Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Donations to Claire Squires' JustGiving page top 100k after her death

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

GlaxoSmithKline Families face battle over dangerous diabetes drug

Old 30-01-2013, 13:30   #1
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
GlaxoSmithKline Families face battle over dangerous diabetes drug

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...ht-uk-diabetes

This caught my eye what a shocking state off affairs ove the drug Avandia.

Why have uk families being made to fight tooth and nail for compensation for there Evil practises over this drug. Despite that it has agreed an out of court deal to pay billions of dollars to settle similar claims in the US.

How evil this company is to put those families through all this.

Simply shocking is the report that they concealed harmful side effects

Quote:
The manufacturer, GlaxoSmithKline, has admitted concealing data about the damaging side-effects of the drug, and there is evidence of the drug's harmful effects. But, despite this, GSK is not prepared to settle claims in the UK without a court fight.
Surely there even grounds for corporate manslaughter for there actions.

Yet we have governments out there who think its good to relax redtape, seems its not high enough to allow sharp practises in pharma industry.

I am on one there medications at moment I starting to worry if I can trust this company any more. Has this been one off incident or they concealed other drugs harmful side effects.

Should we audit drug companies closer to minimise risks of deceit.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2013, 14:24   #2
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: GlaxoSmithKline Families face battle over dangerous diabetes drug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post

I am on one there medications at moment I starting to worry if I can trust this company any more. Has this been one off incident or they concealed other drugs harmful side effects.
I would ask myself if I had any side effects of any kind -if not I would think I was OK. As these tests are basically just that. A. takes new drug for say pins & needles -then keeps falling over , did not before taking them & stops once off them again. Side effect perhaps. Long term who knows it just that long term
Old 30-01-2013, 15:29   #3
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
I would ask myself if I had any side effects of any kind -if not I would think I was OK. As these tests are basically just that. A. takes new drug for say pins & needles -then keeps falling over , did not before taking them & stops once off them again. Side effect perhaps. Long term who knows it just that long term
thanks itshin yep agree side effects dont effect everyone its a guide but companies should be more open rather hide data. In some cases we may been in past overly cautious. Drugs which could helped people been canned. The action GSK could make it more cautious in future of new drugs with miss-trust.

I get palpitations from the seretide but its listed by the company as side effect and doc said its fine have regular checks to make sure its ok.
Old 30-01-2013, 18:05   #4
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

For a good eye opening run down of drug companies & what they get up to read Big Pharma & Bad Pharma
Old 30-01-2013, 18:51   #5
mertle
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
For a good eye opening run down of drug companies & what they get up to read Big Pharma & Bad Pharma
thanks ramrod this scary stuff just watched ted vid of bad science where he is doctor who questions why pharma companies holding data.

He was on about psychotic drugs and the tamiflu as examples.

Worth listening too for 14 mins.

http://www.ted.com/talks/ben_goldacr...d_science.html

That stuff on wikki on bad pharma is very scary

Just makes you scared what medication your on It A) really helping or B) underhanded way to make you worse as this is big business.

Sounds this with holding data is more common makes it harder for doctors to make better judgement to effective treatment of there patients.
Old 30-01-2013, 20:58   #6
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Yes, that Ben Goldacre TED talks lecture was good