Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Oh no!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

On VIP 50 - Is Caller ID free, and what about 0845?

Old 07-04-2012, 18:13   #1
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold
On VIP 50 - Is Caller ID free, and what about 0845?

The threads below are not very clear, so are these included or chargeable?
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2012, 22:25   #2
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light
Re: On VIP 50 - Is Caller ID free, and what about 0845?

Both are chargeable on VIP50.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:26   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Bur 0845 is free on VIP collection
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 00:23   #4
Risco
Inactive

Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, bit of a con!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:13   #5
Risco
Inactive

Just rang them up, and she told me I will get it for free!
Old 12-04-2012, 23:49   #6
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Just rang them up, and she told me I will get it for free!
What, the 0845 bit free you mean?
Old 13-04-2012, 17:19   #7
Risco
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
What, the 0845 bit free you mean?
No, caller display. Damn thing not activated yet, as there is apparently issues on the system. ROFL par for the course with Virgin...
Old 13-04-2012, 23:43   #8
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

I phoned up to ask why we never had Caller I.D. they told me it was £2.50 a month extra?

We have just come back to VM, and took their top talk time package, weird really, as we got it free the last time we were with V/M?
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 00:48   #9
David H
cf.member

Services: Virgin XL TV, 100 meg broadband
David H is an unknown quantity at this point

It's never been free here, I don't think most of my phones get it anyway but would be nice to see if I could. Total waste of money though just to learn something I'd know a second later when I picked up. It's not as if mobiles charge for it, mine even offers free call waiting (same company as it goes, maybe it goes to subsidise the mobile service?).
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 00:55   #10
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

I had caller ID activated about a fortnight ago, free of charge, was told it would take up to 24 hours for it to work. I'm not on the VIP package.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 14:23   #11
mikcoles
Inactive

Services: VirginMedia Premier collection.
mikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Bur 0845 is free on VIP collection
Yes just upgraded to VIP Collection, swear they said 0845 numbers were free for up to 250 mins per month.
mikcoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 20:31   #12
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikcoles View Post
Yes just upgraded to VIP Collection, swear they said 0845 numbers were free for up to 250 mins per month.
That is correct.
Old 08-05-2012, 22:35   #13
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

Well I never knew that, so that's another plus for V/M
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote