Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lobster 575 virgin phone

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Lobster 575 virgin phone

Old 23-10-2006, 12:38   #1
raefil
cf.addict

raefil is an unknown quantity at this point
Lobster 575 virgin phone

Argggh a silly question to some, probably, but has anyone worked out how to switch off the predictive text and put it on to abc? Its totally doing my head in lol
raefil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2006, 12:42   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Lobster 575 virgin phone

Have you err read the manual?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 12:50   #3
raefil
cf.addict

yep done that lol, nothing in it to explain how to do it, just says it can be done.
Old 23-10-2006, 14:50   #4
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

No idea as they wont let me have one

Have you tried ringing them
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 15:07   #5
raefil
cf.addict

After how long it took me to get through to get the phone in the first place Im hoping to avoid that option!

Interesting that so many are saying they are being turned down on credit check, wonder if its more that the popularity has surpassed the supplies
Old 23-10-2006, 20:40   #6
Rorschach
Inactive

Rorschach is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=Jules;34142697]No idea as they wont let me have one

Me neither.

Don't knock it mate. At least you've got one!

Rorschach
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 21:31   #7
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefil View Post
After how long it took me to get through to get the phone in the first place Im hoping to avoid that option!

Interesting that so many are saying they are being turned down on credit check, wonder if its more that the popularity has surpassed the supplies

put it this way, it better not be, as every single credit check gets placed on your credit file, and if to many appear in a given time than that effects your credit in a big way, send the £2 for your credit file and find out if NTL:tw are responsible for these credit failures.

if its proven your being failed because they cant keep up then theres a BIG legal problem comeing their way....
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 11:32   #8
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

If you failed a credit check with Virgin, I'm not sure how that can ben NTL:Telewest's fault?
If you did fail a credit check, it might be a better course of action to check your details with one of the credit reference agencies like Experian.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2006, 15:31   #9
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
If you failed a credit check with Virgin, I'm not sure how that can ben NTL:Telewest's fault?
If you did fail a credit check, it might be a better course of action to check your details with one of the credit reference agencies like Experian.
what do you think iv been saying, of course check your credit file at all 3 of the CRA's, and perhaps your 'how can that be ntls fault' will be answered.
Old 24-10-2006, 17:49   #10
raefil
cf.addict

sussed it whoopeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
Old 25-10-2006, 08:37   #11
popper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
i take it you got the deal ?, just to give you and other readers an insight into how its possible NTL:tw can mess up your credit file heres a link for interested readers
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...light=telewest
Old 25-10-2006, 23:24   #12
lmrt
Inactive

lmrt is an unknown quantity at this point

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION PLEASE!!!

HOW does one turn off that bloomin predictive text to normal ABC?

Any help appreciated

I'm a newbie & this is my first posting!
lmrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 23:38   #13
anduin
Inactive

Services: Sky+ HD, 100mb VM cable, Virgin Phoneline
anduin has a spectacular aura about themanduin has a spectacular aura about themanduin has a spectacular aura about themanduin has a spectacular aura about them

I would presume that when typing out a message you will have some 'options' button where predictive text or t9 will be turn offable
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2006, 13:01   #14
raefil
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmrt View Post
BACK TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION PLEASE!!!

HOW does one turn off that bloomin predictive text to normal ABC?

Any help appreciated

I'm a newbie & this is my first posting!
right, anyone else stuck with it here goes.

open messages as if your going to write a message. depress the # key for 2-3 seconds and it will change to ABC voila! You will need to do this every time you write a message.
Old 26-10-2006, 13:14   #15
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Oh the whole what do you think of the phone is it ok?
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote