Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PSN back online after data breach. You must change passwords [see post 1]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PSN back online after data breach. You must change passwords [see post 1]

Old 16-05-2011, 23:43   #151
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PSN back online after data breach. You must change passwords [see post 1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm sorry but you berate me for mentioning the xbox in the thread then you go and do exactly the same thing but it a totally fanboyish way.

Most of the people I know over the age of 28 own an xbox as they prefer the online gaming aspect. There is nothing kiddie about them.

Quiet of a few of them also own the ps3 and like me use it mostly for Blu Ray movies as the 360 provides a better gaming experience for them. Also a better choice of games of late as the PS3 exclusives have been few and far between.

Still not powered up my PS3 to update the system yet. Had it on yesterday to watch a 3d blu ray but that was all.
I couldn't agree more with your comments Stephen.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2011, 23:49   #152
Tod
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

Annoying isn't it.

Anyhow...moving on....those games I mentioned are now officially confirmed:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/...-scee-users-2/
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 00:04   #153
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

You only get to keep those games as long as you keep PS+. You can always expect a company to turn a negative into a way to earn profit.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 00:10   #154
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
You only get to keep those games as long as you keep PS+. You can always expect a company to turn a negative into a way to earn profit.
Really? I don't think I'll bother then.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 00:13   #155
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Not true. The free games are yours to keep, it's only the actual PS+ stuff and features that you loose access to after the 30 day trial. If you read down the comments there are posts from the moderator explaining that.

Quote:
The free games are yours to keep. It is only some of the content you get through PS Plus that will expire at the end of the month.
List of games
Quote:
All existing PlayStation Network members will be able to access the following from PlayStation Store*:
Two PS3 games from the following list:
LittleBigPlanet
Infamous*
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation*

For those with PSP accounts, you will also be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list:
LittleBigPlanet PSP
ModNation PSP
Pursuit Force
Killzone Liberation*
- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PS Plus subscribers*
- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will be given 60 days free subscription.
I think I will get Infamous and Wipeout HD
Old 17-05-2011, 00:17   #156
Tod
Inactive

Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

The free games they are talking about are the 2 freebies you choose from the selection of 5. Additional to them you will get PSN+ free games, but they do expire after your 30 days run out. You will however keep other free content (wallpapers, avatars) and you will keep any games you have brought with PSN+ discount.

I think it is right they are trying to take a positive spin out of giving out PSN+ - but you have to remember they are not able to charge ANYONE while they are giving this out free, and I would guess this IS costing them in lost earnings for not only the downtime, but for the free month when they can not charge for the service at all.
Old 17-05-2011, 00:18   #157
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Musta read it wrong then since you're also getting a month of PS+.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 00:19   #158
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think I will get Infamous and Wipeout HD
Was thinking the same. Had been tempted to buy Wipeout HD before this all happened as it's 3D compatible
Old 17-05-2011, 00:31   #159
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Was thinking the same. Had been tempted to buy Wipeout HD before this all happened as it's 3D compatible
That's what made me think of getting it
Old 17-05-2011, 00:37   #160
Tod
Inactive

My choice will be:
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation*

And for my PSP:

LittleBigPlanet PSP
ModNation PSP

Am pretty happy with this, as they are all games I was fairly keen on getting hold of.

What with that and a month free Qriocity and 2 months free PSN+ I am actually saving money from all this - result!
Old 17-05-2011, 02:26   #161
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I already have LBP & Wipeout. I'll definitely go for Infamous. Not sure what though for my second.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 10:03   #162
Tod
Inactive

Infamous is actuarily quote tempting.....I'm not sure now! I too have Wipeout and LBP. I played beta of Dead Nation and it was fantastic, so I have to have that

So..Infamous or Ratchet and Clank?...hmmmmm
Old 17-05-2011, 10:30   #163
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

InFamous is a definite for me - came this close to buying it when it was released, so that's worked out well

Other than that, I think it's a toss-up between Dead Nation and Wipeout - haven't played any Wipeout in about 10 years, so may be worth revisiting
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 17:08   #164
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

i compare thee xbox to an iPod (or iphone, take your choice)

its a popular console (..or phone) but there are alternatives that are a lot better, IMO people only get xboxes because they are more popular. I was ps3 only until about 2 or 3 months ago when i got my xbox, because more of my mates were playing xbox, and there was only 3 or 4 who played regularly on ps3

in terms of the console itself, the ps3 is far better, but the xbox has more people on it (for some unknown reason) so makes the online side of it better
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 17:52   #165
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k11 View Post
i compare thee xbox to an iPod (or iphone, take your choice)

its a popular console (..or phone) but there are alternatives that are a lot better, IMO people only get xboxes because they are more popular. I was ps3 only until about 2 or 3 months ago when i got my xbox, because more of my mates were playing xbox, and there was only 3 or 4 who played regularly on ps3

in terms of the console itself, the ps3 is far better, but the xbox has more people on it (for some unknown reason) so makes the online side of it better
My final word on this as the thread is going off topic a bit is that a lot of games makers that make multi format games are able to make them better on the 360 and many graphical features are left off of the PS3 version. So it might have more raw power but the PS3 is apparently not as good at doing some fancy graphical effects or its just not as easy to program.

History would say that the PS3 should be the popular one after the sucess of the PS1 and PS2. The 360 is popluar because it is a fantastic console over all.

I was looking at some reviews of Dead Nation and it does look pretty cool.