Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Really dumb Virgin VBox installing question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TV offer?

Old 18-01-2008, 12:22   #1
liverpool fan
Inactive

liverpool fan is an unknown quantity at this point
TV offer?

Hi guys

A few weeks back i had a call saying because i have broadband and phone i could have virgin tv all the channels even setanta sports, all for £1 extra a month.

Whats the catch and is anyone on this offer? i have sky multi-room that costs £10 so i could cancel that and save £9 per month.

So is there something wrong with this offer?

Cheers
liverpool fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-01-2008, 12:48   #2
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy
Re: TV offer?

You wont get multi room for an extra £1
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 12:50   #3
liverpool fan
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
You wont get multi room for an extra £1
I know i have sky multi-room with SKY i get charged £10 extra for that, but if cable want to give me all the channels for £1 per month i could cancel with sky and save £9.
Old 18-01-2008, 17:23   #4
nicke261192
Inactive

Services: 1 V+ Box, 1 V Box, XL TV, L Broadband, L Phone, Sony Erricson C902 Vodafone Contract
nicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to nicke261192

Yes but you will only get 1 Virgin Box...
nicke261192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 17:45   #5
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

No becuase he will keep sky and cancel the additional box!
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 17:46   #6
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Sounds like a great offer to me.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 17:53   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

If the call was recieved before the 14th it may not be possible now

That sounds like an offer for people paying full price on phone m and bb m (£29) getting the 3 for £30 with the free XL upgrade.

That has now gone. only way to achieve the same would now be the 2 for £20 with TV M and the £9.99 Setanta bundle
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 17:54   #8
Akia

be careful with this offer because if you have any other offer on your account it won't work out at a pound.

Basically what they are offering you is the 3 4 30 deal with the free upgrade to tv xl for a year. Because the telephone and BBI work out at £29 thats why they are saying its only a pound.

The upgrade offer has now ended so you would not be able to get this anymore, but you could still get it with the L tv package.
Old 18-01-2008, 18:31   #9
liverpool fan
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLED View Post
No becuase he will keep sky and cancel the additional box!
Yep didn't think it was that hard to understand?

I have 2mb broadband but i'm on a deal of £12.50 per month then my phone £11.

Guess i'll call them and see what's what? i'm going to cancel the other sky box anyway as its hardly used, i just thought for £1 i'd get it, but if its only for 12 month or costs more than they are letting on? i'll leave it.

Thanks for the replies anyway people.
Old 18-01-2008, 18:33   #10
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpool fan View Post
Yep didn't think it was that hard to understand?
Don't worry, it wasn't lol
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote