Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Breaking your contract with VM.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Breaking your contract with VM.

Old 11-09-2016, 22:44   #16
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Breaking your contract with VM.

.... cheers.

Fixerman, I know. But if you take vm bb on its own, it's more expensive than taking it in a bundle. So the question for me is, who do I have the bundle with?
Old 11-09-2016, 23:02   #17
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I'm the same, reluctant to leave Vm because of the broadband.

If you get a chance, can you post your experiences of Sky's bb and how it compares to your old vm bb service please?
I have Sky Fibre upto 38mb and it's been excellent , it really depends what you do on the Internet and how many use it in your house. If faster speeds are available at your address Sky Fibre Max offers upto 76mb for £15.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 23:11   #18
Horizon
Media Watcher

Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

I would need at least enough speed for a couple of Netflix/Amazon streams on at least 2 tvs and internet/web browsing on 2 or 3 devices in the evening.

Nervous about if I can do that lot on a 38mb service.... and I'm looking to go HDR next year too once all the standards have been finalised.
Old 11-09-2016, 23:15   #19
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I would need at least enough speed for a couple of Netflix/Amazon streams on at least 2 tvs and internet/web browsing on 2 or 3 devices in the evening.

Nervous about if I can do that lot on a 38mb service.... and I'm looking to go HDR next year too once all the standards have been finalised.
To be fair Netflix in HD tops out at less than 6mb , I've used Netflix UHD with someone else in the house streaming Netflix on an ipad and someone browsing without any issues hence my reluctance to pay anymore.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 23:26   #20
Horizon
Media Watcher

...thanks, good to know.
Old 11-09-2016, 23:46   #21
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Cancel owing to the subscription increase or break your contract and have all the hassle that goes with it , can't believe anyone would even ask the question it's pretty simple to most.

One word ,, 'Tool'
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:07   #22
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
You can cancel vm TV and retain the vm broadband. The Sky Q will work fine on vm broadband.
Reading on the Sky community forum most of the problems with Q connectivity comes from people with other BB providers ,BT and Virgin hubs being the most mentioned

---------- Post added at 07:07 ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 ----------

Quote:

I have Sky Q on Sky's 38mb fibre and i stream Netflix in UHD ,download and stream Sky films in UHD ,1 son playing games through a wireless connection and the other son streaming and downloading through the Q mini box with no problems at all
Old 12-09-2016, 16:03   #23
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
If they break the contract by raising the price too much i'd have thought you'd get the LRS back if you then cancel, or the portion of it?

After all they've broken the contract.
Apparently, it's in the terms & conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Why were you talking about a 'friend' VM wouldn't pass the debt on that quickly. It would take a couple of months to even get debt collection letter.

Also talking about bailiffs is getting a bit ahead of yourself. Many people have told you to use the price rise to get you out of your contract.
The correct sequence and timescale of events has already been fully explained to you.

Life isn't always as simple as you believe it to be.

Quote:
.....yes, but some of us are waiting for the new tivo while being totally dissatisfied with the current tv service and price rises.

It's difficult to know what to do. Get out now because of the price rises, or hope the new tivo comes along shortly and hope it works. A lot of hope there... If we wait for the new tivo and reports are that its bad, we may lose the window to cancel due to the price rises.
Yup, that's my problem too, you've hit the nail on the head.

What happens if the new TiVo comes out after the window to cancel because of the price rise has expired??

What if it's too expensive or also suffers from performance issues??
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 17:24   #24
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Don't worry too much Richard, at the rate VM are going there's a price rise every 4 to 6 months anyway so plenty of opportunities to leave your contract early if you wish
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 17:42   #25
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Don't worry too much Richard, at the rate VM are going there's a price rise every 4 to 6 months anyway so plenty of opportunities to leave your contract early if you wish
Aye, that's true 😂😂😂
Old 12-09-2016, 20:30   #26
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Every cloud has a silver lining. Hopefully this will be the last price rise for a year except Sky premiums.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 16:53   #27
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

The office of the CEO have now acknowledged that there is a "widespread problem" with the TiVo.

It is felt likely that the new TiVo will come out after the window to cancel has expired.

This can only strengthen any case that customers bring regarding the product not being fit for purpose.

I may ask Trading Standards for their view upon a product that broadly works, but not as well as reasonably expected.
Old 13-09-2016, 17:28   #28
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The office of the CEO have now acknowledged that there is a "widespread problem" with the TiVo.

It is felt likely that the new TiVo will come out after the window to cancel has expired.

This can only strengthen any case that customers bring regarding the product not being fit for purpose.

I may ask Trading Standards for their view upon a product that broadly works, but not as well as reasonably expected.
Good grief if you are unhappy with the service VM is providing you can always leave and use another provider using the price rise as your reason instead or pointlessly banging on about bailiffs and not fit for purpose tivos ,get over yourself and ditch them or don't ditch them
Old 13-09-2016, 17:52   #29
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

In the words of the former PM "for heavens sake just go"

Use the contract to get out, don't look back if you want to stay then accept it for what it is, you don't "have to have it" but same time the contract break is not an excuse to hold on to see if new one comes out these are two separate situation price rise and TiVo performance
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 18:08   #30
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Where did you get the information that the CEO had acknowledged that there is a major problem with the TV service?
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote