Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Virgin Media Talk More home phone plans

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New Virgin Media Talk More home phone plans

Old 06-07-2016, 09:44   #1
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
New Virgin Media Talk More home phone plans

Virgin Media have updated their home phone calls plans

http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/c...tic/index.html

The new plans all now have inclusive calls to all UK mobiles and 0845 numbers.

The new top plan now covers all 08 numbers and calls to 30 international destinations.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:48   #2
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: New Virgin Media Talk More home phone plans

Seems a good deal to existing customers automatically migrate to the equivalent new plan? Thanks for the info Benmcr
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:50   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No there isn't an automatic migration. However it's a simple change to swap to the new plans.
Old 06-07-2016, 17:54   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No there isn't an automatic migration. However it's a simple change to swap to the new plans.
How? Can it be done online, or do you have to phone up? Will it affect contracts/discounts etc?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 19:07   #5
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
How? Can it be done online, or do you have to phone up? Will it affect contracts/discounts etc?
I rang up today to change to one of these new plans. First spoke to Customer Service who were useless .. said I would pay £5 more ! Rang back and went through to Retentions and he switched me over and saved me £4pcm.

I had Talk Unlimited and MultiTalk 1000. I dropped these two and added the Talk More Anytime plan ..
Old 08-07-2016, 22:45   #6
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Virgin Media have updated their home phone calls plans

http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/c...tic/index.html

The new plans all now have inclusive calls to all UK mobiles and 0845 numbers.

The new top plan now covers all 08 numbers and calls to 30 international destinations.
Try expanding the the "more info" links on the quoted page. They quote 0845 numbers as chargeable, & the UK mobiles entry points you at the Talk Mobile Extra tariff being necessary. Looks as if this page has not been updated from the old packages.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 22:48   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Oops. I'll mention that to colleagues on Monday to get fixed
Old 12-07-2016, 12:41   #8
anap
Inactive

Services: VIP with extra box (2 V6's & a TiVo)
anap will become famous soon enoughanap will become famous soon enoughanap will become famous soon enough

This link http://virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/vip.html
says that the VIP package has Talk Weekends and

this link http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles.html
says that the VIP package has

'Unlimited anytime calls to UK landlines, all 08 numbers, all UK mobile networks and 30 international destinations.'

Incidentally I get 'Talk Unlimited' with my VIP package.

Could you advise which is correct and what phone option should/could I be on with VIP.
anap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 13:11   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

There are several variations of the VIP bundle, each of which will come with a different Talk Plan.

The current version of the VIP bundle was launched this month and comes with Talk More Anytime.

Unfortunately both pages linked above are incorrect for what the Talk plan covers. I have flagged this to colleagues to be corrected as soon as possible.

Older versions of the VIP bundle came with either Talk Unlimited or Talk Unlimited Extra.
Old 14-07-2016, 12:12   #10
anap
Inactive

Services: VIP with extra box (2 V6's & a TiVo)
anap will become famous soon enoughanap will become famous soon enoughanap will become famous soon enough

I rang up yesterday and they moved me over to 'Talk More Anytime'. No other changes (price, contract etc).
anap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2016, 20:02   #11
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Nice to see caller display is still a stonking price.

Though I think the £7.25 myvm is quoting me is slightly higher than it should be :o
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 19:33   #12
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

General info please.

Hi all what is the best deal/cost for Fixed Phone (free weekend calls) and 100Mb broadband, the hard installation is all in situ already. I am doing this for my lady partners Friend.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 05:06   #13
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
General info please.

Hi all what is the best deal/cost for Fixed Phone (free weekend calls) and 100Mb broadband, the hard installation is all in situ already. I am doing this for my lady partners Friend.

Is she currently a customer?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 09:04   #14
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

No she could be a new customer.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 10:10   #15
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

We are on talk unlimited would we benefit moving to the talk more anytime or is it just the same price or more?
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote