Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Praise for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Praise for Sky

Old 31-08-2014, 20:44   #16
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Praise for Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
I didnt think Sky used Amstrad boxes anymore.

My parents moved a few months ago and had sky fitted and they used a Samsung Box.
Sky bought Amstrad all new installs now say manufactured by Sky anything else is a refurb.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2014, 07:46   #17
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I don't know.... I went back to the original package on sky and decided to get sky movies for the one month free rial they offered and it seems like they are charging me for that.

I guess we'll see how much praise I have when I speak to customer services later on
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:21   #18
Scary
Inactive

Services: Size XL 120mg BB Tivo box v+ box
Scary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of society

dilli they offer it for free for one month but you have to ring up and get it removed
Scary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:55   #19
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary View Post
dilli they offer it for free for one month but you have to ring up and get it removed
There was definitely an option to cancel it online.

In any event I was on the phone for a fair while and they tell me they have cancelled the charge (it was only on for three days)

But when I log on to my sky it's all the same so I'm not convinced they have. I will wait until tomorrow and try again I think.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:33   #20
Scary
Inactive

Scary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of societyScary is a pillar of society

call them on 03332 022 135 thats sky retentions they can look at it, it does take 31 days to remove it
Old 02-09-2014, 12:55   #21
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
call them on 03332 022 135 thats sky retentions they can look at it, it does take 31 days to remove it
It has now been removed after it was escalated. In the end I called them four times and each time I was told it had been done. I spoke to the escalations team the last time. In the end I think it was only on for four days (actually went off this morning) but I still think it shouldn't have taken this long to sort out. Still, it's all sorted out now. (At least until I make another change on my account I should think )
Old 03-09-2014, 13:13   #22
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I have a shiny new 2TB HD Box. Only got charged £49 instead of £145 so I'm chuffed
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 13:15   #23
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I have a shiny new 2TB HD Box. Only got charged £49 instead of £145 so I'm chuffed
Glad it works out ok for some

I'm still having problems with my account (and I thought it was all ok yesterday)
Old 05-09-2014, 00:24   #24
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
They are doing immediate downgrade on this offer, although in the past they made it 2 months free on the systems to allow for 31 days notice but that just lead to advisors telling customers it was 2 months free!

Quote:
I see you're on here and SkyUser but you don't have Virgin? I'm one to talk...but I WILL have Virgin again...eventually.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:52   #25
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
They are doing immediate downgrade on this offer, although in the past they made it 2 months free on the systems to allow for 31 days notice but that just lead to advisors telling customers it was 2 months free!

I see you're on here and SkyUser but you don't have Virgin? I'm one to talk...but I WILL have Virgin again...eventually.
You don't need virgin to be on here though.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:09   #26
Scary
Inactive

Quote:
i take it you have multiroom, that 2tb box should be £499 and its only available at that price if you have either multiroom or the agent nows how to get around things
Old 06-09-2014, 15:32   #27
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

We have multi room and HD
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote