Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | My Connection...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Totally confused re the upgrades and when happening..

Old 06-03-2012, 15:27   #1
Andagha
cf.member

Andagha is an unknown quantity at this point
Totally confused re the upgrades and when happening..

I'm totally confused as the title says regarding the upgrades etc.. Now according to one page on VM it says I won't be getting my upgrade to 100mb till July, but on the PDF it says GILL is now available..so who is right? I have rebooted the WNR2000v2 several times, changed the router channel to 5 instead of manual and have an "N" WNDA3100 Netgear USB access point.. After doing all this I am only reaching 49.78mb on Speedtest - yes I know this is good for 50m, but am I supposed to be on 100mb now or do Virgin have to activate something or other.

Also not sure if my router is the correct one for this 100mb, although it does say can reach speeds of up to 300mb. Everyone keeps talking about a Superhub.. As you can see I am totally and utterly confused - no good asking my husband as he is really clueless when it comes to computers and leaves it all up to me to sort out.

So I am hoping one of you nice guys on here can possible help me out..

Sorry if this is a bit garbled but I have tried to explain it as much as I can

Many thanks xx
Andagha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2012, 15:30   #2
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Totally confused re the upgrades and when happening..

ok, ill try excxplain

100mb pdf is saying when 100mb will be available in yoru area to ugprade to ata addiotnal cost.

the 100mb upgrade tiem scale is when everyone will be upgrade to 100mb for free and 100mb cusotmer have aprice reduction

i wouldnt worry about the wirelss speeds just make sure oyu can get the full speed on wired
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 15:33   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You are confusing two seperate upgrade programmes. The PDF is to enable areas for 100Mbit and is not connected with speed increases

As you are on XXL, when you will get 100Mbit is on this site www.virginmedia.com/doublespeed
Old 06-03-2012, 15:36   #4
Andagha
cf.member

Andagha is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much Andrew and Ben, it now makes sense to me.

I'm quite happy with the 50mb that we are paying for at the moment, especially as we are reaching it nearly on wireless which the router/modem is designed for.

Now I know when the update is coming then I will sit and wait for July or sooner

Thank you for explaining it in laymans terms for me
Andagha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 18:55   #5
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Nearly? Looks like you're spot on. Although that router should be able to do well over 100, your connection cannot.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote