me 4G was only a week or 2 away. It's a shame they feel the need to lie or are being fed misleading information from within VM. Anyway we're now happily on Vodafone and enjoying 4G and tethering.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 17:34   #9
thenry
Inactive

I spoke to someone from the CEO's office yesterday to which I got a response of 4G looking to be introduced before December, Q4.

Last edited by thenry; 07-09-2016 at 18:14.
Old 07-09-2016, 20:44   #10
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
I spoke to someone from the CEO's office yesterday to which I got a response of 4G looking to be introduced before December, Q4.
"looking"
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 21:40   #11
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did they say which year?
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 21:50   #12
thenry
Inactive

Old 07-09-2016, 22:22   #13
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha! It's a shame really as I used to be with Virgin Mobile for a few years as they had really good deals and a good signal where I am with it being EE (well T-Mobile at the time) but their handsets let them down so I moved on as I wanted an iPhone.

They've since sorted out a better range of handsets but their lack of 4G is now likely to put a lot of people off or make them move on like Grim as it's pretty much standard across all other networks and MVNOs these days so they really need to sort this to attract/retain customers.

Heard they are currently exploring a move from EE to 3 so if they do change networks, it may herald the arrival of 4G.
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:38   #14
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

They should stop messing about and buy Vodafone!
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:24   #15
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I believe it was potentially the other way around. Vodafone were considering buying Liberty Global