Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Catch UP TV problem - again

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Catch UP TV problem - again

Old 10-09-2016, 15:39   #16
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: Catch UP TV problem - again

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You really should! This should have been your first action, it might have been sorted for you by now.
Yes I'm sure your'e right. Anyway it seems to be ok now as. I see new content has been added (White Collar,Motive and Mr Robot to name a few).
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-09-2016, 20:22   #17
Celia Cockburn
Inactive

Celia Cockburn is an unknown quantity at this point

Having recently found catchup/on demand reduced, I spoke to Virgin today. They say that, as of 1 Sept 2016, anyone with a standard V-Box will have access to catchup ONLY for BBC, ITVHub, All4, & Channel 5. In other words, I'll have access to less than via my cheap Smart TV!

I have not seen any warnings about this, which is a reduction to my service, at the same price, and due to increase in price in Nov 2016! I've retired and now am feeling pressured to get TiVO, which I otherwise wouldn't need. Virgin aren't making it easy to reduce rather than stay on or increase my costs.
Celia Cockburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 20:55   #18
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Cockburn View Post
Having recently found catchup/on demand reduced, I spoke to Virgin today. They say that, as of 1 Sept 2016, anyone with a standard V-Box will have access to catchup ONLY for BBC, ITVHub, All4, & Channel 5. In other words, I'll have access to less than via my cheap Smart TV!

I have not seen any warnings about this, which is a reduction to my service, at the same price, and due to increase in price in Nov 2016! I've retired and now am feeling pressured to get TiVO, which I otherwise wouldn't need. Virgin aren't making it easy to reduce rather than stay on or increase my costs.
Interesting. I'm still getting some programs from the likes of sky and syfy but certainly getting less content added to my V HD box. Perhaps someone who works for virgin on here could put us in the picture? I agree we shouldn't be paying more for less!
Old 17-09-2016, 23:17   #19
murfitUK
cf.addict

murfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to all

You should be able to access all the stuff you had before but you have to look in a different place.

If you have a V box click on On demand & TVcatchup. If you then choose By Day you will only get the BBC, ITV, C4 and C5. You have to choose By Channel instead. I found this out the hard way.
murfitUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 23:33   #20
Celia Cockburn
Inactive

Celia Cockburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Catch UP TV problem - again

No; this is not true for me. I tried that initially, then every other permutation. Twice before (and once during) my 54 minute excursion with various Virgin staff today, I completely rebooted. In each case I waited 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Their Tech staff, and then their Customer Services staff confirmed that I no longer have access to more than the 4 'channels I mentioned earlier for catchup. Please note that mine is the 'silver' Samsung VBox (SMT-2110C). So not HD, not TiVO. My 'package' includes SyFy, Universal, Fox, Sky1, 2, Living, Arts; Watch, etc. Until recently I had no trouble finding these for catchup via 'Channels', but no longer.

I understand what you are suggesting, but my experience & VM info says you're wrong.
Celia Cockburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2016, 10:50   #21
telegramsam
telegramsam

My box is the V HD one,cisco. My moan is the length of time it takes to add the latest episode of some programs to catch up/on demand. I'm talking days not a few hours and it really drives me mad. The TiVo box is only slightly better but as the Mrs hogs that I have little chance to watch on that box!
Old 20-09-2016, 16:55   #22
telegramsam
telegramsam

Been waiting for the final episode of White Collar to appear on catch up TV on my V HD box but still nothing. It was on the TiVo box until today but every time I tried to watch it I was told on demand was currently unavailable! What a shambles on demand is!