Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Puncture Repair Spray

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Puncture Repair Spray

Old 31-07-2006, 17:59   #16
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude
Re: Puncture Repair Spray

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
The car I am looking to buy doesn't come with a spare wheel (You can get one as an optional extra). It comes with a "Puncture Repair Spray". How do these work, and is it a viable alternative to having a spare wheel?
I thought ( I'm positive ) having a spare was a requirement for M.O.T. surely if this is the case then the company is sending the car out of the showroom in an un-roadworthy condition, maybe breaking the law to boot
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-07-2006, 18:01   #17
r1ch
Inactive

r1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation erar1ch has entered a golden reputation era

Nope - it's a warning but not a fail for a car to be missing its spare on an M.O.T. test. I know because we needed a new alloy wheel last time the test was due on one of our cars.
r1ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 18:05   #18
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ch
Nope - it's a warning but not a fail for a car to be missing its spare on an M.O.T. test. I know because we needed a new alloy wheel last time the test was due on one of our cars.
I stand corrected.....again even google's not my friend today
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 18:32   #19
daz300
Inactive

Services: walking speed BB and tivo
daz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to alldaz300 is a name known to all

link to slime.com
daz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 18:52   #20
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I used the slime (it is full of tiny fibres that block puncture holes).

I followed the instructions and poured it into the (good) tyre on a motorbike. It then said to "inflate to normal pressure and drive gently to distribute the fluid". It was liking driving with a square wheel for a few hundred yards.... and ditto if the bike had been unused for a few days (the fluid probably collected at the bottom of the tyre each time).

Then disaster..... I checked the tyre pressure with a gauge... a little spurt of air came out... followed by a short spurt of slime that instantly set rock hard in the valve.... it was drill job to get the valve out for replacement.....
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 18:58   #21
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopdude
I stand corrected.....again even google's not my friend today
If the car does have a spare it will fail if the spare is illegal but if it's not there it won't fail.
Old 31-07-2006, 21:26   #22
fireman328
Inactive

fireman328 has reached the bronze age
fireman328 has reached the bronze agefireman328 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ
If the car does have a spare it will fail if the spare is illegal but if it's not there it won't fail.
There is a Tommy Cooper logic somewhere in this.
Bottle Glass Glass Bottle
fireman328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 22:05   #23
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman328
There is a Tommy Cooper logic somewhere in this.
Bottle Glass Glass Bottle
lol
Old 31-07-2006, 23:19   #24
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

You can't drive like a bat out of hell neither - had to stick to 40 mph or slower. Liable to come apart otherwise, which would be bad.

I guess with modern cars being really tiny, like my mate's Kia (have to put the shopping on the back seat - boot's too small), there's no room for a spare tyre.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 23:45   #25
carlingman
Inactive

carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal
carlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appealcarlingman has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler
No, it inflates as well if it's like the one from Holts.

Click on here & scroll down to Maintenance > Holts Tyreweld
Tyre weld is good stuff for disabling alarm systems.

Alledgly so I am told.

carlingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 13:41   #26
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I carry a can for emergency's, I suppose it is a good short term measure
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 14:47   #27
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Our Picanto has one of these kits, came with a pump as well powered by the lighter socket. Fantastic thing it is ideal if your wanting to top up your pressure before you go out and if you get a puncture you can add the slim stuff. However Claire did forget to pump up a flat tyre before heading out and had a blowout.

The free RAC cover was used and all ended well.

We could get a spare for £90 but we are just tight
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 15:25   #28
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Apparently the car doesn't come with a spare due to the layout of the exhausts. Don't know if that means if you get one it has to roll about the boot! Will ask when I'm next down.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote