Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Vivid 350?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Vivid 350?

Old 14-08-2017, 20:37   #31
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart
Re: Vivid 350?

the upload isn't traffic management on 350 product.
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2017, 20:49   #32
RainmakerRaw
cf.addict

Services: Gig1
RainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
the upload isn't traffic management on 350 product.
Actually it seems you could well be correct. I was looking here, but as I'd originally asked for VIVID300 (I didn't know 350 existed) I had 300 in my head when I read it. It doesn't actually explicitly mention 350, though it does say it's for all tiers '30mbps or higher'. That's pretty open to interpretation as nowhere does it say the 350 tier is exempt (though I realise traditionally the highest VM tier has had leeway).
Old 14-08-2017, 22:08   #33
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

So what is Vivid 350? It seems VM are all over the place with speeds at the minute. I'm on the VIP package which has 300Mb but I can only get 200Mb at the minute. When 300Mb becomes available will it be 300Mb or 350Mb? Is 350Mb a different package that costs more?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 22:27   #34
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

I phoned up to get my upgrade to Vivid 350. They were happy to do it. The SuperHub reset and ever since I've been offline. My account page still says Vivid 300. I'm now waiting for an engineer (they insisted) to visit on Saturday.
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 23:09   #35
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike86 View Post
I phoned up to get my upgrade to Vivid 350. They were happy to do it. The SuperHub reset and ever since I've been offline. My account page still says Vivid 300. I'm now waiting for an engineer (they insisted) to visit on Saturday.
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 23:14   #36
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that helpful reply
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 23:19   #37
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
So what is Vivid 350? It seems VM are all over the place with speeds at the minute. I'm on the VIP package which has 300Mb but I can only get 200Mb at the minute. When 300Mb becomes available will it be 300Mb or 350Mb? Is 350Mb a different package that costs more?
It is the same tier (homeworks). It looks like 350 is a phased upgrade from 300mbits being rolled out by area. I am going to be signing up within the next few days so i'll let you know whether i get 300 or 350. My area has always been awesome for speed and congestion so i am hoping 350 is available.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 23:43   #38
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Vivid 300 and 350 are nothing to do with Homeworks. Homeworks is some weird anomaly that VM are probably best getting rid of.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
But it will come anyway. Every time VM increase the speed, other will follow shortly.
Perhaps, but still not a reason to make things up on the assumption they'll happen.

The Vivid 50 tier was brought to life for cheapskates who don't want to pay for higher tiers. Whether it or any other tiers will be automatically uplifted is not known for sure - VM's provisioning system can and does hold tons of different legacy tiers.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 08:57   #39
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike86 View Post
If it is anything like when I upgraded the engineer will not be able to fix it
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 08:59   #40
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Vivid 300 and 350 are nothing to do with Homeworks. Homeworks is some weird anomaly that VM are probably best getting rid of
The max "normal" residential tier you can subscribe to is 200mbits, if you want anything higher you have got to come out of myvirginmedia and click on the homeworks link for "up to 300mbits".
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 11:44   #41
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

What sort of prices are people getting quoted for Vivid 300/350? Been quoted £51 a month for Vivid 300 plus weekend calls.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 12:04   #42
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
What sort of prices are people getting quoted for Vivid 300/350? Been quoted £51 a month for Vivid 300 plus weekend calls.
£48 on my end which honestly getting 190 megs more over my old package it was worth it.
JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 12:45   #43
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
The max "normal" residential tier you can subscribe to is 200mbits, if you want anything higher you have got to come out of myvirginmedia and click on the homeworks link for "up to 300mbits".
That must be an existing customers thing or something about your area. 300Mb is available via a standard order journey a couple of roads away from me. Homeworks is a different thing altogether, it has a load of gack attached to it hardly anyone wants.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 12:50   #44
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTheToaster View Post
£48 on my end which honestly getting 190 megs more over my old package it was worth it.
Thanks, if I can get it for that sort of price, I might go for it. Would be £3 more than I'm paying now. Might give live chat a go, see what they can do.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 12:59   #45
SimonB79
Inactive

SimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Vivid 350?

I've just been on livechat (4th time lol) and got nothing but absolute waffle! ... still isn't available in my area despite me being on £55 vivid300 for 9 month ... they can't even confirm if I'll be automatically upgraded!
SimonB79 is offline   Reply With Quote