Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Party line?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

static on the phone line

Old 13-03-2012, 17:54   #1
harryc05
Inactive

harryc05 is an unknown quantity at this point
static on the phone line

hi i have used virgin media telephone services for years and have never had an issue but since Saturday a weird static hiss plays through the phone when someone rings or when i ring out to someone.

Heres a recording on sound cloud

http://snd.sc/wA0um6

any help would be great

i've unplugged the phone line and checked for dust ect.
harryc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2012, 18:06   #2
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts
Re: static on the phone line

Sounds to me like a loose or corroded connection; give 150 a call
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 11:05   #3
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point

yep id get them to check the Omni box first then the CAB and then the DSA
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 12:39   #4
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Apparently I had a similar problem. I couldn't hear it, but the guy at VM who I was talking to about another issue could. So he reported the fault, and it turned out that I needed another cable pulled through. Although he did check other options first.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote