Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connecting virgin tv to tv’s in my lounge and bedroom.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Third STB
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:03   #1
Pablo
Inactive

Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pablo
Third STB

I currently have V+ with an additional box in my bedroom. The box in the bedroom is just a standard Samsung box.

Can I run another coax from my brown box using a three way to my third bedroom then plug in another box?
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2009, 11:05   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Third STB

When you order the 3rd box from Virgin they will do all the wiring as part of £30 install fee.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:13   #3
Pablo
Inactive

Exactly £30 install fee plus the price of the box which I already have. I can do it myself, just wondering whether any updates or info needs to be sent from the third box before you can start watching.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:24   #4
sprattgraham
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP
sprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the rough

You want be able to use any box other than one they supply you with, you could ask for a self install that way you can do the cable your self. (You shouldn’t really)

If your signal is week and you split it again you could have issues.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:22   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
plus the price of the box which I already have.
Where did you get the box from?

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprattgraham View Post
you could ask for a self install that way you can do the cable your self. (You shouldn’t really)
Wouldn't work as self-install even if they would allow it.

Virgin only supply 1.5/2m work of co-ax for TV self-installs. Anything more is a Engineer visit
Old 03-01-2009, 12:28   #6
Pablo
Inactive

Got plenty of cable to get to where I need it.
Old 03-01-2009, 13:44   #7
sprattgraham
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP
sprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the roughsprattgraham is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Virgin only supply 1.5/2m work of co-ax for TV self-installs. Anything more is a Engineer visit
Doesn't mean you have to use there cable!
Old 03-01-2009, 13:50   #8
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Cable Forum will only permit discussion about the use of properly subscribed services. Thus if you wish a third set top box, you need to contact virgin media who will then provide the install and Set Top Box you require.

You cannot "choose" your own Set Top Box, you get what you are given.

Connecting a Set Top Box you have "acquired" by any other means is against the terms of use and will not be discussed here.

Undertaking your own wiring, if it is not of very good quality, can introduce interference to your own, service, and potentially others. It's not recommended and is again potentially against the terms of use.

Since this thread seems to be about circumvention of the Virgin Media Terms of use, it is now closed.
Closed Thread