Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Why are VM so keen to get me onto movies?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Why are VM so keen to get me onto movies?

Old 24-09-2016, 16:51   #1
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice
Why are VM so keen to get me onto movies?

Just gave VM 1 final chance to offer me a deal before my services were cut off tomorrow, very helpful chap said the only way i could get a deal was by adding movies. By adding movies i am saving £12 a month. Thats right VM are giving me Sky Movies in HD for £12 less than i was paying as well as doubling my broadband speed to 200mb.

I am not complaining but it brought up a few questions....

How can adding a premium product save me money? Surely VM still have to pay sky.

For months i have had regular calls offering me movies at differing prices but each time it would have pushed my bill up anywhere between £5 and £15, why was i never informed that adding movies could save me money.

What is in it for VM to get people on Sky movies? They have been very keen to get me onto Sky Movies.

Does anybody know if this will envoke a new contract? The discount on my account is for 12 months looking at the bill confirmation but there is no mention of a new agreement.
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2016, 17:15   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Why are VM so keen to get me onto movies?

Do VM pay per view or subscriber of each Sky channel? Or is a lump sum just to carry it on their system?

If it's the latter, then it's a freebie they could give away if it means they get money off you some other way.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 17:26   #3
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Double check, even though the discount is on your account for 12 months movies might only be free for 6 months. It was 6 months when they were giving BTSport away when people phoned up at price rise time last year.

A lot of people will either forget or not bother cancelling when the time is up so in that respect it's a new movies customer gained.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 17:33   #4
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

It's 12 months it states on my bill full house12 months xl tv discount full house tv sky movies discount
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote