Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 22-06-2017, 17:32   #3496
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Why would people pay Amazon for tvplayer when they can get it for free? Unless you was refering to tvplayer plus?
I didn't mean pay for the TV Player! It could simply be a free add on to the other services. It would make their offering a little more comprehensive.
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2017, 17:39   #3497
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I didn't mean pay for the TV Player! It could simply be a free add on to the other services. It would make their offering a little more comprehensive.
People would still have to pay though as you need to have prime to be able to sub to the services anyway.
Old 23-06-2017, 00:03   #3498
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
People would still have to pay though as you need to have prime to be able to sub to the services anyway.
That's right, but there would be no extra charge for the TV Player in my suggestion.
Old 23-06-2017, 00:37   #3499
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

I'm pretty sure the future of TV is an aggregated list of "channels" - where each channel is a broadcaster-specific-themed or branded content portal (instead of a single channel of live video for each one).

Inside that "page", will be iPlayer-like content branded by that content provider, plus a selection of live events. Especially for sports. For example, instead of Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 1 HD, Sky Sports 2 etc, there would be a "Sky Sports" content channel, that contains on-demand content, plus live events.

Same again for Viacom (for example) - there would probably be a separate "MTV" channel, containing a whole selection of "16 and pregnant" stuff along with a small selection video charts based on sub-genre - then Nickelodeon (for example) would be another "channel" that you can select, which inside it has a bunch of programmes for kids to select from, with maybe some live streams in there for events.

Eventually, I don't think people will be allowed to record things any more, what will happen is that each "channel" will make the content available for a set period of time only.
Old 23-06-2017, 08:40   #3500
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onramp View Post
I'm pretty sure the future of TV is an aggregated list of "channels" - where each channel is a broadcaster-specific-themed or branded content portal (instead of a single channel of live video for each one).

Inside that "page", will be iPlayer-like content branded by that content provider, plus a selection of live events. Especially for sports. For example, instead of Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 1 HD, Sky Sports 2 etc, there would be a "Sky Sports" content channel, that contains on-demand content, plus live events.

Same again for Viacom (for example) - there would probably be a separate "MTV" channel, containing a whole selection of "16 and pregnant" stuff along with a small selection video charts based on sub-genre - then Nickelodeon (for example) would be another "channel" that you can select, which inside it has a bunch of programmes for kids to select from, with maybe some live streams in there for events.

Eventually, I don't think people will be allowed to record things any more, what will happen is that each "channel" will make the content available for a set period of time only.
Yes, that's similar to my thinking. Material will be available for a fixed or indeterminate period, but you will be able to 'buy' it if you want to keep it.

The existing concept of having hundreds of live channels in packages as now will disappear. It will all be on demand so you can see what you want, when you want it.
Old 30-06-2017, 18:22   #3501
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

I know some here use NBC Sports for viewing Premier League games not available on British TV, those that do should be aware that from next season an extra subscription will be required for 130 of the 380 games.
NBC are introducing a new Premier League Pass service for those 130 games.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/20...r-programming/
Old 01-07-2017, 13:10   #3502
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I know some here use NBC Sports for viewing Premier League games not available on British TV, those that do should be aware that from next season an extra subscription will be required for 130 of the 380 games.
NBC are introducing a new Premier League Pass service for those 130 games.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/20...r-programming/
I saw this luckily my friend in the US has said they'll be subscribing to this new service too.

I await now for someone to call me evil and bad and state i'm going to tvland hell for accessing content not in the uk.
Old 01-07-2017, 17:22   #3503
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
I saw this luckily my friend in the US has said they'll be subscribing to this new service too.

I await now for someone to call me evil and bad and state i'm going to tvland hell for accessing content not in the uk.
I shall be joining you in the burning fires of hell too.
Like you I am lucky enough to have my friend in the US tell me they will sub to the new service for me (and it just goes to show that if you treat people well they reciprocate your kindness as my friend has refused my offer to wire the $50 to them!)

Before I am condemned to hell with any asinine quotes about the misuse of computers act I would point out that despite the fact that I could use my US login for free access to most sports and TV content I do actually pay for both and only use the service for those things not available on British TV.
Old 01-07-2017, 20:12   #3504
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I shall be joining you in the burning fires of hell too.
Like you I am lucky enough to have my friend in the US tell me they will sub to the new service for me (and it just goes to show that if you treat people well they reciprocate your kindness as my friend has refused my offer to wire the $50 to them!)

Before I am condemned to hell with any asinine quotes about the misuse of computers act I would point out that despite the fact that I could use my US login for free access to most sports and TV content I do actually pay for both and only use the service for those things not available on British TV.
I gave my friend access to my skygo in return for access to their directv, i think i got the better deal though lol.
Old 02-07-2017, 14:30   #3505
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I'm about to cancel my sub to Netflix, all the really good stuff has been watched and is now finished....
Old 02-07-2017, 15:17   #3506
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm about to cancel my sub to Netflix, all the really good stuff has been watched and is now finished....
That's the beauty of monthly contracts; drop them for a few months and join again when a bunch of new stuff has been added,
Old 02-07-2017, 16:20   #3507
buckeye
cf.addict

Quote:
I gave my friend access to my skygo in return for access to their directv, i think i got the better deal though lol.
I think you did too.

I think its fair to say my friend belongs to the liberal wing of American society,
she has become very paranoid since Trump's election so I gave her my login to a small, obscure, off the radar VPN service I have access to,
she's happy as Larry with this arrangement and I'll leave it to others to determine which of us got the better deal
Old 02-07-2017, 20:26   #3508
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Time to look at what Amazon has to offer!

Have you tried Now TV?
Old 02-07-2017, 20:28   #3509
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Time to look at what Amazon has to offer!

Have you tried Now TV?
I had Amazon for a month OB, watched a few things, but I find that Netflix has more to offer that suits our tastes, but as I said we have watched everything that we liked, as for Now TV, not sure if I could go back to watching stuff in SD, or has that changed, do they have HD broadcasts?
Old 02-07-2017, 20:33   #3510
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
I had Amazon for a month OB, watched a few things, but I find that Netflix has more to offer that suits our tastes, but as I said we have watched everything that we liked, as for Now TV, not sure if I could go back to watching stuff in SD, or has that changed, do they have HD broadcasts?
Now TV is 720p, which is actually HD quality.

Good pictures on my 48" screen. Why not try it for a month? Only £6.99 for the Entertainment Pack.
Closed Thread