Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Quad Play to launch his week

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Quad Play to launch his week

Old 05-10-2006, 08:50   #46
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one
Re: Quad Play to launch his week

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
Interesting - Virgin confirmed to me by email that this was a limited time offer and ceases on 31st Dec.
I suspect this is just to cover themselves in the future.

The 3 for £30 has been a limited time offer only available to the end of the respective month for over a year now!
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2006, 17:12   #47
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Interesting then - my Orange contract expires 13th January. Do I wait - or do I decide to buy myself out of one month's contract?!
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 17:22   #48
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
Interesting then - my Orange contract expires 13th January. Do I wait - or do I decide to buy myself out of one month's contract?!
You could always start your Virgin contract in December and then port your Orange number into Virgin in January.
Old 08-10-2006, 23:26   #49
DanTheMan
Inactive

Services: 2MB Broadband & Phone
DanTheMan is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't have to have the four services to get the £10 sim, you can add it to a Broadband package if you like, some examples of packages inc the £10 sim are here:

http://www.home.ntl.com/page/virginmobile&log=4

Am thinking of signing up myself
DanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 00:29   #50
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
You don't have to have the four services to get the £10 sim, you can add it to a Broadband package if you like, some examples of packages inc the £10 sim are here:

http://www.home.ntl.com/page/virginmobile&log=4

Am thinking of signing up myself
aside from the fact your going to be tied to 2 seperate T&Cs,
given that this Virgin mobile is part of NTL:tw now, that NT:tw are a phone communications company, and you, as a customer for this deal might want to ring NTL:tw on their freephone 0800 no's, why is it that the Virgin mobile T&C for this offer charges you to the second for ringing any freephone 0800 No's ?,shouldnt NTL:tw customers at least get a break and not be charged for these freephone 0800 No's.
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...e.footer.sm068
"
2(h) The voice calls available within your monthly allowance described in condition 2(c) are for UK originating: calls to UK fixed lines, calls and text messages to Virgin Mobile or other UK mobile telephone numbers, calls to Group Call, 0800 numbers and Pagers, Call Return and Standard WAP. All calls are charged by the second, rounded up to the nearest second and text messages are charged per text message."
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:59   #51
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post
and you, as a customer for this deal might want to ring NTL:tw on their freephone 0800 no's, why is it that the Virgin mobile T&C for this offer charges you to the second for ringing any freephone 0800 No's ?,shouldnt NTL:tw customers at least get a break and not be charged for these freephone 0800 No's."
When all said and done - you're getting 300 minutes of calls to any network per month inclusive in that £10 fee. With the Orange network I was on - although calls to freephone (therefore not NTL:Telewest customer faults which is free from NTL:Telewest phones only on 150) were free, but I only had 20 mins of calls, and this was costing me £13.50 per month. So for £3.50 less per month, I now get 220 minutes of calls extra.

And I decided to go over to Virgin now - transfer the number later in the year, and probably forgo the final month of the Orange contract.

On another note - has anyone had any experience of getting Orange to unlock their phones? I requested an unlock code from them over a week ago - and nothing has appeared yet in my inbox as promised.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:49   #52
King Of Fools
Inactive

Quote:
On another note - has anyone had any experience of getting Orange to unlock their phones? I requested an unlock code from them over a week ago - and nothing has appeared yet in my inbox as promised.
When I did this, Orange sent me a letter with the details after a couple of weeks saying that they had tried ringing me but my phone was turned off.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:52   #53
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Just chased Orange for the unlock code - excuse is there may be a backlog with Sony Ericsson - but ten days??? In this day of electronic communication, it's a little long to wait!
Old 09-10-2006, 13:29   #54
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Can you have more than one sim at £10 per sim per month?

My current contract with O2 has two numbers
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 13:41   #55
DanTheMan
Inactive

Services: 2MB Broadband & Phone
DanTheMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
Can you have more than one sim at £10 per sim per month?

