Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 24-02-2017, 07:56   #2941
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

I had a V6 installed yesterday all went very quickly and easily. The installer gave me a new remote however I eventually discovered it wasn't a V6 remote and had to phone up for one. No problems so far and I like the ability to to stream recorded programmes to the phone and tablet.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-02-2017, 13:06   #2942
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsteptoe View Post
Joedm45 took your advice have now got the remote controlling my amp.
Thanks for everyone's advice.
Excellent news, glad it's sorted
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 14:38   #2943
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Have any of you guys come across the V6 black screen bug?
I've turned on my TV a couple of times now to be met with a black screen and just sound. The menu comes up when changing channel, but the black screen remains.

Turning off the Tivo and/or TV and turning it back on seems to be the only fix I can find at the moment. Looking at others on the Virgin forum, going into settings and testing the video formats also works.

This only seems to be happening on the V6 in the living room. The one in the bedroom is fine.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 14:46   #2944
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Have any of you guys come across the V6 black screen bug?
I've turned on my TV a couple of times now to be met with a black screen and just sound. The menu comes up when changing channel, but the black screen remains.

Turning off the Tivo and/or TV and turning it back on seems to be the only fix I can find at the moment. Looking at others on the Virgin forum, going into settings and testing the video formats also works.

This only seems to be happening on the V6 in the living room. The one in the bedroom is fine.
It's a known issue which will be fixed with an update. In the meantime, keep your box on and it won't happen.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 14:53   #2945
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It's a known issue which will be fixed with an update. In the meantime, keep your box on and it won't happen.
Cheers OB. I do keep my box on, but usually happens when TV has been left off all night. Turn it on first thing in the morning to watch the news or in the afternoon when mrs gets home from work and there is the black screen.

Thank god it's not the TV haha
Old 01-03-2017, 09:46   #2946
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

I seem to have solved the black box problem - I have ticked all of the video outputs in the settings menu. Fingers crossed it works ok now
Old 01-03-2017, 10:53   #2947
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I seem to have solved the black box problem - I have ticked all of the video outputs in the settings menu. Fingers crossed it works ok now
If it does, let's hope you get commission for your solution! Well done (in anticipation)!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:07   #2948
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If it does, let's hope you get commission for your solution! Well done (in anticipation)!
Haha no chance of that OB

I'm hoping it was a quick fix, the picture came straight on this morning so looking good. I'll ask the Mrs to stick it on when she gets home from work later too.
Old 01-03-2017, 13:23   #2949
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
...or have you had the new firmware level downloaded to your box and that has fixed the issue?
What's your firmware level?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 13:25   #2950
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
...or have you had the new firmware level downloaded to your box and that has fixed the issue?
What's your firmware level?
No idea mate, I'm at work.

Could be just a coincidence then I guess. I'll un tick the video settings when I get home and see what happens in the morning. If the screen goes black when I turn the TV on, I know it's not a firmware update but something in the settings.
Old 01-03-2017, 14:20   #2951
Amazed
Inactive

Amazed is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the new firmware version?
Amazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 16:20   #2952
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

20.5.8.1.rc4-vmb-11-c68
Old 01-03-2017, 17:51   #2953
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

The VM Community V6 forum is reporting a new update in the offing:
There's currently no information of which, if any, bugs have been fixed.

Quote:
The new and changed functions in the update are Quick View and Eco Power mode.

Quick View is initiated by pressing Play while in a recording or in delayed Live TV. OK turns on 1.3X speed which works well. It can be toggled off by Play and OK.
The power savings settings have been changed and are accessed through the normal settings menues. There is now a connected low power mode setting which puts V6 into standby but still allows access to MRS and TV Anywhere. Eco low power mode puts V6 further into standby, with no access to MRS or TV Anywhere.
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../3354560#M9142
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 18:27   #2954
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
20.5.8.1.rc4-vmb-11-c68

My version is 20.5.8.RC12-VMB-11-C68

Presumably this is an old version? If so how do I get the latest version?

Incidentally, on 1 of my V6 boxes I often get a green background to menus and a green tinge on live to/recording playback when I first switch to on (V6 box left on permanently) - my other V6 box is behaving perfectly.

Will the new version cure this?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 18:28   #2955
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

It was posted by a Superuser. Are those guys reliable?