Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Has Netflix on VM sped up?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Has Netflix on VM sped up?
View Poll Results: Has the performance of Netflix on VM improved since the recent update?
Yes. 4 25.00%
No. 7 43.75%
Other, please state in thread. 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-09-2016, 19:46   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Has Netflix on VM sped up?

There have been reports that the performance of Netflix on VM has improved.

AIUI the whole point of the recent TiVo update was to update the ageing VOD infrastructure, so if this is true, it's good to see some good come out of it.

I aren't a subscriber so can't comment, but a subscriber had this to say:

"I have noticed a speed increase in Netflix. It loads a bit faster, and reacts to remote control commands, it uses to take between 5-10 seconds to pause, but now it does it pretty instantly. Much nicer to use, it also loads to 1080p very quickly. However I have found BBC iPlayer to struggl, always buffering, yet it doesn't do it when using the main internet."

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 21-09-2016 at 19:51.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2016, 21:54   #2
Bagsy
cf.member

Bagsy can only hope to improve
Re: Has Netflix on VM speeded up?

Slower for me, I find I'm repeatedly pressing the buttons on the remote as I am not sure if is responding.
Bagsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 11:50   #3
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Has Netflix on VM sped up?

The load time has decreased slightly. The rest of the app performs as before.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 12:45   #4
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Can't say i've noticed, slightly less slow than really slow is still slow anyway.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 13:31   #5
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

improved for us, still much quicker to use the PS4 app though
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 15:26   #6
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Painfully slow. Use other Smart TV for netflix which is bit of a pain but so much quicker.There again most things are quicker than an updated Tivo box.