My current contract with O2 has two numbers
The two people that Sparky spoke to from Virgin Mobile about the new tarriff have both told him that the offer is restricted to two people per NTL/Telewest account.
DanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 14:28   #56
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

CLARITY FROM VIRGIN
Thanks for your email to Virgin Mobile about the offer regarding existing Ntl:Telewest customers.

We'd like to take this opportunity to apologise for the delay in replying to your email as we're currently experiencing a high email volume at the moment.

We're happy to advise that the Virgin Mobile part of the package is a Pay Monthly SIM Only product, offering 300 minutes and 300 texts for just £10!

If you're an Ntl:Telewest triple play customer, on their 3 for £30 deal, you'll be offered 4 for £40 with our Virgin Mobile Pay Monthly SIM Only product, plus a free Lobster 575 phone in either pink or black!

Anyone else will be offered the Pay Monthly SIM Only for just £10 plus what you pay for cable, with the opportunity to buy a Lobster 575 at £29.99 - that's half the normal price!

Alternatively you can purchase any other phone in our Pay As You Go range.

And as part of our October promotion you'll get £35 airtime with any phone over £49 - Joining pack required! Or you'll get £30 airtime with any phone over £39 - No Joining pack required!

We can advise that in order to take part in this deal you'll need to speak to our sales team who can be contacted in calling any of the numbers below. ......
Old 10-10-2006, 12:59   #57
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Has anyone actually had the pink Lobster phone?
Old 10-10-2006, 21:50   #58
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Ok - took the plunge and decided to go with the £10 per month (300 mins plus 300 sms).
Firstly Lynx Delivery were supposed to deliver the phone on Monday - for some inexplicable reason, it was routed to Manchester instead of Northampton, meaning someone had to wait in another day.
Then added the phone number to the online account, and thought it strange that it showed £5 credit, and no direct debit details. It seems that the account has been set up as PAYG and not the £10 contract rate. I have to wait for accounts to call me in the morning.

If anyone else takes up the offer - check the account set up online immediately, otherwise you might not have the account you quite thought you had.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:33   #59
SparkyM
Inactive

SparkyM is an unknown quantity at this point

I also noticed the £5 thing in my online account. I found this odd at the time since the new Virgin SIM had only been in my phone for a matter of minutes and then only to set up Virgin Voicemail [at the time I was waiting for my 02 number to be ported over and I thought it'd make life simpler if I kept the two things seperate.] I contacted Virgin for an explanation of how I had managed to run up £5 in such a short time. A clue, I guess, should have been the absence of any calls in the online account records.
Anyway, I shall attempt to pass on here the explanation I was given...
Apparently the new £10 Virgin SIM comes with £5 of calling credit on it so what I/you are seeing is that £5. My understanding is that when the first £10 becomes due it will actually only cost me £5 and then in the coming months it will revert to being £10 per month. Does that make sense? I agree the situation isnt exactly made clear by the £5 being shown in that way in the online bill. Give them a ring and maybe they will make a better job of explaining it than me.
SparkyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 18:05   #60
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyM View Post
I also noticed the £5 thing in my online account. I found this odd at the time since the new Virgin SIM had only been in my phone for a matter of minutes and then only to set up Virgin Voicemail [at the time I was waiting for my 02 number to be ported over and I thought it'd make life simpler if I kept the two things seperate.] I contacted Virgin for an explanation of how I had managed to run up £5 in such a short time. A clue, I guess, should have been the absence of any calls in the online account records.
Anyway, I shall attempt to pass on here the explanation I was given...
Apparently the new £10 Virgin SIM comes with £5 of calling credit on it so what I/you are seeing is that £5. My understanding is that when the first £10 becomes due it will actually only cost me £5 and then in the coming months it will revert to being £10 per month. Does that make sense? I agree the situation isnt exactly made clear by the £5 being shown in that way in the online bill. Give them a ring and maybe they will make a better job of explaining it than me.
if you're showing the £5 credit online, it's possible they have set you up with PAYG, and not the direct debit contract rate of £10 for 300+300.
Call customer service on 789 and check with them - but accounts department closes in the evening, although customer service is there 24 hours.