Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moving house - keep contract or start again?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moving house - keep contract or start again?

Old 01-12-2013, 19:10   #1
raine
cf.member

raine is an unknown quantity at this point
Moving house - keep contract or start again?

I'm moving house in the next couple of weeks.

I currently have my TV, phone and broadband all with Sky (Sky+ HD 1TB box). I'm past my initial 12-month contract.

I'm thinking of moving the phone and broadband to BT, as I want the BT Sport channels and I think that's the only way I can get these ?? Don't want Virgin as it's much more expensive and insists on an 18mth contract.

I've looked at the Sky TV package costs, and the "Entertainment Extra" package that I currently have is £32/mth, vs. £37.17 on my existing bill. So it looks like it will be cheaper to start again.
However, I currently get Sky Sports F1 HD for free, and I think this is now chargeable in the Sky Sports pack (which I'm not planning to get). The F1 channel is on my "nice to have" list rather than my "essential" list.

I'm just trying to figure out the best way of doing my move. Cancel my existing Sky contract then start again and lose out on the F1 channel? Will I be able to use my existing Sky+ HD box, and access my existing recordings? Is it better to pay the extra £5 a month that I currently pay, and request a "move" rather than cancelling and starting again? Can I do a TV "move" with Sky if I'm cancelling the phone and broadband?

Am I right in thinking that BT can't supply the extra HD channels such as ITV4 HD, E4 HD and Dave HD? That's my main reason for wanting to stick with Sky for TV, and the hope that I can retain my recordings.

Does my Sky & BT combination look like the best option for getting BT Sports and the extra HD channels?
raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2013, 19:13   #2
tizmeinnit

Re: Moving house - keep contract or start again?

start again and buy it all through topcashback and get loads of free cash

you could in theory have your old box provisioned with a new contract with sky but I would watch what I have then get a new box