Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Looking for a TV Emulator for Windows7

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Looking for a TV Emulator for Windows7

Old 17-12-2010, 18:34   #31
tvvee
Inactive

tvvee is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Looking for a TV Emulator for Windows7

OK

But we have 1 week until christmas..
tvvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-12-2010, 18:44   #32
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvvee View Post
OK

But we have 1 week until christmas..

What's that suppose to mean?
Old 17-12-2010, 18:46   #33
tvvee
Inactive

So you can just help people
Old 17-12-2010, 18:51   #34
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvvee View Post
So you can just help people
You're not making sense now...
Old 19-12-2010, 11:10   #35
tvvee
Inactive

A Question to a driver

Good morning

First of all

I translate this text with the Googe translation... So you dont have to wonder about the Englisch

I found this driver in WinDDK by Microsoft and now have a Fraage it. His name is testcap.

It says yes

Quote:

The driver simulates the front-end components of a PC / TV, including input selection, TvTuning, TvAudio control, and digital video streaming

Does that mean I can simulate an entire TV with this driver or the driver of my beret is on the computer all TV functions like a real TV?

So I then all TV functions e.g. mitdem Windows can use Media Center in Windows 7?

I request explanation .. For obwoh I am good in English and the meaning of the driver I would have interpreted the safe side befor I try out the driver for me to ask here nochals. One probably I have interpreted the meaning of the driver, too wrong ..

Thanks for your reply.

Testcap is a sample WDM stream class video capture driver that does not require any hardware for operation. The driver simulates the front-end components of a PC / TV, including input selection, TvTuning, TvAudio control, and digital video streaming. You can use TestCap as a prototype for developing your own mini kernel streaming driver.
The component supports TvTuner tuning modes of analog TV (NTSC / PAL / SECAM), AM / FM radio, and ATSC (American Broadcast Digital Television).
Testcap appears in a DirectShow graph as four separate filters:

* Testcap Capture
* Testcap TvTuner
* Testcap TVAudio
* Testcap Crossbar

The capture filter output produces five streams, two of Which are Capture and Preview, Which produce a variety of color bars and grayscale patterns Depending on the selected video input on the crossbar. The capture and preview streams contain video samples in either YUV422 or RGB24 color spaces and offer a large number of different image dimensions. The other three streams are capture VBI (vertical blanking interval), HWCC (hardware closed captioning), and HWNABTS (hardware-North American Basic Teletext Specification). These three are VBI streams, and offer CC and NABTS simulated waveforms for decoding, and simulated hardware-decoded CC and NABTS.
TestCap contains sample implementations for almost all of the kernel streaming property sets involved in WDM video capture. Most of the property set implementations are useful only as prototypes, Which you can borrow for your own implementations because Testcap does not control actual hardware.
TestCap represents one extreme of combining all functionality representing the front end of a PC / TV into a single driver. The other extreme is to create a separate driver for each element: TvTuner, TvAudio, crossbar, and capture.
USING THE SAMPLE
The sample is completely contained TestCap in one directory. Build the sample with the standard DDK build utility. You may build the sample in either a checked or free build environment DDK. TestCap compiles for Windows 98 and later, and Windows 2000 and later operating systems. The sample then compiles for 64-bit Windows platforms. The Resulting binary from the build process is Testcap.sys, Which is compatible on x86 and Alpha platforms.
Testcap is not a PnP driver, and because no hardware is involved you must manually install it:

* Right-click My Computer and select Properties. Select the Hardware tab. Then select the Hardware Wizard and then add new hardware.
* Click Next when you see "To install hardware Which is not Plug and Play compatible, click Next."
* Select "No, I want to select the hardware from a list."
* When you see "What type of hardware do you want to install", select Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
* Select "Have Disk .."
* Browse to "Testcap.inf.
* Browse to "Testcap.sys" when requested.

TestCap has been tested with the following applicatons: graphedt.exe, AMCap.exe, and WebTV for Windows.
The Windows Hardware and Driver Central website contains general information on driver and hardware development.
The website contains information on Microsoft DirectX DirectShow.
Old 19-12-2010, 11:17   #36
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Please keep to the same thread on what is the same subject
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 11:19   #37
tvvee
Inactive

OK

Sorry for that..
Old 19-12-2010, 11:37   #38
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Round and round we go, Where we stop nobody knows

Linux is not windows and windows is not ubuntu.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 11:43   #39
tvvee
Inactive

Hello

OK

I set up now a virtual Machine with Windowsvista..

So what does the driver do?
Old 19-12-2010, 11:45   #40
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Exactly what it says in the translated file
Old 19-12-2010, 12:06   #41
tvvee
Inactive

So it simulates a TV Screen on my Computer right?
Old 19-12-2010, 12:11   #42
Kymmy
Inactive

No, it simulates a capture device
Old 19-12-2010, 14:01   #43
tvvee
Inactive

But i can also watch TV with this device..
Old 19-12-2010, 14:09   #44
Kymmy
Inactive

It's not a television
Old 19-12-2010, 14:14   #45
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Reminds of a quiz show

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote