Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 31-08-2017, 16:33   #2446
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Also on Freeview channel (95) but not yet on Youview at the time of posting.
It should be on Freeview and Youview in areas where COM8 can be received.

Advertisement
Old 31-08-2017, 16:37   #2447
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
It should be on Freeview and Youview in areas where COM8 can be received.
Given that I can pick up Freesports on Freeview (via my digital DVD recorder) I find it strange that it is not yet on youview (through my Smart TV). I suppose this must be because youview have to go through a process to load the channel onto their system.
Old 31-08-2017, 16:44   #2448
jj20x

Quote:
Given that I can pick up Freesports on Freeview (via my digital DVD recorder) I find it strange that it is not yet on youview (through my Smart TV). I suppose this must be because youview have to go through a process to load the channel onto their system.
It is channel 95 on Youview, and taken off-air (where available) on BT / Talk Talk Youview boxes. Effectively, the channel is only on BT and Talk Talk as it is carried on DTT. It's not in the 300-599 range of Youview streamed channels.

Old 31-08-2017, 19:52   #2449
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Another Virgin Media exclusive for their on demand service.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2017/08/virg...mber-premiere/

Virgin Media is adding a third exclusive U.S. scripted acquisition to their current slate. The company has secured the UK rights to TNT’s drama series Good Behavior, starring Downtown Abbey‘s Michelle Dockery, after striking a deal with international distributor Turner International. It joins Ash Vs. Evil Dead and Imposters, both of which also air exclusively in the UK on the Virgin Media platform

Good Behavior will be available on Virgin TV On-Demand from Monday September 11th, when the first six episodes from season one will be available. A new episode will then be released every Monday, through to the season one finale on October 9th. The following week, on Monday October 16th, Virgin will make the season two premiere available and will release new episodes every Monday, less than 24 hours after they air on TNT in the United States.
Old 31-08-2017, 19:57   #2450
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Bike TV fell off it Bike.

Media Boy HQ has found out Bike TV has been put up for sale by Bike Media UK Ltd. A sale will be executed at the earliest opportunity. All expressions of interest must be registered by no later than 31st August 2017. The contact for this business for sale is acting on behalf of the proposed administrators.

http://www.business-sale.com/busines...on-641345.html

Bike TV is on Virgin UK Channel 552.

Source: Business Sale.com

©copyright 2017 Media Boy 2006 - 2017. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 31-08-2017, 21:03   #2451
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

As well as MTV Beats, Viacom 18 are also going to add Rishtey Cineplex to VM:

https://www.bizasialive.com/rishtey-...-media-launch/

Odd that only one is testing though.

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Norwich's Mustard TV is to close on Thursday 31st August, with a special programme to mark the occasion.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/08/m...-to-close.html

Mustard TV is on Virgin UK Channel 159 in some Norwich areas.
So if it closed at 7pm and That's TV take over next month, what are they showing in the meantime? Surely closing it for a time isn't a good idea for viewer retention. In addition, could Ofcom revoke their licence? Could the various platforms temporarily remove it from their EPG's?

I'd have thought that they'd want to make the process seamless.
Old 31-08-2017, 21:24   #2452
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
So if it closed at 7pm and That's TV take over next month, what are they showing in the meantime? Surely closing it for a time isn't a good idea for viewer retention. In addition, could Ofcom revoke their licence? Could the various platforms temporarily remove it from their EPG's?

I'd have thought that they'd want to make the process seamless.
Probably a promo trailer for That's Norwich. They only broadcast from 6pm to 11pm anyway. Actually, if it simply stopped broadcasting for a while, would anyone notice?

Old 31-08-2017, 21:52   #2453
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Bike TV fell off it Bike.

Media Boy HQ has found out Bike TV has been put up for sale by Bike Media UK Ltd. A sale will be executed at the earliest opportunity. All expressions of interest must be registered by no later than 31st August 2017. The contact for this business for sale is acting on behalf of the proposed administrators.

http://www.business-sale.com/busines...on-641345.html

Bike TV is on Virgin UK Channel 552.

Source: Business Sale.com

©copyright 2017 Media Boy 2006 - 2017. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Oh well it had a good ride.
Old 31-08-2017, 22:03   #2454
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Probably a promo trailer for That's Norwich. They only broadcast from 6pm to 11pm anyway. Actually, if it simply stopped broadcasting for a while, would anyone notice?
Very much doubt anyone would notice

Don't Sky have strict rules about requiring channels to show non repeated programming during peak times?

VM tend to put up a "ooops we can't bring you this channel right now" slate when a channel temporarily goes off air.

As for Freeview, IIRC they were gifted the EPG slot so I guess they'll be ok to show whatever they like (although they may fall foul of Ofcom programming requirements eg a minimum amount of new material, news etc).

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Oh well it had a good ride.
Ha ha

Interesting that the blurb states that they have an affluent viewership, never knew that cycling was the preserve of the middle/upper classes!!
Old 31-08-2017, 22:14   #2455
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
I had to retune Youview to get it.
Old 31-08-2017, 22:16   #2456
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Interesting that the blurb states that they have an affluent viewership, never knew that cycling was the preserve of the middle/upper classes!!
We has seen live Hill bike racing on Bike TV over the past few weeks.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 31-08-2017, 22:47   #2457
jj20x

Quote:
...(although they may fall foul of Ofcom programming requirements eg a minimum amount of new material, news etc).
When it comes to local channels, Ofcom has a track record of letting them do pretty much what they want. Ofcom probably knows that these small operations aren't financially viable and, now that BBC funding has dried up, they aren't going to get other operators interested in applying for the licence.

Old 31-08-2017, 22:59   #2458
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...vourite-hobby/
Old 01-09-2017, 03:02   #2459
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
An interesting article SP. Maybe it's not working out because they're all too busy doing it to watch it!
Old 01-09-2017, 05:03   #2460
jj20x

Quote:
An interesting article SP. Maybe it's not working out because they're all too busy doing it to watch it!
Indeed.

Quote:
As well as MTV Beats, Viacom 18 are also going to add Rishtey Cineplex to VM:

https://www.bizasialive.com/rishtey-...-media-launch/

Odd that only one is testing though.
Rishtey Cineplex is now testing on 4 internal networks. I've asked when the month end scan update will be available but it is held over until next week to include the data for Disney XD +1's latest transition, this time it is morphing into "Mickey and Pals", scheduled to launch on Monday. Oh joy!

Closed Thread