Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Caller ID

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Caller ID

Old 02-01-2012, 14:26   #1
mirv
Inactive

mirv is an unknown quantity at this point
Caller ID

Happy new year to one and all,

I am in the Bromley area, can any one tell me if Caller ID is available?
mirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2012, 18:11   #2
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of
Re: CAller ID

CLID is now available in all areas.
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 00:58   #3
mirv
Inactive

mirv is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Andycalling,
mirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:26   #4
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCalling View Post
CLID is now available in all areas.
How do you know? the reason i ask we only phoned up vm last week to ask for it (area 20) in Brighton and was told that is still was not available in our area?? if it is i will phone up again because i'm changing my package too
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:40   #5
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
How do you know? the reason i ask we only phoned up vm last week to ask for it (area 20) in Brighton and was told that is still was not available in our area?? if it is i will phone up again because i'm changing my package too
Have a look through this thread (particularly the last half dozen pages or so) should tell you all you need to know.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/59...available.html
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 20:54   #6
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of

What he said. It was a tough job, the work has been on going through many consecutive cable company incarnations for over a decade to get it working where I live. Finally VM have taken over and have had their top men working on it. The boffins have worked tirelessly on getting this going for a significant portion of my life. In the time this has taken I have achieved a degree in both English and Theology, started and wound up a business, started a career and recently gained my 10 year long service award only just after this titanic quest was completed. I have been following the progress that whole time and awaiting the happy day when the brave cable engineers of Southampton would win through.

It has happened, the heroic saga was concluded in suitably dramatic fashion when VM's champion finally slew the beast as chronicled in the thread referred to in the post above. Trust me, I was there. Either that or I have finally snapped due to cable related PTSD and am living in a fantasy world. Still, it's nice here and I'm not leaving for anyone, so there! ~
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:23   #7
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

i'll call them up again thanks for your help :-)
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 10:48   #8
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Heck, we don't even have CallerID here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
As far as I know yes you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Okay. Thanks Ben. We certainly didn't have it ... the last time I enquired. But that was back in ... erm... 2010 I think.
So does this mean that I should now be getting CLID for free?

I ask only because this chap seems be doing so, without actually even asking for it.

Thanks.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 22:59   #9
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie
Re: Caller ID

We were told that it costs £2.50 a month extra?

I thought it would have been free, as we took their top phone package?
Gadgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 23:31   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Caller ID

Nope it is chargeable