Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 12-12-2016, 15:35   #2311
mcgillca
cf.member

mcgillca is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
The rather bigger issue is if like me do you use the scart output to your Slingbox? if so the V6 does not have a scart socket so you would have to buy a HDMI splitter to get anything out of it.
Due to this reason I am keeping my TiVo but in the bedroom just to keep the Slingbox connected to that.
Hi - I use an HDFury - this allows me to transmit an HD signal - much better quality than I was getting from the SCART socket. No need for an HDMI splitter since there is (at least on mine) an HDMI pass through.

However, I have used an HDMI splitter to allow me to use an HD TV encoder which then gets distributed to other TVs in the house and and I can now see HD quality images there too.

Colin
mcgillca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2016, 16:56   #2312
SENSE
bc0041

SENSE is an unknown quantity at this point

Do these V6 upgrade prices look right to you guys? Prices are far lower than those quoted on here... (Through My Virgin Media)
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0157.PNG (311.5 KB, 91 views)
SENSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 17:02   #2313
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSE View Post
Do these V6 upgrade prices look right to you guys? Prices are far lower than those quoted on here... (Through My Virgin Media)
You seem to have avioded the normal deal but that's good and don't question it
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 17:12   #2314
djs9750
cf.member

djs9750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Just been chatting to someone online and we are getting 2 V6 boxes installed and activated for near on £115 on the 10th of February as that was the first date they could give us.
That is what I was quoted online as well but after reading the post earlier about a free box for VIP customers I phoned up and it changed to 64.94 for the two boxes. If you are on VIP it might be worth a phone call.
djs9750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 17:16   #2315
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs9750 View Post
That is what I was quoted online as well but after reading the post earlier about a free box for VIP customers I phoned up and it changed to 64.94 for the two boxes. If you are on VIP it might be worth a phone call.
Sadly we ain't on VIP so we have to pay the extra but with a Sky Movies and Sports discount for the next 12 months and a loyalty discount we are pretty happy with our lot.
Old 12-12-2016, 17:16   #2316
SENSE
bc0041

SENSE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
You seem to have avioded the normal deal but that's good and don't question it
Yeah, I was bit surprised when I first saw it. I guess I'll go through it
SENSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 17:23   #2317
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Just been told my bill will go up from £56 a month to £103.50 plus £49.99 install and £14.99 activation to get a new T6 urm WTF!
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 17:26   #2318
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
Just been told my bill will go up from £56 a month to £103.50 plus £49.99 install and £14.99 activation to get a new T6 urm WTF!
The billing from virgin is a total joke!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 17:27   #2319
djs9750
cf.member

djs9750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Sadly we ain't on VIP so we have to pay the extra but with a Sky Movies and Sports discount for the next 12 months and a loyalty discount we are pretty happy with our lot.
Nice one
djs9750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 17:27   #2320
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Who did you talk to? as that certainly does not sound right as also what is your package?.
Old 12-12-2016, 17:33   #2321
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Quote:
Who did you talk to? as that certainly does not sound right as also what is your package?.
Online chat

Was told that i would need to give up all my existing discounts (and sign a new 12 month deal) in order to change my box. As well as paying an extra £7.50 a month for the V6 and paying the install and activations fees.

I currently get

Eve calls and phone line
200mb broadband
XL TV + Sky Movies (1 TIVO & ! V+HD)
Old 12-12-2016, 17:50   #2322
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Online chat

Was told that i would need to give up all my existing discounts (and sign a new 12 month deal) in order to change my box. As well as paying an extra £7.50 a month for the V6 and paying the install and activations fees.

I currently get

Eve calls and phone line
200mb broadband
XL TV + Sky Movies (1 TIVO & ! V+HD)
l would phone them up if l was you as have you agreed to the new contract yet as we had some discounts on my old contract and our bill has not gone up much with the new contract we have agreed today as we have discounts on that as well
Old 12-12-2016, 18:01   #2323
Bananaman_007
Inactive

I certainly did not agree to pay that, politely declined
Old 12-12-2016, 18:02   #2324
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Getting fed up now . Long story short ordered 2xv6 boxes on the first day ordering went live was told then by someone on here that the order was only for 1x v6 box as my charges were 64.99 which was the 1x box price. After 20 phone calls to virgin I manage to get them to charge for 2 x v6 boxes but with an install date of the 1st Feb though not to worry if I ring up today they will get me another earlier date. So I ring up today she says she will cancel the order and redo to get a earlier date. Ok I said so she cancels order and puts new through 2x v6 boxes at a charge of 64.95 for the two which is correct as I'm on VIP and should get one box free plus bonus install date ofnthis Wed yay . So I think all sorted?. WRONG. Just had a phone call from a virgin advisor to say they noticed I had 2x v6 boxes on the order but installer can only fir one as your only allowed one v 6 per home. Managed to persuade him to not touch my order. But now I have no clue if I'll get 2xv6 or 1 total disaster from day one
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 18:05   #2325
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by markliffen@googl View Post
Getting fed up now . Long story short ordered 2xv6 boxes on the first day ordering went live was told then by someone on here that the order was only for 1x v6 box as my charges were 64.99 which was the 1x box price. After 20 phone calls to virgin I manage to get them to charge for 2 x v6 boxes but with an install date of the 1st Feb though not to worry if I ring up today they will get me another earlier date. So I ring up today she says she will cancel the order and redo to get a earlier date. Ok I said so she cancels order and puts new through 2x v6 boxes at a charge of 64.95 for the two which is correct as I'm on VIP and should get one box free plus bonus install date ofnthis Wed yay . So I think all sorted?. WRONG. Just had a phone call from a virgin advisor to say they noticed I had 2x v6 boxes on the order but installer can only fir one as your only allowed one v 6 per home. Managed to persuade him to not touch my order. But now I have no clue if I'll get 2xv6 or 1 total disaster from day one
You are allowed up to three v6 boxes i dont know where they get all this crap from
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote