Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 08:45   #3001
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
how the hell is the government acting in what it considers the best interests of the country considered a warped world view it's what we bloody well elect them
A valiant attempt but I fear your words are falling on particularly deaf ears.
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2016, 08:52   #3002
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Here's the details on this story:

Breitbart declares war on Kellogg's after cereal brand pulls advertising from site

You can't make this stuff up!
you quote from it chapter and verse [like other news outlets] but claim not to be a reader ,you can't make this stuff up . bless .

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
A valiant attempt but I fear your words are falling on particularly deaf ears.
it looked like illiterate drivel so i ignored it .

"it's what we bloody well elect them" pass .
Old 03-12-2016, 08:53   #3003
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Three words .. impressive .. one more and you have a personal best ..
The thread started off in the day with interesting discussions about the UK's relationship with the EU post-Brexit. Come the end of the evening and without provocation people are throwing names around that would not be out of place on the school playground.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:09   #3004
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
you quote from it chapter and verse [like other news outlets] but claim not to be a reader ,you can't make this stuff up . bless
The quote was from the Guardian article

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Quote:
The thread started off in the day with interesting discussions about the UK's relationship with the EU post-Brexit. Come the end of the evening and without provocation people are throwing names around that would not be out of place on the school playground.
You're are right here. The constant use of the childish names is aimed at winding people up. It has no other purpose from what I can see. It certainly does not further debate, just the opposite.

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
The government will take us out of Europe ,they have a mandate to do that but you have to realise that they are duty bound to do so in a manner that they feel is going to benefit everyone ,that's why we put them in office in the first place ,if they don't they don't belong in government .
You also need to realise that this isn't a war with a winning and losing side .I want to leave but i don't the country split down the middle with a 'them and us' culture ,that would be more damaging than staying in the EU.
I really wish the vote had been more decisive one way or the other then we would not be having these problems
I would like to thank you for this post. Your analysis is accurate and unbiased.

The referendum had a (small) majority to leave the EU. There was not a vote on the terms of leaving. The Leave campaign (in its many forms) had a variety of suggestions some of which have already been ruled out (by the Leave leaders themselves).

The bottom line is that we are leaving the EU. However, it is the responsbility of the Government to get the best deal for the long term prosperity of the country.

It is not the duty of the Government to seek some ideological hard-core Brexit solution just so it can appease the zealous right wingers.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:59   #3005
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Come the end of the evening and without provocation people are throwing names around that would not be out of place on the school playground.
Yep. Guilty as charged. After all the names that brexiteers like myself were called after the vote (stupid, racist etc) , I figured that as I can't beat the remoaners I'll join them.
Funny how the snowflakes get unhappy when it's done to them

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Quote:
The bottom line is that we are leaving the EU. However, it is the responsbility of the Government to get the best deal for the long term prosperity of the country.
I agree completely. The problem is that the govt won't really be able to get the best deals if it's thoughts and plans are open to scrutiny by all and sundry before negotiations start.

Quote:
It is not the duty of the Government to seek some ideological hard-core Brexit solution just so it can appease the zealous right wingers.
I agree again but if remoaners keep pushing and obstructing the process they may well force the govt to hard brexit asap rather than risk the process being adversely softened or scuppered completely.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

I'll leave this here again: New Lib Dem MP Skewered on Brexit
Old 03-12-2016, 12:12   #3006
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Yep. Guilty as charged. After all the names that brexiteers like myself were called after the vote (stupid, racist etc) , I figured that as I can't beat the remoaners I'll join them.

I agree completely. The problem is that the govt won't really be able to get the best deals if it's thoughts and plans are open to scrutiny by all and sundry before negotiations start.

I agree again but if remoaners keep pushing and obstructing the process they may well force the govt to hard brexit asap rather than risk the process being adversely softened or scuppered completely.

thats never going away is it
Old 03-12-2016, 13:21   #3007
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
It's no accident that the Lib-Dems are so pro-EU. They only hear what they want to hear, think the same way and employ the very same tactics as the Eurocrats. They commend the process when it suits but immediately call it into question when it doesn't then set about undermining anything or anyone who has the temerity to disagree. The truth is that they're only interested in the democratic process when it yields what they want - to hell with it when it doesn't.
Old 03-12-2016, 14:18   #3008
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

If people on this forum called you (specifically) stupid and/or racist, I would expect that to be reported. If one or two people on this forum tarred all Brexit supporters as racist and/or stupid, you would be justified in commenting back to them using your terms.

However, if you are taking it out on anyone here who disagrees with you because a few behaved badly, it would seem that the 'special snowflake' hat appears to be firmly perched on your head...

I thought most people grew out of the 'but they did it first' behaviour around adolescence...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 03-12-2016, 14:46   #3009
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I thought most people grew out of the 'but they did it first' behaviour around adolescence...
I'm doing my best not to grow up :pp:
I'll try to behave myself henceforth

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

Quote:
Yep, a masterclass in pinning down a remoaner. It does illustrate nicely how disingenuous some of them are being.
Old 03-12-2016, 15:30   #3010
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
I'm doing my best not to grow up :pp:
I'll try to behave myself henceforth

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

Yep, a masterclass in pinning down a remoaner. It does illustrate nicely how disingenuous some of them are being.
some of them ? don't you mean most of them
Old 03-12-2016, 15:33   #3011
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I do enjoy it when a politician hits the nail squarely on the thumb.
Old 03-12-2016, 16:17   #3012
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

And the name calling isn't a recent phenomena purely linked purely to Brexit either. Anyone who's dared to challenge uncontrolled migration, for example, has long been fair game for all sorts of abuse from many of those on the left. Not much attempt at adult debate, despite regular promises that one could be had. No, plenty of shouting down, taunts and jibes directed at anyone who dared to voice their concerns by those who claim to abhor abuse and intimidation based on any form of stereotyping but don't mind resorting to it when it suits.
Old 03-12-2016, 16:33   #3013
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
And the name calling isn't a recent phenomena purely linked purely to Brexit either. Anyone who's dared to challenge uncontrolled migration, for example, has long been fair game for all sorts of abuse from many of those on the left. Not much attempt at adult debate, despite regular promises that one could be had. No, plenty of shouting down, taunts and jibes directed at anyone who dared to voice their concerns by those who claim to abhor abuse and intimidation based on any form of stereotyping but don't mind resorting to it when it suits.
Indeed. Hence my shorter than usual fuse when talking to our liberal bretheren of late.
Goose/gander.......doesn't seem to work both ways
Old 03-12-2016, 16:43   #3014
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Indeed. Hence my shorter than usual fuse when talking to our liberal bretheren of late.
Goose/gander.......doesn't seem to work both ways
In the interest of fairness, can we have some examples where you (and others), as individuals, have been subject to the name calling you are complaining and (over) reacting to?

We can see the large number of posts that you and others are doing this but I am willing to be convinced so where are these many posts that are doing the same thing to you?
Old 03-12-2016, 16:51   #3015
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
In the interest of fairness, can we have some examples where you (and others), as individuals, have been subject to the name calling you are complaining and (over) reacting to?

We can see the large number of posts that you and others are doing this but I am willing to be convinced so where are these many posts that are doing the same thing to you?
its too distressing to bring it all up again .