Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Catch UP TV problem - again

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Catch UP TV problem - again

Old 01-09-2016, 20:09   #1
murfitUK
cf.addict

murfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to all
Catch UP TV problem - again

Since Monday I have been unable to watch catch up on any channels apart from BBC, ITV, C4 and C5.

I found this on the service status page:

We know of 1 issue in your area
When accessing catch up through the channel option you may find some icons missing EG ITV,Channel 4 on TiVo boxes only
Our engineer is working to fix the problem.
Reference no: F004715829
Fix estimate
06 September 19:00

I depend on catch up for Universal, Sky, Fox, Alibi and Sony programmes so 9 days to fix the problem seems a bit long as some of the programmes are only available for a week.

I have a V HD box (I think) but it mentions only tivo boxes above so I'm not sure if this is the same issue? Does anyone know if this is the problem I have, or is there a separate issue for my type of box?
murfitUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2016, 21:42   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Catch UP TV problem - again

That fault has been reported as TiVo-only, and TiVo engineers are working on it. Also, if you have that fault, ITV and C4 programmes are not available. So I think your fault is something different.

Can you explain exactly what is going wrong, or is missing, on your box? Have you tried a reboot?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:09   #3
murfitUK
cf.addict

murfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to all

Yes, have rebooted. And was on the phone for half an hour with faults before they said it was an area fault.

I press the home button then choose "Catch-up TV and On Demand" from the menu.
Then I choose Catch-up TV, then By Channel. This used to list BBC, ITV, All4, 5OD as well as Sky, Universal, Fox, Sony and a few others. Now, only the BBC, ITV, C4 and C5 are available - all the others have disappeared.
Old 04-09-2016, 19:22   #4
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Very frustrated that there's a lack of new content being added ti On Demand i.e. I'm currently waiting to watch the latest episode of Chicargo Fire,Mr. Robot,Justified and the last 3 episodes of White Collar. It's time Virgin and/or the tv channels got their acts together and gave us the latest episodes as soon as the 'live' episode is over.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 18:21   #5
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Still waiting for above programs to be made available on demand. Further issue today,tried to watch Chicargo Fire only to keep being told "on demand is currently unavailable,please try again in a few minutes time", which I did several times but no joy! I'm now thinking I may switch back to Sky for my tv.
Old 06-09-2016, 13:58   #6
telegramsam
telegramsam

Still waiting for all the above plus Dark Matter and last nights White Collar! Who do I complain to at Virgin anyone know?
Old 06-09-2016, 15:58   #7
murfitUK
cf.addict

At last some acknowledgement that there is a problem for non-Tivo customers. The estimated fix is 07/09 which means that it will have been 10 days.

None TiVo only customers - May find some Catch Up Content missing from the normal menus To view the content Please select Home> On Demand and Catch Up TV>TV> By Channel then select the Content from one of the Channels listed

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.

Reference no: F004730075

I've tried the work-around mentioned in the fault report and it does seem to work.
Old 07-09-2016, 11:02   #8
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfitUK View Post
At last some acknowledgement that there is a problem for non-Tivo customers. The estimated fix is 07/09 which means that it will have been 10 days.

None TiVo only customers - May find some Catch Up Content missing from the normal menus To view the content Please select Home> On Demand and Catch Up TV>TV> By Channel then select the Content from one of the Channels listed

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.

Reference no: F004730075

I've tried the work-around mentioned in the fault report and it does seem to work.
Thanks for that,was begining to think it was only me that has the problem! I will try the work around you sugested.
Old 08-09-2016, 17:02   #9
Daz/Teeside
Inactive

Daz/Teeside is on a distinguished roadDaz/Teeside is on a distinguished road

I'm experiencing lots of issues lately with my TiVo box. Now running extremely slow, constantly getting the spinning disc thing in the middle of the screen when I try and access something, freezing all the time and for the last three days my catch up has been unavailable. I've checked the status for my area and it did say there was a fault but non TiVo customers only? That fault looks like it has since been rectified, according to the status now but my issues are still there. What's the point of paying for these services if they can't be used.
Daz/Teeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 19:27   #10
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz/Teeside View Post
I'm experiencing lots of issues lately with my TiVo box. Now running extremely slow, constantly getting the spinning disc thing in the middle of the screen when I try and access something, freezing all the time and for the last three days my catch up has been unavailable. I've checked the status for my area and it did say there was a fault but non TiVo customers only? That fault looks like it has since been rectified, according to the status now but my issues are still there. What's the point of paying for these services if they can't be used.
I agree the service is a shambles. I'm still lacking all the previously mentioned programs on catch up tv on my Vhd box,and on top of that I often get the message "on demand is currently unavailable please try again later". What I find anoying is that Virgin don't bother contacting customers to say sorry.
Old 08-09-2016, 21:43   #11
Daz/Teeside
Inactive

Daz/Teeside is on a distinguished roadDaz/Teeside is on a distinguished road

I'm going to try and ring tomorrow but not expecting much joy, so I may end up at retentions and bin the lot.
Daz/Teeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 00:32   #12
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Me too, about 10 mins of watching Location location, and it stopped ,with the usual "catch up on demand isn't available at the moment" It's been like this for friggin months!! An absolute shambles of a so called service from Virgin, i'm going to leave if I do not get a decent outcome with this!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:25   #13
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Me too, about 10 mins of watching Location location, and it stopped ,with the usual "catch up on demand isn't available at the moment" It's been like this for friggin months!! An absolute shambles of a so called service from Virgin, i'm going to leave if I do not get a decent outcome with this!
Have you reported it? That may well be a fault affecting just you, and it won't get fixed if they aren't aware. Make sure you tell them the error code if one is displayed.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 19:37   #14
telegramsam
telegramsam

Still lacking new content and really getting cheesed off with it. If things don't improve over the weekend I'm going to phone to find out what on earth is going on.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:02   #15
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Still lacking new content and really getting cheesed off with it. If things don't improve over the weekend I'm going to phone to find out what on earth is going on.
You really should! This should have been your first action, it might have been sorted for you by now.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote