Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 18-05-2013, 01:39   #1501
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Some Virgin customers have seen their monthly subscription go up by almost £15 per month since 01st April 2012. Whilst that sounds crazy, it is a fact!

I left Virgin in December when I was notified my package was going up in price yet again. In less than a year Virgin tried to put my monthly subscription up by around £10 or £11

I did read that SKY Sports will be going up in price in the summer months. Last year it was a £3.25 per month increase on Virgin. If I was still with Virgin, and this years increase is similar to last years, it would be my 4th price increase within a 16 month period totally between £13 or £14. That is really pushing the boundaries of acceptability.
In June 2011 we signed a contract for £100.55 per month.
It's now £114.55 for the same services just 2 years later.
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-05-2013, 09:30   #1502
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
That's pretty harsh. It shouldn't matter if you are in the majority, or the minority. If you are unhappy with something, you have the right to complain. Sports are clearly important to SKY and BT in their bid to attract and retain customers, otherwise they wouldn't spend hundreds of millions on sports rights.
Very true.

Strange that somehow people try to justify things because they are in the majority. I suspect that was what happened in Germany in the 30s .

My opinion is based on what I think is right, not bothered whether i am in the majority, that is just happenstance.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 09:50   #1503
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

BT TV boss confident ahead of Sky battle.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/cit...-of-Sky-battle
Old 18-05-2013, 15:08   #1504
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
BT TV boss confident ahead of Sky battle.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/cit...-of-Sky-battle
It says "We're happy to wholesale to Sky." That sounds like a 180 degree turn to what they were saying before?
They've made it clear this whole "FREE" promotion is to lure broadband customers to BT. How do they intend on keeping the upper hand by wholesaling to Sky? What's to stop Sky then offering free BT sport with Sky broadband. It would financial more sensible to do that than offer sky sports at a reduce rate.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 15:37   #1505
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimes View Post
It says "We're happy to wholesale to Sky." That sounds like a 180 degree turn to what they were saying before?
They've made it clear this whole "FREE" promotion is to lure broadband customers to BT. How do they intend on keeping the upper hand by wholesaling to Sky? What's to stop Sky then offering free BT sport with Sky broadband. It would financial more sensible to do that than offer sky sports at a reduce rate.
At the moment, I am thinking of taking BT with Broadband. Paying phone 1 year in advance, and free BT sport, i am saving money (in addition to the 1st 6 months free broadband) on an 18 year contract.

Might be worth changing, as I believe you should change every so often.
Old 18-05-2013, 15:48   #1506
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
At the moment, I am thinking of taking BT with Broadband. Paying phone 1 year in advance, and free BT sport, i am saving money (in addition to the 1st 6 months free broadband) on an 18 year contract.

How long!!!!!!!!!!!
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 15:57   #1507
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post

sAME here.
Moving to Sky (but waiting to see if they do 50% off offer again) for tv
and bt for phone & bb.

It's cheaper cos of 6 months free so it's 18 months for price of 12, and as u say "value" line rental paid in advance.

Then can switch if nec
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 15:59   #1508
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
How long!!!!!!!!!!!
Well you know Colin as he likes his apron strings tied for him.
Old 18-05-2013, 16:29   #1509
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
sAME here.
Moving to Sky (but waiting to see if they do 50% off offer again) for tv
and bt for phone & bb.

It's cheaper cos of 6 months free so it's 18 months for price of 12, and as u say "value" line rental paid in advance.

Then can switch if nec
More 50% codes coming soon.

SKY staff currently have 50% friends and family codes available, but they have to be used by the 30th May 2013. Sadly my SKY contact is all out however if you spend some time on Google, and don't mind joining random forums, you can get a code very easily! For example:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....-family-codes/
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 16:32   #1510
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Next time mate has some ill check to see if its ok for me to get peoples email addresses and pass them to him. It all depends if he will allow me to do that. Normally posts it on Facebook so should be an issue. When i know ill post on forums. It will cost you a drink or too thou
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 16:40   #1511
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Next time mate has some ill check to see if its ok for me to get peoples email addresses and pass them to him. It all depends if he will allow me to do that. Normally posts it on Facebook so should be an issue. When i know ill post on forums. It will cost you a drink or too thou
I think it's great that we are looking after our Virgin Media friends. They can forget worrying about the summer price increase for SKY Sports, and the chance that BT Sports won't be on Virgin, by joining good guys like us over at SKY for 1/2 of what they currently pay to Virgin

Not everyone will be interested though as they simply love TiVo too much. I loved TiVo too, but not as much as having an extra £50 in my wallet each month!

It's all banter of course however I will post links to 50% off codes for SKY when they become available, for anyone who might be interested. I wouldn't be a very good member of this community if I didn't share the good fortune and love around a bit.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 16:43   #1512
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
I think it's great that we are looking after our Virgin Media friends. They can forget worrying about the summer price increase for SKY Sports, and the chance that BT Sports won't be on Virgin, by joining good guys like us over at SKY for 1/2 of what they currently pay to Virgin

Not everyone will be interested though as they simply love TiVo too much. I loved TiVo too, but not as much as having an extra £50 in my wallet each month!

It's all banter of course however I will post links to 50% off codes for SKY when they become available, for anyone who might be interested. I wouldn't be a very good member of this community if I didn't share the good fortune and love around a bit.
Just shows how kind hearted sky customers are...always good to see it evidenced
Old 18-05-2013, 16:43   #1513
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I agree Chad. Way it works with my mate is he emails you and then after clicking link you get the code. I hope our friends are greatful when we give them the codes
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2013, 16:47   #1514
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

Oh Chad dear chap your master still has much to do to learn you the proper meaning of all that is good in this world but come over to us and pledge yourself to our teachings and you will be saved forever from the doom of Skydor.
Old 18-05-2013, 16:48   #1515
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Oh Chad dear chap your master still has much to do to learn you the proper meaning of all that is good in this world but come over to us and pledge yourself to our teachings and you will be saved forever from the doom of Skydor.
Den dear chap..that is all virgin lore