Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Vivid 350?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Vivid 350?

Old 08-08-2017, 21:02   #16
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Vivid 350?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
if I put my postcode into the cable my street link I get sent to the same page as the screen shots I have posted in this thread. The only mention of any bb speed is towards the bottom of the page under fibre broadband where it says "Fast matters....we're delivering download speeds of up to 300Mbps" but I assumed that was generic advertising for everyone and not area specific.
If you click on the "carry on browsing" button does it say "LN etc - Up to 350Mb broadband" near the top?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2017, 23:00   #17
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

sorry I forgot to provide the link to my screen dump

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33705227

there is no option for carry on browsing.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 00:03   #18
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
sorry I forgot to provide the link to my screen dump

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33705227

there is no option for carry on browsing.
Click on the view bundles, should then say in a green banner what the max is you can get.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 00:22   #19
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Thanks, but this is how backwards it is. It lists the full house bundle with vivid 300 but says "Enter your postcode above to see if VIVID 300 is available in your area" but I already have and just have my postcode in a green box at the top with icons and green ticks for bb, tv, phone and mobile. No specifics about what speed is available.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:32   #20
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Hi I am back here. The evil TelfordCable.

Are 350/20 any good in Telford?
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:27   #21
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post

OMG, who let him out of his box?
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:04   #22
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Thanks, but this is how backwards it is. It lists the full house bundle with vivid 300 but says "Enter your postcode above to see if VIVID 300 is available in your area" but I already have and just have my postcode in a green box at the top with icons and green ticks for bb, tv, phone and mobile. No specifics about what speed is available.

I have exactly the same as you. I can not find any way of seeing if 300 or even 350 is available to me as I am currently on the 200 VIP so when I get my letter will be calling them up to match what they are offering as still have 1 1Tb TiVo also.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 14:01   #23
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:

you don't need to have such a slow connection. I spoke to CS yesterday and they told me 1gbit down and 500mbits up is coming out tomorrow next week and they are taking advanced orders now.
Old 14-08-2017, 11:09   #24
JordanTheToaster
I Toast Bread

Services: Vivid 350?
JordanTheToaster is on a distinguished roadJordanTheToaster is on a distinguished road

Mama mia I wasn't expecting it to go this high

JordanTheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 11:44   #25
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

It's capped at a touch over 402Mb.

The extra high capping is to bodge the 'average' performance numbers. Areas that are functioning well coming in at over 110% goodput at peak times helps balance out areas that are below par.

Of course that's not what VM's marketing / products people who made the decision would tell you, but it's pretty blatant.

Enjoy, toaster meister.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 14:38   #26
Broken Hope
cf.addict

Broken Hope has disabled reputation

So is there a chance of the 200 tier moving to 250?
Broken Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 14:48   #27
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

[Admin Insert: Note that the Information below is not accurate nor confirmed]

50 to become 100
100 to become 150
200 to become 250
300 to become 350

Upload unchanged
Old 14-08-2017, 15:49   #28
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
50 to become 100
100 to become 150
200 to become 250
300 to become 350

Upload unchanged
Don't make things up. It helps no-one, may confuse and disappoint people, and makes you look silly.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 18:38   #29
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Don't make things up. It helps no-one, may confuse and disappoint people, and makes you look silly.
But it will come anyway. Every time VM increase the speed, other will follow shortly.
Old 14-08-2017, 20:21   #30
RainmakerRaw
cf.addict

Services: Gig1
RainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of light

I have 350 too. I asked for the upgrade to VIVID300 on webchat, and was told it was done. After the SH3 rebooted (I have it in modem mode connected to an APU2C4 running pfSense) it was showing:

Our package on My VM:

Result:

I'm getting a pretty consistent 45MB/sec from Usenet so can't complain, especially for an extra ~£4 a month above our previous VIVID200 Gamer. The only thing that concerns me, is I've just checked the traffic management page and it says all packages over 30mbps are now subject to upstream throttling. The 200 Gamer was upload management free, and nobody told me this would be a thing. We do a lot of offsite backups and code merges so this is a bit of pain, but it's not the end of the world to schedule them outside of peak hours (which we try to do anyway).