Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 22:46   #1051
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post

To think that's an issue that solely falls on Trump though, in my view half of the modern world is built upon those same practices. But if we go there, we'll end up in power mongering and greed debates.

All in all, we have to make debate with what we have but I and I assume others still think neither Clinton or Trump should've got that far, so something is broken and that something that is broken is a bigger issue than the current media circus. If we all suddenly went UKIP next election there'd be a reason why we did it.
We're discussing Trump so I reckon the nepotism question is relevant.
I just don't see a good reason from a risk-benefit perspective for Trump to employ his daughter. She doesn't need the money and he must have lots of loyal and capable employees from his companies who would happily serve him in his presidential role. If she's not being paid though, then I can't see any problem with it.
In contrast, I can see how in France a poorer Francois Fillon might feel that employing his wife helps the family coffers, despite the potential reputational risks.
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2017, 00:10   #1052
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Remember Trump likes to get his own way. He has the USA has his toy. He likes to win.

Sadly, Judges in America overrule him. Trump knows about money. I will give him another six months.
Old 02-04-2017, 00:13   #1053
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I just don't see a good reason from a risk-benefit perspective for Trump to employ his daughter. She doesn't need the money and he must have lots of loyal and capable employees from his companies who would happily serve him in his presidential role. If she's not being paid though, then I can't see any problem with it.
In contrast, I can see how in France a poorer Francois Fillon might feel that employing his wife helps the family coffers, despite the potential reputational risks.
Hardly nepotism as she's unpaid.

Quote:
Ivanka Trump is taking an official but unpaid role as a special assistant to her father, the White House has confirmed.
Link
Old 02-04-2017, 00:21   #1054
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

Link
Nepotism isn't about pay,. It's about power and influence, favouring family and friends.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 02-04-2017, 00:34   #1055
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

What you mean like the Clinton, Bush and Kennedy clans?
Old 02-04-2017, 00:54   #1056
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

Link
Although it's still nepotism, I have stated that I don't have a problem with it if she's unpaid.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:12   #1057
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
I have to disagree with you here. What a White House staffer gets paid is peanuts compared to her personal wealth or indeed the wealth of most families who occupy the White House.

She has the position because she is his daughter .. and that's nepotism.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

Quote:
Although it's still nepotism, I have stated that I don't have a problem with it if she's unpaid.
This I do not understand. What has pay got to do with it? The pay would be an irrelevance to her ..
Old 02-04-2017, 01:16   #1058
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I have to disagree with you here. What a White House staffer gets paid is peanuts compared to her personal wealth or indeed the wealth of most families who occupy the White House.

She has the position because she is his daughter .. and that's nepotism.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

This I do not understand. What has pay got to do with it? The pay would be an irrelevance to her ..
First off - yes, I agree it's nepotism. I don't have a problem with Trump having her as an adviser. He should absolutely have a range of advisers from different, complementary backgrounds and skills. It's a highly stressful job being a US President and having an adviser in the family may be useful.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:02   #1059
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
First off - yes, I agree it's nepotism. I don't have a problem with Trump having her as an adviser. He should absolutely have a range of advisers from different, complementary backgrounds and skills. It's a highly stressful job being a US President and having an adviser in the family may be useful.
I agree. She's a bilingual, successful, business woman with an economics degree and strong leadership skills and family members all take a role in supporting each other anyway.

And she's very easy on the eye which is qualification enough in my book
Old 02-04-2017, 08:56   #1060
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
The problem is that not only is it blatant nepotism but Ivanka is one of the children running Trumps Business empire along with the other 2 who are on his transition team advising Trump who to put into positions of power and of course she is married to Jared Kushner who is also on the white house staff.The fact that she is not getting paid is irrelevant ,she has access to all sorts of sensitive information and she sits in on meetings with high profile leaders and daddy has put her in the perfect position to further not only her own career but his own fortunes.Add to that the fact that Trump sold himself as a leader different to all the 'Clintons' of the world he has shown himself time and time again to be no different ,probably worse than them ,basically he's made complete mugs of half of America

Old 02-04-2017, 10:18   #1061
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
The problem is that not only is it blatant nepotism but Ivanka is one of the children running Trumps Business empire along with the other 2 who are on his transition team advising Trump who to put into positions of power and of course she is married to Jared Kushner who is also on the white house staff.The fact that she is not getting paid is irrelevant ,she has access to all sorts of sensitive information and she sits in on meetings with high profile leaders and daddy has put her in the perfect position to further not only her own career but his own fortunes.Add to that the fact that Trump sold himself as a leader different to all the 'Clintons' of the world he has shown himself time and time again to be no different ,probably worse than them ,basically he's made complete mugs of half of America
Why is it irrelevant ? Can you provide valid reasons this time without the one sided, negative, less than factual crap ?
Old 02-04-2017, 17:19   #1062
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Why is it irrelevant ? Can you provide valid reasons this time without the one sided, negative, less than factual crap ?
i have given valid reasons if you bothered to read ,if you disagree and think nepotism is a good thing for trump then how about you post some valid reasons to justify it instead of the dismissive rubbish you usually post

Old 02-04-2017, 18:31   #1063
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

How about you both stop acting like children.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 02-04-2017, 18:44   #1064
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
i have given valid reasons
Where ?
Old 03-04-2017, 14:10   #1065
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39475178
Quote:
US President Donald Trump has said the United States will "solve" the nuclear threat from North Korea, with or without China's help.
Super, that's all we need. Its worrying that a conflict might be the only way to deflect from Donald's problems... A tried and tested strategy by many a struggling world leader.

(ps. where have 'the children' gone, it's no fun anylonger )
Closed Thread